Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    dlw,

To be honst, I realy dont like inports, my friend has 2 and some of my other friend have them also, I am more af a V8 Camaro- Vette guy. But I have to say that that that Lude looks so good! I would drive it! There are to may Cars in the inport croud that are so over done with <span style=`font-size: 14px;`>HUGE Wings and exhaust tips that are bigger around than my head! tell your son about this post also, or better yet let him read it! I sent the pics to my frend that is Crazy about Eagle talons, he was VERRY impressed with the look! I also just showed them to my Girl friend, she was also verry impressed. (noone here take this wrong) But I am young and in with the "cool" things that are out in todays markets. I am in like 6 camaro clubs and I can really appreciate that car, you and your son did a heck of a good job, and have a lot to be proud of! I know that the <em class=`bbc`>people on the other foums[/i] we being A$$es because of they we just Jealous........... I know I am

Later Bill..
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Redcar GUY, I`ve owned both domestics and imports (I am old), so I driven a lot of both and had good and bad ones in about every brand! The Vette, Cherokee and Prelude allow me to drive according to my current primal mood. Responsible family mood with the Jeep, sporty mood with the Lude, "Go ahead Punk, make my day" mood with the Vette! I`m pretty glad my son isn`t really in to a lot of the "sticker mods" that some guys are, although he really wanted the black & blue theme in the interior. He`s always loved the color blue and cried when I sold my first two-tone blue `81 junker Vette (made me feel guilty like I was selling Dutch, the family`s worthless dog). He was 6 at the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey now, you must not be aware of the HP increases that just one sticker creates. Particularly this one...

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0PADCFHgVSYGSb8x1TXTCoI5IbvYuYZTmVG9IEIZJhZekYxWnC Z8Me1qbfkk3QBpxqidlu4W5o4*KomG5WSwXNreE7g7BpRhM/vtec-inside.jpg[/img]

Don`t mind those small brained import owners. They have no idea what it takes to restore a paint job like you did. Ignore them. They`re just punks. That is a sweet car and you did an awesome job. :xyxthumbs If that car was pulling 12 second ETs then you would probably get more respect from the 15 year olds but who really cares what they think??

Jngrbrdman, oohhh, you just reminded me that I spent 18 years running a computer company. My company built white box systems for quite a few business in Nebraska and Iowa. I`m pleased to report that in a year of retirement, I`ve been completely cured of any interest in computers except for personal enjoyment (ie: boards like this and general internet/email). I have 6 systems at home networked together (even a complete setup in the garage in case I need emergency assistance detailing! he he). Most people thought I`d go nuts without my hands in the PC biz. Now when people ask me computer questions, I become the most ignorant person they`ve ever talked to. Regarding the 15 year old kids, the only one that really concerns me is mine and he`s pretty receptive to being normal! As far as the 12 second thing goes, the Prelude was second choice after the Mustang GT, which prompted Mom to suggest that she might take serious medical procedures into her own hands. She once had an Accord though, so she thought a "Honda" would be nice. Please Lord, don`t let any know-it-all tell her that VTEC doesn`t mean Very Tame Engine Capability.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol I`m in the same boat. As soon as my wife finds out that `GSR` stands for "Go Speed Racer" she is probably going to make me get a Civic or something. The lude is the only car that Honda makes that can give the GSR a run for its money. You made a wise choice on a car. :xyxthumbs

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    man, I gotta bow down to that work...... simply amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    As an import fanatic (actually getting togeather with my local import club at the track tomorrow... hope the ferrarri and supras are there).. i have to say great job. I think your restoration was very well done. I wish i could see it in person. I know there are a LOT of import people (mostly younger) who can`t stand anyone doing anything to their imports. No matter what you do someone will consider it "Riced" I say if you like it go for it. I might ditch my spoiler for an aluminum wing.. or at least one that has a different look. My car will probably get keyed after that.. but hey.. what are you going to do. At least i`ll get to practice my touch up jobs. I think that car looks very slick and clean. The blue color adds just enough to make it unique.. but not over do it. :up :up :up

Post Thanks / Like
    That is outstanding work.
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have a tough time believing you that those aren`t two (2) different cars...

Kidding of course, excellent work. Now do you want to do some work on my car?
    Rich Ross
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN MOBILE DETAIL
    Huntsville, Utah

WEWAXEM!

Post Thanks / Like
    is the back seat covered too?

DCopp, my son hasn`t decided to part with the money for the Wet Okole`s for the back seat. He`s got the money but it will tap him out pretty good, so he`s deciding where he will get the most bang for the buck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome work Dan!! The Wet Okole`s just top it off for me as I used to have them and they are definitely worth the money!!
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Thanks / Like
    wow dan! :xyxthumbs i think you should name that prelude the phoenix. you`ve obviously brought it back from the dead in a blaze of glory. that is AMAZING! well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    dlw, I just want to say two things. First, awesome job. I am truly impressed. Not only with your results, but also with the fact that your son shared your pride in making it happen.

Second, I showed this to my soon-to-be 16-year-old daughter. She is dead set on getting a late 60`s El Camino, and I told her we could look for one in good mechanical shape that was otherwise a "project car." She was skeptical until I showed her this post. It blew her away. She said: "I would sooo much love to do something like that with you. That car would mean soooo much more to me. Do you think we could really do that?"

Me: "Sure we can. With perserverence, patience and the help of our friends here at Autopia we can do anything."

Thanks Dan, you are a good Dad.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

8ball, Thanks for the kind words! The Prelude has been a great project for my son and I. We`ve even kept a 3" ring binder with a basic history of the car, including all the purchase papers, previous owner`s maintenance records, etc. We used the clear insert pages for a before and after pictorial section. My 14 year old daughter is already making plans for her "project" car for next year. My son is such a sports nut and I`m such a non-jock that his car has made a great common ground for us, he`s even started to want to go to Sears to look at tools now when he has a few bucks, vs. before when he would want to go to Best Buy and look at new Nintendo games. Tomorrow we plan to embark on our "road trip", which will consist of a day traveling to several small towns around Omaha, stopping for lunch in a local small-town diner. This will be our shake down cruise and a chance for him to get more comfortable with the 5-speed manual trans without the city traffic pressure. I`m amazed and certainly thankful for all the tips and products that I`ve been pointed to here on Autopia, a great place to learn about car care things that you didn`t know you didn`t know about! Good luck with your project car, any young lady that likes old El Caminos is definitely on the right track!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information