Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What can I tell my wife why I need MF`s? I have been using 100% USA cotton towels exclusively ( feel safer because of the plushness ). I presently use Zaino products.

What are the advantages?

I am ready to order -- need reasons , best brand and best source.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great couple of questions

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them for cleaning around the house. You can use them to wipe various surfaces (countertops, shower, refrigerator door). They really do work well.

Also, as an aside, the MF lens towels that you can get at camera shops are the best product ever made for cleaning eyeglasses.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    A MF can do whatever a 100% cotton towel can do, only better!
    Picture a 100% cotton towel that`s equipped with a turbo. Thats MF.

To good sources for MF: WWW.NEATITEMS.COM and WWW.TOPOFTHELINE.COM

TBone

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, TBone

Anymore wife convincing reasons? :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    They`re BETTER! In a lot of ways.

I use the plush ones on the outside of my car, and boy are they great. The crummy ones from Autozone I use to dust dashes, and they pick up and hold dust better than any rag. then I bring the dirty junk rags inside and dust my TV and computer. Then I was them.

Get the mint ones from neatitems.com... I love those ones. Buy your wife a hair turban. Or bath towel.

Josiah

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    YOU`LL LOVE IT: If you`ve never used a micro fiber towel before you`re in for a pleasant surprise. You will also realize that you will be so fond of it that you will want more I know I did.

FOR CARS` EXTERIORS: For drying cars I recommend you use two towels: one to get the big water spots and the other to finish to a streak free shine. Add some quickdetailer to your final wipe and it`ll prevent streaks and waterspots. It also depends on your car`s finish. I have so much wax on my car that it beads up so much that I am able to completely dry my car with one MT by frequently wringing the towel. On my sister`s car (which is 5 years old), when I used an MT on her front windshield she had thought I used Rain-x because when it rained the water beaded from the towel buffing. I never new this (because my window is always clean, hehe), it makes that much of a difference.

FOR CARS` INTERIORS: It works wonders for the inside or your car. If you have any dust on this inside it will pick it right up. I do this sometimes at stop lights (some people really wonder what I`m doing). It won`t scratch your instrument panel screen. It will make your rearview mirror shine streak free used dry or with a little "breath". The inside widows will also remain streak free (you can sprits a little water if there is gunk or whatever). If you have any chrome or wood trim, it will polish those right up too. And best of all no lint.

PERSONAL: Some people use them for hair or bath towels. One guy said he used it backpacking in Europe as his bath towel; so small and easy to carry yet very effective. I imagine if you`re a swimmer it would be handy at the pool.

AT YOUR DESK: I also keep one by my computer. I invested so much money on that thing that I wipe it and the screen down constantly. I save one side for the screen and the other for all the plastic parts. It works well. You can also use it on your reading glasses, CD ROMs, and anything else that`s glass or plastic that needs dusting or polishing with out scratching.

HOUSEWORK: Of course you can use it for housework like dusting, mirrors, dishes, spills, carpet spills, and windows. You can attach it to a cloth holder like those "disposable dusting cloths" that are weak and dust floors and other flat surfaces. There are so many uses around the house.

This is truly a special and unique product, it is recommended you save it for finishing work and save the initial dirty work for cheaper products.

GIFTS: I have give them to some of my friends to try out. Many people like to take care of their cars. They make great stocking stuffers (put in a plastic bag first)

Keep in mind that microfiber varies from seller to sell, there is a big difference in a good quality towel compared to a "cheap" one. Many may settle but some of the swirls on the faceplate of my sony HU came from cheaper towels. I no longer make that mistake.

HTH - Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    MF is simply the best towel out there IMO, but becareful of the cheap ones. The scratches they produce are much more noticable compared to high-quality microfiber or cotton towels. And this is what a "cheap" one did to my wood

Oh, and check out the What Causes Scratches thread. Everything marrs a certain amount... its just how much you can allow.

Post Thanks / Like
    YoSteve.com also has some MF towels and they are pretty good price too. I have not tried one yet, but I have heard they are very plush.

Josiah

Post Thanks / Like
    Besides....why do you have to convince the wife ? Who wears the pants in your house????? LOL Take charge and lead with authority!!!

TBone

Post Thanks / Like
    its bad enough we put those kinda lights on the outside paint...but pls dont take away my fantasy of how nice my interior is....pls dont use those lights on the inside...you are a sadist....now your gonna make me go out and do that too... ........im with Tbone...get as many as u want dood...your da man....of course ive only been married for 5 mths...so im still delusional about who runs things.... .......BTW...with a tag like Tbone...its hard not to be tough

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehehe... those are pretty bright lights. It was the flash from the Mavica + a flashlight.

Sometimes, things are best left un-noticed.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no need to YOU to get MF towels for Christmas. However, if you want to be slick, you will buy your wife a couple. Then after she realizes the value of them (and she will), you will have free will to buy them without explanation. This way you get to ask for a Playstation2 or Xbox for Christmas...and get your MF towels later..hehe...

Post Thanks / Like
    TBone is my dogs name. Can`t use my real name, then my wife will know I`m mess`n around on the puter and she has strict rules about me on the puter....Oh sh*t...here she comes now....gotta go doods. later.

TBone

Post Thanks / Like
    .........cool dood...see how fast they can change...woman....first the detailing is cute...nice hobby....they like it.then....lookout....they get crazy and hate it.............

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information