Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried Lexol on BMW e36 leather? I have a 1998 M3 and am wondering if Lexol will be an effective leather care product. Thanks all.
    1999 Mercedes ML 430...Black

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner on my E46 and they work fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is all that I have ever use on my 89 325is and has really done a good job. Just used it on on "new" M3 and it did a great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lexol in the past but find Eagle One Leather conditoner to be far superior. (And 1/2 the price of Lexol!!) EO appears to absorb better, give a nicer sheen and it`s non-greasy. It also has "extra"

conditioning properties that seem to make it a better product. Lexol is "Ok" but seems to be the same formula and was designed for saddles and rawer, more unfinished leather products. EO appears to have been made with newer leather finishes in mind. (Coated leather) Anyway, it just works better to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Zaino leather products on my 2001 330i. It leaves a flatter gloss. The Lexol is another top notch leather product that leaves a bit more shine to the surface of the leather.

Outside of these two products, I`d say your a winner!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Lexol and it`s a pretty good product. Leatherique is also great if you can afford it, www.leatherique.com
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Griots Leather Cleaner and 303. Worked the best on E46 leather for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Lexol for years on my Corrado and has kept it in excellent shape. My friend uses VW`s Leather Cleaner/Conditioner which is an Eagle One product and swears by it. All-in-one products tend not to be as effective as products that are specific to one particular purpose--but they`re easier and more convenient.

In the end, it`s all very objective. I think you`re good with most of the choices suggested.

Post Thanks / Like
    No problems with Lexol cleaner on my 13 year old or 9 month old BMWs. I have seen posts on this site recommending sparing use of conditioners though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using Lexol on my E46 since new (2 years). It`s nothing special IMO, but seems safe for the leather which is the most important thing. Nothing really seems to absorb into my seats so eveything is a topical treatment only. I also use Armor All wipes for a quick between detail clean and they work pretty well though leave the seats slightly slick, nothing too bad though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Lexol is nothing revolutionary which is why I`ve always liked it--no hype, fancy packaging, etc.

It`s important to make sure that the leather is warm when you apply any of the leather treatments. This way the pores are open and can absorb the product. If it`s a warm day, I leave my windows closed so the interior heats up. If it`s a cold day, I pull out the blow dryer. Then when I apply the conditioner, I rub it in with my hands, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe off the excess.

Then you just have to wait a day or two for the remainder of product to aborsorb through.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m also a big fan of the Eagle One Leather Conditioner. Really good product at a great price. It conditions the seats nicely and the smell! Wow, what a wonderful scent it leaves. Laters

Post Thanks / Like

"kickin it old skool" 1989 BMW 325i E30 paint correction

So I drove up to Sevierville Tn to wet sand, buff and polish a old BMW 325i that a client of mine had stashed in a barn for awhile. He had previously washed and claybared it but noticed that it was going to take a little bit more to bring this bad boy to a Tru Shine

Tools & Products

Highline meter 2 Paint thickness gauge
    harbor freight Rotary
    Meguiars W66 BP
    3" Rotary backing plate
    Meguiars M105/M205
    Lake country PFW,Orange,cyan,tangerine,white pads
    3m Hookit II p1500 wetsanding paper
    Eagle p3000 wetsanding paper
    Flex 3401 VRG
    Brinkman`s Duel Xenon light
    Blackfire Wet diamond
    Griot`s Garage 3" orbital with various backing plates
    3m blue painters tape

So I got there and he had it washed, taped up and ready to go for me to get right to work.

Here is what I pulled up to

So we pushed it into the Garage and I took measurements of the paint thickness to see what I was working with.

So over all the paint on the horizontal panals were pretty healthy and some of the side panels were a little low.

Well this being an 89 i was not sure if it was 1 Stage paint or 2 Stage so I gave it a little whirl and guess what?

Single Stage!!!! YAY!!!! Now I am going to leave here PINK!!

So after examining the 21 year old surface I noticed lots of acid rain spots and deep little pits, and TONS of Scratches. So I wet sanded a little spot to see if the owner wanted to step up the job a little. I wet sanded with p1500 grit and then followed by 3000 grit.

This was the before surface

To this!

Looks great but we decided to not do the hood because it was REALLY eaten up by rock chip. But we wetsanded the whole roof and trunk in the end

All of the paint was really dull and oxidized and the M105/Purple foamed wool pad really brought out the Shine.

after that step I Polished with the M205/tangerine LC Hydrotech pad

and it came out to this

The Front bumper was Completely pink when I started but came out real nice

you cant forget the lower panels either

Here is a shot of the door are just M105/PFW

The rear bumper was just the same as the front

This is a 50/50 using the Brinkman`s Duel Xenon swirl finder light

Continued below!

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the difference what a little M105/orange pad can do to the mirrors

These are the little pits and scratches that I described earlier. This is after the M105/PFW via Rotary

So we wetsanded the roof and trunk and finished buffing the car and here are the Final Shot (sorry there not any sun shots, It was 11:30pm when I finished)

The single stage paint is fun but messy, Everything I had was Pink or red

I finished off with a Coat of Black Fire Wet Diamond

And Yes those are Future Detail write ups in the back ground. along with a couple more Suprises

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and have a blessed day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information