Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some very light scratches on my side window and was wondering if there is any difference between Zaino and Griots polish. If you run your hand over the scratches you can`t feel them so I dont think it will be to hard to get them out. Which one of the two would be better or do they both work good??

LW

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is an excellent glass polish. Will get off most water spots and leave a nice smooth surface. It will NOT take out scratches! I have some very fine wiper scratches that you can`t feel, and several passes with Zaino glass polish with a PC did absolutely nothing for the scratches. I think that Eastwood kit might work, but I have as yet to try since most of my glass problems are with small chips which are probably unrepairable with polishing. I have seen some resin repair stuff for glass but hear it is very expensive and when you have hundreds of chips...well, the only fix will be a hammer....

H

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, its beond repair. The next best thing is the easwood kit. The zaino and griots are more fore wiper marks and water spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    The scratches are very light and CANNOT be felt..The Zaino polish says that it is for scratches but Griots doesn`t

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Lone Wolf--

I have asked questions regarding glass polishes a couple of times and the general consensus is that Zaino is the best glass polish most members have tried, and "the Eastwood kit" has been mentioned a few times as well.

If you can clearly see the marks on your glass, whether you can feel them or not, they may not be removable. If they obstruct your vision in any way (doubt it on side windows) insurance may pay to replace them but keep in mind your premiums may go up..

Post Thanks / Like
    puterbum...I think Ill give the Zaino a try and if it doesn`t work I can live with it..It is on the side window and the scratches can only be seen at certain angles

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool! Let us know how it goes for sure, I`d be very interested to hear it! Do you have those teensy tiny little pinpoint-sized flecks in your windshield you can only see when the light catches them just right? If so, let me know how it does on those!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino GP will not remove scratches. But it`s a real bulldog when it comes to waterspots.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Griots glass polish is excellent. I`ve used it and really love the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Street Dreams Detail - Carbon Black M3 back for more Gloss

E46 M3 in for a complete detail minus paint correction. This car got full correction earlier this year and since then the owner has done a tremendous job keeping the car swirl free using a proper 2 bucket wash method and quality microfiber towels.

I always tell my customers the first detail is the most extensive and from there on out (with proper care) only light maintenance is needed, this car is proof of that :thumb:

The goal this time around was to prep the car and get it well protected for winter. I apologize for the lack of step by step pictures in this writeup, with more cars coming and going I dont always have the time to document each step or even get a writeup together at all.

Started with the CSL wheels using Sonax applied to the wheel dry and let it sit for 10 minutes, I get to work cleaning when the gel turns BLOOD RED, not just pink. After rinsing tar spots were removed using Tardis and the tires and wheel wells were degreased and scrubbed clean of old dressing.

Car beading nicely in the rain...

Car was gently clayed using Sonus green clay and then 4 or so IPA wipedowns were done to make sure all prior protection was full stripped.

Quick check under the LED, almost zero swirls on the finish, time for protection.

Applying Menzerna powerlock by machine, first of 2 coats

Glass coating applied to windshield and left to cure

Several hours after powerlock I applied Collinite 915 wax, first coat on day one and second coat the following morning. Wheels treated with Rejex for protection

915 is one of only a couple waxes that I own, it looks really nice but it is an absolute pain to apply properly without caking up. This wax cures hard and relatively fast but its durability is outstanding hence why I used it. Oh and wear gloves when applying this stuff unless you want your palms to bead water... this isnt me being sarcastic, it actually happens :shakehead:

All cured and ready to be removed

The interior is kept in great shape just a light cleaning of the leather followed by conditioning plus all plastics trim and carpet were tidied up. End result a very matte natural look, just what I like.

All exterior plastic trim, tires, wheel wells, exhaust etc. was dressed and cleaned as needed.

Some finished shots outside

Close up of the carbon black

Back inside for the final wipedown using distilled water.

Refection off hood

Thanks for looking :wizard:
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Dave :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave -- I was thinking about using Collinite Marque D`Elegance on my cars for winter protection. Since you said that it is a pain to apply, would you please provide a few tricks/tips to make the job a little easier? Thanks.

BTW -- the Bimmer looks FANTASTIC!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by theisab View Post
    Dave -- I was thinking about using Collinite Marque D`Elegance on my cars for winter protection. Since you said that it is a pain to apply, would you please provide a few tricks/tips to make the job a little easier? Thanks.

BTW -- the Bimmer looks FANTASTIC!!!!
    First off after some smeary experiences I wont use this wax on a non metallic black car or a car with a very soft (easily mar`ed) clear. On my own non metallic black car I had some smearing issues so I learned the hard way, and that was with several different methods of appication.

Use a wax applicator and apply THIN even coats in a circular motion, short quick circles I find work nicely with this wax as the back and fourth for me did not get as thin or even on the spread.

Rick (rickrack) told me a while back to do the car 1/3 at a time with 915 and so far that works best I find as you dont want to let it cure for longer than 10-12minutes per panel. So do the 2 front fenders and hood, wait and buff off before moving on to your next sections.

For buffing off I always prefer a smooth short nap microfiber, the monster fluffer type towels are not a good idea because they can get grabby.

After you apply to the whole car give it a few hours to set up and for a final wipedown use some distilled water in a sprayer bottle like you would any QD and wipe down the finish panel by panel to make sure any residue or smearing is removed.

Oh, and please wear gloves ancing Dot:
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dave. I was going to use this on a Flame Red Dodge Dakota and a Light Khaki Grand Cherokee. Any issues with these colors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great David! I sure like that car.......:wink:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information