Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everybody,

Has anyone tried the mf`s from www.rightlook.com ?

http://www.rightlook.com/cgi-bin/checkitout/checkitout.cgi?rightlooSTORE:CKIE:CATNEXT010++-%20Detailing/Microfiber

I called Right Look and they said the maker`s mf tag says Viper. They seam to be inexpensive compared to everyone else. But most times you get what you pay for, but they could be buying in large quanities and it could be a great deal.Any help is appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by High Noon [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Hi Everybody,

Has anyone tried the mf`s from www.rightlook.com ?

http://www.rightlook.com/cgi-bin/checkitout/checkitout.cgi?rightlooSTORE:CKIE:CATNEXT010++-%20Detailing/Microfiber

I called Right Look and they said the maker`s mf tag says Viper. They seam to be inexpensive compared to everyone else. But most times you get what you pay for, but they could be buying in large quanities and it could be a great deal.Any help is appreciated!! [/b]</blockquote>
    I had the same question about the quality of the product. I have Vipers from "Top of the Line" and they are really plush and nice quality. I see on Rightlook.com that you can get a bunch for just several dollars for each.

Perhaps getting just one and checking it out would be best thing to do. If you do so, update this thread with the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jazzy,

I am going to buy one each ,from Top of the Line and Rightlook and see what the difference is. I spoke to Steve from Neat Items thru email, he is back on the 4th . I would like to get one from him also, everybody says he is the best, but it seems not to many people have the TOL or Rightlook mf`s. If right look is quality, a group buy might not be a bad idea. I could do that easy, I own a bussiness, www.highnoonholsters.com and I could ship them from the shipping dept. Whatever the mf`s cost and the shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks,

Went by a few weeks back since they are local. Here`s my input:

http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthrea...&threadid=5260

The green ones are the same as Viper, blue seemed a bit more plush.

Check this out as well:
    http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthrea...&threadid=5450

I probably would not go with the large towel again from Rightlook. I actually like the ones from hhshoping.com(the large ones) better. Neatitems are the best 24X48 (19.00)

If you don`t get enough info from the posts let me know.

LC

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Likecars

Thanks for the info.

I read the hhshoping towels didn`t pass the cd test. Have you had any problems with the HH so far? Do you have any towels from top of the line?

Post Thanks / Like
    My 18x36s passed the cd test. (light to mod press.) The 16x16s did the same, but had some linting. That`s an issue for some and not others (people). The 16x16s are close to the suede texture. Do not prefer those.

I`m using the big ones for drying and I use the lay it on and blot method. Perfectly comfortable with them on my finish.

Have not picked up TOL towels. I did get their PC pads, have not been to happy with those (unrelated note, no service issues).

I have:

Ultra/Miracle

Neatitems

Rightlook

HHshopping(Euroshine)

Nicsand

Can`t find the thread where a bunch of listed our inventory.

LC

Post Thanks / Like
    LC:

I`m also thinking of ordering the HH Shopping MF towels. The deal just seems too incredible to pass up.

Couple of questions. Are all of the HHS towels Euroshine brand? I remember in another thread you described them as 70/30 and for some reason I thought Euroshines were 80/20. Second, the 16 x 16`s you say are like suede, are those the thicker "sports" terry towels or the regular? Thanks.
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Just double checked they all have the euroshine label and all are 70/30 blend.

The regular mf towel is close to the suede weight (I didn`t order the sport ones).

I am happy with the 18x36s for drying.

The MF sponges are great, plush and tall for easy holding. Will definitly be getting more of those.

For QD`g and polish/wax removal I will be sticking with the neatitems and rightlook. I know I would like Yosteve`s towel as well, economics drives the decision between the three currently.

What else?

LC

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.

I picked up the microfiber.org towels from costco today to use for dusting, windows, etc.

From HH Shopping I ordered the bath towels (for drying), the "sport" towels (hopefully, for buffing), various mitts (maybe for wheels and the lower coated panels) and a few sponges. I`ll let you know how the mitts and thick towels work out.
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Look forward to your review. Have you seen the thread on product reiviews for HHshopping.com?

Post Thanks / Like

2009 Ferrari F-430 Scuderia Correction

Just completed, the vehicle needed some work after being driven like a sportscar is supposed to be driven........hard.

The finish was in sad shape as Mario and his brothers in Marenello decided to let another Scud go out the door without a finish worthy of the price tag. This particular Ferrari had VERY hard paint, and it fought me a little but time was what was required and my new client wanted the best as the car will be entirely wrapped @ Premier this next week.

With this color(red) it was difficult to capture some of the problems with my new camera, so I used my old one and a few of the pics showed the defects but not as much as I would have liked.

The beginning........ outside pics as the car was dropped off.

Holograms.

Marring.

More buffer trails.

Some deep RIDS, later in the correction I would find X marks that had to be vandalism(which should carry the death penalty to deface this automotive beauty) which were sanded out(thank god).

The biggest challenge would come from touching up the chips on the front of the car(over 100 chips were touched up).

A little fallout was present as well.

One of the numerous parts of the car with factory sand scratches not compounded out...........(my shocked face at this development ).

Dry & scratchy.

Marred front bumper.

After first hit with the wool pad.

More factory sand scratch lovelyness.......

Compounded and levelled away.

Making headway, all in the total job would be just shy of 43 hours spent.

Challenge grill looking clear & glossy=tightness.

O.E badge removed, Premier will re-install as they are doing a full body wrap.

Aggressive compounding did smooth out some of the orange peel.

Post Thanks / Like

Scud Correction Cont...

Polycarbonate engine cover needed some work, carbon truss bars needed to removed to get entire area.

Looking good.

Finish is popping now, just before paint touch up step.

Start of a very long touch up procedure(late night action Saturday night 11:30 PM).

The white primer not showing through any longer.

As there would be no LSP due to the impending wrap I spent extra time fine polishing the finish.

Clarity showing with the engine showing thru on the engine cover window.

Marring on the carbon door shells.

The carbon weave coming thru.

Working the seat shells, as they were marred pretty good.

These two pics show the marring pretty well.

After.

SUN PIC TIME

Post Thanks / Like

Scud Correction Cont...

Brought back inside for interior pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Scud Correction Cont..

Engine pic.

Over to Premier, the sun came out a little better so here are a few more pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW Bob!!!

You do some amazing work.:hurray: It is a shame that cars like this come out of the factory like this. I understand that these cars are meant to be driven hard, and as a result they will get some defects. All I can say is thank god there are detailers with your talent to bring cars like this back from the dead.

Great job.:thumbup:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information