Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Xenons look really yellow, is that the camera or is that how they look normally? Nice car :up was considering that myself but couldnt wait for the manual tranny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeepers creepers, does that guy rent space? If I could I would pay to use it for a day here and there.... wow.... seeing that garage is like a dream man. Throw in a couch, bed, tv and some food and I have my house!

If you guys do touch up paint, like on the edge of the doors and stuff maybe I would swing by, I need a window re-tinted ........ let me know what you guys do will ya?

the fogs on the car are yellow, but they xenons are very blue. Ill take some more pics of them at night. Joe, I don`t work for the detail shop but the people I know that work down there I don`t think are that good at doing touch ups. I`ve never really seen them touch up any cars though. Let me ask them next time I`m in the detail bay (which is often) and I`ll ask them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Al, do you think you can ask if I can detail my car there, if there is a fee included it would be fine. I would even detail after hours and be out of there before they came in.... I don`t know, just a thought........

Unfortunately Joe I do not have the authority to rent out a space in the shop. It is used to recon new cars and clean new cars for delivery at the dealership. I just go down there when it isn`t busy and clean my car. I can ask if something can be arranged but it is pretty much an employee only thing (insurance risks etc.). The shop is pretty loaded though, has air compressor lines, 10 shop vacs, pressure washer, heated :up, etc. They also have tons of buffers and tons of supplies (but I always use my own stuff). I will ask the shop manager if something can be arranged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, thanks Al, any effort you put foward is always more than appericated.... just trying to find a place where I don`t need to worry about the elements ya know.

Thanks again man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Car. I know you will have some great motoring with the Lexus. Their quality and materials are the best in the business barring none. I bet you can not tell when the engine is idling and the workmanship is supreme. Good luck and watch out for those pot holes in Boston and the bumper car parking idiots ( I lived there for 43 yrs). My 95 LS400 has over 90K miles ( family work horse ) and still runs and looks like new. My Lexus seems to have a very hard and thick clear coat in comparison to my Z28 and with a sealant you should get many miles and years of that "brand new" car appearance.

CONGRATULATIONS :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you get a navigation as an option with that car? Where would it be located on the dash if you did?

Also, what did you do to get the brakes rust free?

Ryan

yep this is what it looks like with the navigation.

edit: And it is only the surface that is bare metal (where the pads touch the rotors) that was rusty (because it rained the night before). The rest of the rotor is painted silver from the factory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty snazzy interior. The stick shift reminds me of the Ferrari we had in the valet garage.

Post Thanks / Like

68 GTO prepped and corrected for Salem Roadster Show by Immaculate Reflections

The owner of this beauty and I had been talking about getting his GTO prepped and ready for an upcoming car show. This car show was by invitation only, the Salem Roadster Show. More info here: http://salem-roadstershow.com/

Owner had the car repainted a little while ago and had it done "RIGHT". This was a very good quality paint job and was not cheap. The result was a lack of issues that most repaints have with excessive overspray, fisheyes, solvent pop, and thin spots. It was a pleasure working on such a quality paint job.

What was originally going to be a basic cleanup, became a 2 stage paint correction and engine/frame detail. A solid 2 days on the GTO had it looking "ship shape" again and ready for the show without pesky swirls and scratches. Leaving behind only a nice glossy finish. So the GTO was rinsed, foamed, washed, clayed, 2 stages of correction were performed, all chrome polished, engine cleaned, powdercoated frame cleaned, IPA wipedown, and sealant applied.

edit: products used - P21S Wheel Gel on wheels, washed with dawn, Zaino claybar with ONR as lube, correction work done on rotary with Lake Country orange pad and Megs 105, then Flex (rotary) with Lake Country black pad and Menzerna 85RD for jeweling. It got 2 coats of Zaino Z2pro.

After rinsing off getting ready for the first wash

Swirls, swirls, and more swirls...

Fender (on right) corrected, Hood (on left) uncorrected. This is a very tricky color to capture defects with a camera. There were more defects than it looks like, but it all cleaned up very well.

Hood corrected and looking ship-shape again

More juicy correctness

Rear quarter swirls

Corrected and in good order

The only thing the bodyshop missed, some DA sanding marks. This was sorted out, and put back in good order.

Showing "good order" restored

Finished pics after sealant

Chrome having the mirror finish that it should

Glass needed restoring, but wasn`t part of this detail.

Powdercoated frame looking like a mirror of black oil. Mmmm

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoyed the writeup!
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work all around Jeff! That car looks amazing.

-Kody-

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work Jeff!:
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kakeuter View Post
    Excellent work all around Jeff! That car looks amazing.

-Kody-
    Thanks Kody!

Quote Originally Posted by Tru_Shine View Post
    Excellent work Jeff!:
    Thanks Eric!

ancing Dot:
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful job on the GTO Jeff. The car looks amazing. There is nothing quite like American Muscle.:thumbup:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information