Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got to finish it.... but no sunlight, and it was already night time. And the rain just wouldn`t let up, but I got her done. Enjoy!

[ nuke proof tire dressing. Meguiar`s APC @ 4:1, wouldn`t touch it. ARO @ full strength was making some headway. Didn`t look too bad, but it was blotchy in some areas]

[ Driver-side quarter-panel. There was a prior repair to which the finish had excessive orange peel, and didn`t blend well with the rest of the paint. This will be addressed further on.]

[ Meguiar`s APC @ 4:1, let dwell for a minute or two, then rinsed via pressure washer. Putting up a fight!]

[ Putting the EZ-Detail brush to work.]

[ Clay Magic aggressive clay. There was a rough feeling like sand on the paint in many areas, overspray? This was after working a small area]

[ Some RIDS I was able to capture]

[ I was able to capture some nice pictures after correcting the hood when the sun came out.]

[ Another shot of the hood. Look at the flake coming out...]

[ A photo of the trunk lid after correction.]

[ Some RIDS I was able to capture in the driver-side quarter panel, as I mentioned I would address earlier.]

[ Some swirls I was able to capture on the rear door in front of the quarter panel in reference.]

[ Another photo of more defects in the aforementioned quarter panel.]

[ Some sanding marks left in the quarter panel.]

[ Best picture I was able to secure of the orange-peel I mentioned earlier.]

[ Time to get to work. Wetsanded the quarter panel with 2500 UNIGrit paper. Most of the car had paint reading from 3.2 mils to 5. This repainted panel had from 5-7mils. ]

[ Another photo of the sanded area, a little further toward the rear. I paid attention not to sand that body line and break through the clear.]

[ Here is a photo after some compounding of the panel to remove the sanding marks. This photo depicts some sanding marks left which are visible to the left of the light source. These were removing with continued compounding prior to final polishing.]

[ Another angle. It`s gettin` there ]

[ Some photos after pressure rinsing the car from the compounding dust, etc... ]

[ Some finished photos. Topped the G with BFWD. Looks nice, even though there is no sun ancing Dot:]

[ Off to her stable she goes... :Car smiley:]

Michalski Detailing, LLC | Serving Columbia, SC and surrounding areas

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go....looks great!!!
    David Strum
    Charlotte, NC

Finance during the week, finishes on the weekends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work Chris :blacksmith:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    Way to go....looks great!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Very nice work Chris :blacksmith:
    Thanks Guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good, buddy. Now get yourself, and your camera, ready for this weekend! :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all your hard work Chris! The car still looks great. I have reviewed your "after the detail" email with all the products you recommended from ProperAutoCare.com and I`ll be placing an order shortly since the G could use a wash!

The wife told me to bring it to the local wash but I told her I could never bring my car there because of the products they use and lord forbid swirl marks..haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by itguysc View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work Chris! The car still looks great. I have reviewed your "after the detail" email with all the products you recommended from ProperAutoCare.com and I`ll be placing an order shortly since the G could use a wash!

The wife told me to bring it to the local wash but I told her I could never bring my car there because of the products they use and lord forbid swirl marks..haha
    Thanks Chris! Knowledge is power... and less swirl marks :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information