Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After following this group for a couple of weeks, I finally took the plunge and bought my detail equipment from a couple of different web sites. From YoSteve`s web site I bought:

5 MF towels
    2 mini MF towels
    2 Klasse trial packs

What I received was everything above except the two mini MF towels. Instead he included a note saying he ran out of the min MF towels and he was substituting MF sponge applicators in their place. :up :up :up

<strong class=`bbc`>MF Sponge Applicators:[/b]
    I have yet to see any posts/comments on these. I must say that out of all the detailing products I ordered, these applicators were by far the most pleasant surprise. Once again YoSteve thanks for running out of those mini MF towels. I used three of these applicators for three different products. The products were 303, Satin Tire Shine and Klasse AIO. Between the MF cloth outside and just the right squishiness sponge on the inside, the products went on with total ease. The sponge kept the excess product absorbed until needed and the softness of the sponge made it easy to get the product into tight fitting areas. I believe that I used far less product with these applicators then I would have using anything else due to the fact that they do a great job of keeping the product in until you need it and do an even better job letting out the product only when needed.

<strong class=`bbc`>MF Towels[/b]
    What can I say except these things are amazing. This is the first time I have used MF towels and I am sure this explains the majority of my pleasure with these towels. YoSteve’s towels are very soft, seem to be very strong and are lint free. For the price they are an exceptional value. I’ll be buying more in the future

<strong class=`bbc`>Klasse Trial Kit[/b]
    Not much to say here in regards to the trial packs. They came as described and made the most sense to me. Why buy a huge jug of something when you only plan on using a couple ounces every six months. It is nice to have the applicators included as well. I have two cars I want to use this product on, so I bought two kits.

My order was part of the backlog that was sent out on Saturday. I received my package Tuesday night when I got home. Talk about a great delivery time. It was also nice to receive an e-mail letting me know the product was going out. Not only would I buy from him again, but I will be buying from him in the near future. Keep up the great work!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with this review for sure! I ordered 3 Microfiber towels and the Klasse mini-kit from YoSteve.com and received the shipped product just a few days later! That was quite a surprise as I have usually found that online orders take forever to get in.

I tried the Microfiber Applicator with Klasse AIO and found it worked quite well with this product, cleaning away whatever the Klasse loosened up (not much after PPCL, but still some). Great applicator.

I love the little bottles of Klasse! Those bottles are so incredibly useful! Not only is the font correct and the labels are neat, but the size of the bottle is perfect for measuring how much product you use.

Quality Microfiber Towels...these things are the greatest! I have tried others, including "the other online towels" and like these the best! No lint, plush, LOTS AND LOTS of fibers per inch, good serged edges. I also hear we may be getting even higher quality towels soon...

Overall, my experience with YoSteve.com was a very pleasurable one. He was quick to answer the annoyingly detailed questions I had for him regarding his products and I certainly love the prices!!

:bounce

puterbum

PS: Darn it, now that I started thinking about all of this I feel the uncontrollable urge to go order more!! BRB

Post Thanks / Like
    he has become a close persoanl friend of mine and therefore i will be expoecting my shipment of Xmas towels etc. from him(at no $ from me) soon....dont worry steve i know shipping at the holidays is rough....as long as i get them by New years`......:p

towels kikass....mf applicator great for 303 on interior...nuff said.he is da man!!!!!!!!!!!:up

Post Thanks / Like

1936 Ford Sedan Convertible, by Rasky`s Auto Deailing

This 1936 ford sedan convertible belongs to a friend?s grandfather who was looking to get it detailed prior to running it at a local auction. I forget the exact details on this vehicle but I believe he said his grandfather has owned it for 19 years now and it was fully restored about 13 years ago. The owner is now in his 80?s and unfortunately getting in and out of the vehicle is no longer an easy task, which was why he decided to sell. Having climbed in and out of it a few times to move it around I can see where he is coming from.

Prior to seeing the car the owner was looking to get a full detail with a 1-step correction. However, once the car was delivered to me it was clear that far more work was going to be needed on the exterior. The interior was actually in mint condition and only required a quick wipe down with 1Z Premium Cockpit Cleaner and a light vacuum. Because of this I suggested we focus the budget on the exterior of the vehicle instead.

There was an overcast sky the day it was dropped off and at first glance the paint looked to be in great condition.

Once we had it in the garage and I busted out the halogen lamps and the Brinkmann Dual Xenon, the defects could clearly be seen. I pointed out some areas to the owner which would require multiple correction steps and he agreed it would be best to fix them. The 1-step correction we were originally hoping for was clearly not going to be enough to get this car looking the way it needed to be.

Cob webbing/swirls

Nothing like 13yr old wet sanding marks!

Very deep scratches down both sides. Not knowing exactly how much paint I had to work with I suggested that we not push it too far as we didn?t want to risk a strike through. A few of the scratches didn?t come out all the way but those that remained were hard to see and it was still a major improvement.

Front fender

Rear fender

This car also posed a few challenges in that many areas had to be hand buffed as they were inaccessible to my various polishers. Mike Phillips had warned me these cars were a lot of work and he wasn?t kidding!

I removed the plates and the spare tire for better access with a buffer.

Cleaning the convertible top with Ragtopp cleaner and a brush

Louvers and other hard to reach areas were carefully washed using various brushes.

After trying a few test spots I decided on the following correction process:
    1. Meguiar?s M105 via Makita rotary with maroon Solo wool pad was used on about 80% of the car for the severe defect removal (1200-1500rpms)
    2. Meguiar?s M105 via PCXP with orange LC pad (Speed 6)
    3. Meguiar?s M205 via PCXP with white LC pad (Speed 6)
    4. Menzerna PO85RD via rotary with blue LC pad, (900-1800-900rpm)

*Hand polishing was done with M105 and M105 using MF and foam applicators*

50/50 (steps 1-3)

Section complete

3? wool was also used on some tight areas

All chrome was polished using Optimum metal polish

Prior to giving the car a wash and starting my final jewelling step with PO85RD, I wanted to take some quick pics and make sure there were no missed areas or buffer trails.

Once the polishing on the car was complete I gave it a thorough wash using Chemical Guys Citrus wash n? Clear mixed at paint prep ration. Next it was time to apply the icing on the cake?Souveran!

Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    And now for the finished pics!

Reinstalling the spare tire was kind of a pain and you really had to be careful putting the cover on!

Engine wash touched up with P21S TAW and then dressed using Chemical Guys Fade to Black

Louvers were a real paint to polish by hand but I felt there was a noticeable improvement.

Scratches all gone?.well most of them anyway.

Love the hood ornaments on old cars!

All loaded up heading for the auction. I?m told the car brought $49,500.

As always, thank you for taking the time to view my work,

Rasky
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chad,
    That car is a classic beauty. I am glad it landed in the hands of someone who could bring the beauty back to the way it should look.
    Great job!!!!!!:clap::notworthy::drool5:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Simply awesome. :clap:

I did a `32 Ford Roadster, so I know what a pain that hood and front fender area is. ut: Lots of curves and tight spots.

Nice work Rasky.

Randy
    This space for rent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chad I would have you go to town on my car any day, your results never fail to impress. Outstanding work... again! The Ford looks incredible my friend :clap:
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Chad,
    That car is a classic beauty. I am glad it landed in the hands of someone who could bring the beauty back to the way it should look.
    Great job!!!!!!:clap::notworthy::drool5:
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy View Post
    Simply awesome. :clap:

I did a `32 Ford Roadster, so I know what a pain that hood and front fender area is. ut: Lots of curves and tight spots.

Nice work Rasky.

Randy
    Thanks Randy! Yeah, the hood and fender sucked! Made me never want to polish by hand again!

You post the `32 you did? I`ll have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    Chad I would have you go to town on my car any day, your results never fail to impress. Outstanding work... again! The Ford looks incredible my friend :clap:
    Thanks David! I take that as quite the compliment! ancing Dot:
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply gorgeous car........!

Fine job Rasky..........(as per usual)

That paint looks dripping wet. Cool color for an old car.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Director Very nice work Chad. You are truly a master at your craft :-B

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, how did I missed this one? always great to you work Chad. I notice the owners vehicles are the same color.............:thumbup:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just :drool5:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
    Simply gorgeous car........!

Fine job Rasky..........(as per usual)

That paint looks dripping wet. Cool color for an old car.........
    Thanks Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Director Very nice work Chad. You are truly a master at your craft :-B
    Thanks Flash! :soldier:

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Hey, how did I missed this one? always great to you work Chad. I notice the owners vehicles are the same color.............:thumbup:
    Thanks Angelo! It`s a great looking color so I can see why he likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    That is just :drool5:
    Thanks Grungy!
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Another American classic restored to perfection! That thing is friggin` gorgeous!!! Nice work Rasky!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information