Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is this a combo bad? Will I notice anything different over my current klasse shine. My choices to top with are meguiars #26, the red meguiars bottle carnuba wax (step 3), Meguiars gold class, and Eagle one WET wax. I really dont want to buy any new waxes now, so out of those what would u use.

Post Thanks / Like
    eom

Post Thanks / Like
    AlBoston - I just picked up a bottle of Gold Class from my buddy but I`m not to sure I want to use it. I see it as ... once I layer wax, the sg layering is over. I would strip my car if I wanted to layer more klasse glaze on my car if I had a layer of wax on it.

Not saying you HAVE you strip the car or wax, you can fiddle around and see if layering more klasse glaze ontop of the wax will enhance the shine....

I use Blitz on my klasse`d red car. I don`t notice too much of a difference unless I use sevral layers of wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with DK & Joe on this one. I`d suggest before putting a wax topper on that you put at least 3 layers of SG on first. It will improve with each layer. After you are totally satisfied with the SG then consider a wax topper. Once you put the wax on you can`t go back to apply SG because it won`t bond properly to the wax coating. A Dawn wash will remove the wax topper but it isn`t recommended for more than two or three times a year.

I have only tried a wax topper once and it was on the hood of my white truck. Maybe it was just the color but the wax topper seemed like a waste of time. Now I just add layers of SG instead of wax when I get the chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you can really really keep up with your car (just about all of us can), the wax will attract alot of dust and not help much unless layered quite a few times.

I would put at least 3 layers of Glaze on, 5 is the most for the average person. Personally .......... I put around 8 on and still was not happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree with the suggestions that you first put more layers of SG on. Once you have applied as many SG layers as you`d like, you can use any of the waxes. They`ll all look good. You`ll probably find that the Gold Class will last 2-3 weeks. The rest will last longer. I have used Gold Class and #26 and like them both. Before you apply any of the waxes, though, I would email Meguiar`s and Eagle One to see whether they have any cleaning properties. If they do, you`ll be stripping off SG when you apply the wax, and you don`t want that. I know that #26 does NOT have cleaning properties, so that will be OK. I am not sure about Gold Class and Eagle One WET, thoguh, so that`s why you might want to email Meguiar`s and Eagle One.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I would put at least 3 layers of Glaze on, 5 is the most for the average person. Personally .......... I put around 8 on and still was not happy. [/b]</blockquote>
    I am surprised. Did you prep the car properly? 8 coats of SG must have a hell of a shine. I think you are at the point though, where diminishing returns sets in. Shine is more of a preference, and different products give your car a different look. Perhaps it is time to try something new in the quest for YOUR perfect shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow DK, how many coats is that??

Post Thanks / Like
    My hod has a shine that is a little less than that ......... at least I think so....

I`m looking for something no product cant offer. More of a shine that an entire 32 ounce bottle of Klasse will offer. I want a shine that is not reasonable

Post Thanks / Like
    How about covering your car with mirrors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Add more layers of SG then top as you please.

Joed what kinda shine you looking for? Show Car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I am looking for a show car shine.

Currently I only use my car on the weekend and even then I detail it all day and drive it for a couple of hours late in the day then cover it up on Sunday and wait another week. Sometimes detailing it through the week when the sun stays out longer.

What do you think I should do, can the Klasse Glaze live up to my expectations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Pay for a show car paint job (10K or so) or lower expectations.

If you are not satisified with Klasse`s look why not try another product you have not tried. Black fire, Zaino, Liquid Glass, Meguiars #20, Zymol $tuff, etc etc etc.

Maybe just adding the Carnuba topper would give you the look you desire. Try experimenting and post your reviews!!!

Good Luck & Happy Mardi Gras!!!!

I dont know, but I have said many times that I have 4 coats of SG. And my many pics in the member pictures.
    My ML with 4 coats of SG

here is one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information