Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out this info I came across----> What do you think?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading the posts about Liquid Glass, I asked their technical support. Here is the response I got:

"Liquid Glass Polish/Finish has not contained abrasive cleaning agents in

almost twenty years. Liquid Glass Polish/Finish is clearcoat safe and does

not contain abrasives of any kind. A paint surface that is not perfectly

clean, and ready to be sealed and protected, must be cleaned with another

product prior to application of Liquid Glass Polish/Finish. Liquid Glass

Polish/Finish will not cut into clearcoat or remove oxidation and scratches.

Multiple coats of Liquid Glass Polish/Finish will add additional protection

and deeper gloss. The more coats applied the better the protection, and the better the "depth" of the gloss."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Liquid Glass does have a high solvent content(not as high as a paint cleaner like Meguiars though), so applying another coat may possibly remove some of the first coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is the nomenclature difference...a lot of people here equate products that are full of solvents with abrasives.

I always think of the difference as being a physical paint cleaner versus a chemical paint cleaner.

I assume what the tech support tells you is true. Why would you not believe it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I emailed them too recently, here`s what they said: I was aksing them about FinishFirst as well in comparison to their product...

"Liquid Glass Polish/Finish is designed to seal and protect new or well maintained finishes. Liquid Glass Polish/Finish contains no cleaners or abrasives and will not clean or restore a paint finish that is worn or oxidized.

Many companies claim to manufacture products that are "just like", "as good as", or "work like", Liquid Glass Polish/Finish. Liquid Glass Polish/Finish consists of a unique carbon based formula that is often imitated but has never been duplicated.

Thank you for your e-mail."

I went ahead and bought a can to use on a relative`s Black Silverado truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the ingredients listed in order as on the Liquid Glass container:

Active ingredients: Aliphatic hydrocarbons, amino polymers, ultra-violet sunscreen inhibitors, moisturizers, conditioners, rust inhibitors, mild inert cleaning agents, aliphatic petroleum solvents.

Contains no silicones or waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    My can says:

Clear Coat Safe, Contains No Abrasives (all in bold at upper right corner)

Active Ingredients: Aliphatic hydrocarbons, amino polymers, ultra-violet sunscreen inhibitors, moisturizers, conditioners, rust inhibitors, mild inert cleaning agents, aliphatic solvents.

And, it comes with a Life-time warranty :p

That`s all it mentions about any polishing, cleaning, or abrasives. But, it also says "improved formula" on the front as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    How is the shine and gloss with Liquid Glass? Since it supposadly has no cleaners, is it applied like a wax and spread over the car, then buffed out after it dries?
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone want to take a stab at this? If it is inert, it means it is not doing anything chemically. The only other way to clean is mechanically. Make your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Anyone want to take a stab at this? If it is inert, it means it is not doing anything chemically. The only other way to clean is mechanically. Make your own conclusions. [/b]</blockquote>
    why are we scruitinizing lg? even if these "mild inert cleaning agents" do exhibit abrasiveness, so what? It goes back to the question... Are abrasives bad when incorporated in a paint sealant? I really doubt you`ll get clear coat failure as a result of using liquid glass regularly and applied as directed.

I`ve used both liquid glass and zaino. And my experience has been the shine is fantastic with both. In fact, I believe detailking posted an article awhile back showing liquid glass had a higher initial shine and reflectivity using some kind of photoelectronic meter. I tend to agree with the article results. The lg shine doesn`t last as long, but no biggie if you detail on a regular basis as most of the autopians do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes LG is a good product that has been around for a long time, providing lasting protection and is easy to apply and remove. It also has a great shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn`t there a pic of a black VW ... kinda looked like black chrome and he said he used LG....It was a great pic!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used LG PreCleaner which is similar to PPCL but I think it is easier to apply/remove. Says it does not contain abrasives, cleans chemically. It works great to remove any type of coating on your windshield/glass.

H

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bigboyhf [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I have used LG PreCleaner which is similar to PPCL but I think it is easier to apply/remove. Says it does not contain abrasives, cleans chemically. It works great to remove any type of coating on your windshield/glass.

H [/b]</blockquote>
    Liquid Glass precleaner - From their Technical support team-->

"....Liquid Glass PRE-CLEANER contains microscopic size abrasives that will help
    remove minor oxidation and light scratches......."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

PPCL is very mild. Remember there is only so much cleaning a chemical can do until you need rubber gloves to use the product. With most company`s trying to put less and less VOC solvents in their formulations (for health hazzards and to obey local and state laws), the only way to "clean" is mechanically.......

Oh, and here is the label from LG from a 15 yr old can. Interesting..

http://www.fototime.com/C85B73B621ACA3A/orig.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Always wear your seatbelts! (This is NOT going to buff out :( )

Remember rolling 1.5 times. Three witnesses stated it was 3.5 times. Ended up on the passenger side/roof (kind of wedged in).

I have some MINOR cuts from climbing out through the driver`s side door (all of the glass windows blew out on the side) and a slight bruise from the seatbelt, otherwise I feel pretty good. My upper back is a little sore, but not too bad.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How you feel this morning? I was leaving my house to get you to take you to your house, when I call you ( 30 min drive there ) Glad to hear your OK, stay home with the family this week and let the insurnace total the car.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information