Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am currently using leatherique on my leather seats in my Mercedes; however, I would like a leather conditioner with a better smell. I am looking for a conditioner that would restore or partially restore the smell of new leather. I bought leatherique because people told me it makes leather smell new, but when it came in it smelled closer to lexol (which smells bad to me). I was told conolly hide food and Z leather conditioner make leather smell new. Is that true? Also how does EO leather conditioner smell? Guess My Name reccomended Z leather in a bottle, but I read it contained mink oil... I thought that was bad for your leather like saddle soap. Help me clear the confusion!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw same type of thread just the other day. Try a search. Lots of info. If I recall, the z and hide food were up there in the smell of new leather catergory.
    2001 V6 GLS Passat, Indigo blue, 2xAIO/5xSG

My Ride

i dont thats why i posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s the thread I was talking about. Might be something interesting for ya. http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthrea...hlight=leather
    2001 V6 GLS Passat, Indigo blue, 2xAIO/5xSG

My Ride

Post Thanks / Like
    where did you read that Z leather in a bottle had mink oil?

My bottle has no ingredients.

Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One has mink oil. It smells OK, but can be just a little greasy. However, your hands feel fantastic after using it ! It leaves a stronger smell than Leatherique, but it is not quite the new leather smell, more like lanolin (which it also has and neatsfoot from memory).
    Regards

Michael H

I want a solid opinion on what to buy... So Guess my name, you do believe that leather in a bottle makes leather smell new again? And this is where i read it contains mink oil http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?d...&pf%5Fid=34415

Post Thanks / Like
    AL to my nose yes Z smells the best.

Again it smells like a new car that has leather seats...not exactly leather but a the whole new car smell thingy.

I checked ecklers out and funny that Zaino`s site does not list ingredients.

maybe if I get the urge I will ask Zaino about it.

I do suggest Al that you try a bunch of different products till you find what you like. I have several bottles of stuff and keep them all. No one ever said you can have too much detailing products...well I never did.!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Leatherique smells awesome. :up It`s mainly a restoration product, but man it works great at keeping your seats looking new. www.leatherique.com
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    SL you liked that smell??? I did not love it but I did not hate it either.

PS I heard of people using the white liquid stuff (forget name) on their tires and plastic trim...you ever try that? I wonder if it is just a 303 like protectant?

Thanks Guess my Name, Ill be ordering Z leather in a bottle tommorow. Should i get Z9 too (the leather cleaner)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got an email from Sal he said Leather in a bottle does not have mink oil in it.

I have not tried the cleaner butI would love for you to try it and post a review!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Z-10 has a good leather smell.

Generally, I believe that most truths are objective -- that is, they are not matters of opinion. But, the <em class=`bbc`>proper smell?[/i] I surrender! My opinion is that it is a matter of opinion (!).

Post Thanks / Like
    The Zaino Z10 smells great, and does a good job on leather, too. If you`re looking for a product to bring back the leather smell, Griot`s Garage has their leather rejuvenator kit which includes a spray bottle of leather scent. It works well and lasts a long time, especially if you spray some near the floor vents.

BTW, I think Z16 smells like citrus - orange, maybe? And I commend them on the bottle design. It`s nice to be able to pour the dressing onto an applicator rather than spray (and waste).

do u mean Z-10??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information