Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Try layering a couple more SG layers on there and see what happens. And later, for added fun, top with a carnauba!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Chuckmotor [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Try layering a couple more SG layers on there and see what happens. And later, for added fun, top with a carnauba! [/b]</blockquote>
    Once you top with a carnauba, what do you do "next time"? You can always put mor carnauba on, but suppose you think you`re ready to put another layer of SG on? Have to strip the carnauba but not the remaining SG right? How do you do that?

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Have to strip the carnauba but not the remaining SG right? How do you do that? [/b]</blockquote>Good ? how do you not strip the SG or AIO?
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait til the carnauba wears off and do a VERY MILD dawn wash.

Try that?

I`m not liable though, just a thought .

Carguy what did you think of my questions to you above?

dawn doesn`t strip klasse. I did a dawn wash thinking it would but it doesn`t. I did it to strip 2 layers of meguiars #26. After the dawn wash the car was still beading/sheeting. I put on another layer of SG and it went fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, SG is an acrylic, so it`s pretty tough stuff! It offers extremely good protection, so it`s hard to strip with Dawn, meaning you probably can succesfully remove a layer or two of carnauba without hurting the Klasse too much. Personally, I like the carnauba look, so that`s why I suggested to top with one.

I would be intrested to see what happens if SG is topped with Meguiar`s Gold Class. Has anybody tried this?? I doubt it would strip the SG layers if this is done (see my explanation in this thread for why I think this). Anybody tried this or like to try it???
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that Dawn removed Klasse for one of my cars but didn`t COMPLETELY remove it from another. However, it did do quite a number on it. I think puterbum`s suggestion makes sense. THis must be one of those day`s when he`s thinking clearly. hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    If you dawn wash, reapply SG, because dawn did seem to remove it.

It is no surprise that GC looks better than SG to most folk. It is loaded with oils, and a high shine like that is not that hard to accomplish. But the important thing to remember is that there is much more to a product than shine.

Wash your car once and reevaluate...........

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished washing the truck. I had a friend look at it and he thinks the Gold Class Side looks better. I seriously couldn`t see a difference. I`ll try to get the mailman to look today He should be coming in an hour :p

It is cloudy today so I wont be able to look at it in bright sunlight. Might even rain! YAY!!!! Get to test out the Rain-X some more. This stuff seriously kicks. I just got finished applying it to my friends truck.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Puterbum said

. . . just how often do you polish your car? And where do all of these swirls come from every few weeks?</blockquote>
    Hard to say by weeks because I drive the BMW between 2-3 weeks at a time and then drive the Porsche for 1. I don`t like to let them sit longer than 3 weeks without being connected to a charger, which I haven`t bought yet.

When I have the Porsche, it gets washed very frequently - as often as every 2 or 3 days. I frequently see some area that bugs me - and I`ll target that specific area and polish it. I rarely polish out the whole car at once. The swirls (and they are minor, but <font size=+2 color=red face=roman>I</font> see them ) come from washing, drying, QD`ing, waxing, buffing, any rubbing at all. The P-paint is soft. Each time you touch the car you run the risk. I am fairly careful with my techniques, but NOT anal -- I do NOT use two buckets, I do NOT rinse after every single panel. Shame on me, mea culpa, etc. So each time I do something, I`m likely to get a few marks. I won`t notice them right away, but they do add up. Makes me crazy - but then - you already knew that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you don`t agree with this, but if the swirls are very minor, then they will only be in the Klasse SG layers (that is, if you had Klasse on the car). While I understand your skepticism, curiousity alone would make me want to try it. When I get some marring in my Zaino coats, a quick application of Z-5 pretty much takes care of it for me.

Wash every 2-3 days? Wow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting test, and I agree that if you have some auto enthusiast nearby their impressions of your paint will probably be the most accurate. Like Carguy I also wash my black car at least once a week and I have tried Klasse AIO+SG, Zaino Z2 Z5, and Meguiars Gold Class and although I admit that Gold Class has the least protective properties, it sure gets some rave review from a couple of black car owners I work with ( they both went out a bought the GC paste). The GC paste wax is very oily but it does give the black car a deep wet shine. I would love to see Souveran up against GC, before I purchase this product for $65. I intend on splitting a container of Souveran with a fellow black car owner in April in a detailing outing.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Which brings me back to my previous question that I have asked before, what would happen if you put Gold Class on top of Klasse???????
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Having trouble catching the difference between the two with a camera. I`ll have to say that Gold Class was kicking butt in the beginning but Klasse is definitely winning now! Still looks like the day I applied it.

Here is the passenger side with gold class.

Post Thanks / Like
    and the driver side with Klasse.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information