Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

This message was posted earlier within the ( Member pictures ) and one advised me to post it here ( Thanks very much ).

The message is :

I have a PC 7424, and a complete product line of Meguiars and still can not achieve half what you did.!! especially the swirl marks and smears on the paint.

Also, how to remove the residue ( very important ) because every product I apply from Meguiars ( except #26) will stick to the paint and can not be removed.

Please, tell me the procedure, step by step and in details ( if possible).

I have a camry 2000 dark green.

Then after that,

First, I would like to tell you that I`ve seen many websites about detailing, including the manufacturers websites. I have a book also about detailing ( the author is Don Taylor). I read a lot from you and this forum.

But the one problem facing me is how to get rid of the residue. For instance, if you apply the gold class swirl remover by hand or a pc , how will you apply it and remove it in both cases. They all tell you it is so easy but it is not.

At the end, I`m thinking to buy one accessory kit for the pc listed within ( properautocare website) because I did not try it before. I think it will solve the problem of residue ( I mean the Viper Microfiber Bonnet

Any help, you are welcomed.

Thanks,

Jameel

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people here use a quick detailer (QD) like Meguiars #40 to remove dried or hazy residue.

I use Meguiars red bottle QD to remove the residue left by the 3M Finesse It II after application with the PC. I tried fruitlessly with a towel, but tried the Qd trick and it came off easy.

As for Klasse SG, I apply it thin enough so with a few buffs with a cototn towel, the residue is removed. a little spritz of distilled water may help out. As for Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion, the dried residue is a little harder to remove but again, some water may help.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar -

I am a Meguiar`s fan too - but I am not having this trouble. I think you may be applying too much material? With the PC, a little goes a long way.

Also, you may not be spending enough time - polishes, cleaners and glazes seem to work best if you apply them with slowly decreasing pressure and continue to work them until they are quite thin and hazed out. This leaves very little to remove, at which point an Ultimate Wipe towel with a little Final Inspection (or other microfiber towel and detail spray) works great.

I just answered another fellow`s question about "how to apply 3M SMR with a PC" - you might want to read that post for more description about PC technique. It is http://autopia-carport.com/forum/sho...&threadid=4141

Finally, I am by no means a master - just telling you what works for me. There are lots of guys here with much more experience. I know they`ll chime in.

/GH

Post Thanks / Like
    So, you are suggesting for example putting about 3 cm along on the polishing pad with pc for the quarter of the roof, and begin by 4-5 speed. Then and before it dries up, I lower the speed and pressure of the pc until there is less residue to remove.

By the way, I use AutoGlym Super Resin Polish ( my favorite product ever used) to polish and remove the residue. Is that good??

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use about 4 pea-sized drops on the pad, or a single drop the size of a quarter. Don`t change the motor speed - 4-5 is fine for everything. Just start with firm pressure and stay firm until the stuff starts to haze/dry. This does the serious polishing but if you stop now you`ll end up with a hazy finish. Continue by reducing pressure until most of the residue is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Meguiar`s as well and swear by #2 Fine-cut cleaner and #1 if need be. One thing I do is to use very small amounts for the area being treated, and NOT to let the product dry on the surface, as per the directions state. I use a Viper MF towel to buff off the section and have had no trouble with residue.

Also, if your using #2 or #1, they are really ment for use with a rotary buffer not a orbital buffer. There is not enough heat build up, per customer support at Meguiar`s 800 line. It`s suggested that you use "Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner" for an orbital buffer.

Just my 2 cents worth, as there has been very good things already posted in this thread! Just don`t get frustrated, your headed in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Dakota and Black Fire Wet Diamonds

I had obtained a bottle of Black Fire Wet Diamonds in the suggestion contest last month. I finally got a chance to use it this weekend. I did a garage rinseless wash (DP`s turn this time).

It was easy on / easy off. I did the whole truck, let it haze, and the wiped off since it was cool outside.

It does not have much of the plastic look that some say some sealants provide. Very glossy. Good product.:thumbup:

The truck was repainted several years ago. They did a decent job but not as glossy as the factory but it had not had clear coat failure either.

The garage shot was shot at ISO 1600 (no post processing), wide open (f3.5) @ 1/25 sec. The truck barely fits lengthwise in the garage. The hood shot does not appear in focus but the windshield wipers apparently are..oh well.

Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great; probably one of the cleanest Dakotas out there, every one I see is trashed.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice looking truck. How many coats of WD did you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work Al, your Dakota is a fine truck. :thumbup:
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Al, looks great from your picture. Nice n shiny!:clap:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job, love BWD

Post Thanks / Like
    I only did one coat.

I had glossed it up last fall with PO85RD. If you look closely at the side mirrors, I am doing a side by side test of Black Wow and PB`s Trim Restorer.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good Al, glad you joined the BFWD fan club!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Al. The finish looks very rich :money:

Thanks for posting your review :notworthy:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information