Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07 Black Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    What is so special about these towels? What does everyone use them for...just drying?? Where do I get them?

A lot of questions.....I know.....
    2002 VW GTI 337 Edition

"Saturday nights we get together behind the Dairy Twist and check out cars. Maybe you`d like to come?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mainly for drying and removing stuff like Klasse, Zanio, Wax.

I also use a white section of a towel to wash, I think the dirt shows up better, you can rinse it out better and you can rinse more dirt out of it.

They are good for drying because they can hold so much. People like them for removing stuff because they are really soft and it`s a little swirl resistent.

However, they do cost quite a bit for some people and you may say to yourself that you can get a few good cotton towels for the price of one of these so you really need to justify the cost to youurself. Most of the spending done from people on this fourm is overkill but no one minds because they rather spend a little extra money to be safe than sorry. It`s all up to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joed1228 <-----100% correct!

Buying Fieldcrest towels (RV or Charismas) removes some of the guesswork involved in making sure they are soft, high-quality, 100% cotton, & made in the USA. Any soft, good quality, 100% cotton towel will work just fine.

You can get them from their discount online outlet store. I think the Charisma selects are the best, then the Charismas, then the Royal Velvets.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do RV compare to CMA Koala towels

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer the Koalas for buffing. They are nice and soft, they don`t work very well for drying...at least in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by banzaitoyota [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>How do RV compare to CMA Koala towels [/b]</blockquote>
    I have one of the Koala towels that came with my Pinnacle Paste Glaz kit. The Koala towel sucks, it`s not very soft, after 1 washing the threads are falling out, it`s just bad news- don`t waste your time and money on one. The Charisma towels are MUCH better and so are the Microfiber towels form Neatitems.com and yosteve.com. No comparison, the Koala towel is to Charisma and Microfiber, as a fast food burger is to a filet mignon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, I`ve used the same Koala for about two months now (about 5 washings). Still feels new.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gues maybe there was a bad batch of KOALAS at one time.

INTERMEZZO please describe to me the KOALA towel. I have read the CMA site but the pictures are too small for my crappy eyes to see any detail. CAn you post a good pic?

Post Thanks / Like
    They are about 15 x 25 in size. They just feel like regular cotton towels with serged ends, a generous nap, and their loops aren`t twisted. IMO, they retain their softness just a tad better than RV`s. The only thing I don`t like about them is that they are colored and so I can`t wash them with the rest of my Charisma`s. But I guess it shouldn`t matter if my white Charismas turn pink.

In all honesty, I wouldn`t buy them. I only have a bunch because I bought several Pinnacle kits. You can get similarly sized serged Charisma`s (softer than RV`s) from your local Zaino distributor at a cheaper price (4.50 each).

Wish I could photograph mine, but I don`t have a digitable camera.

rad21, I know what you are saying regarding the threads coming loose. They do fray a bit, but the serged towels I got from my local Z distributor fray just as much.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo330I [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>They are about 15 x 25 in size. They just feel like regular cotton towels with serged ends, a generous nap, and their loops aren`t twisted. IMO, they retain their softness just a tad better than RV`s. The only thing I don`t like about them is that they are colored and so I can`t wash them with the rest of my Charisma`s. But I guess it shouldn`t matter if my white Charismas turn pink.

In all honesty, I wouldn`t buy them. I only have a bunch because I bought several Pinnacle kits. You can get similarly sized serged Charisma`s (softer than RV`s) from your local Zaino distributor at a cheaper price (4.50 each).

rad21, I know what you are saying regarding the threads coming loose. They do fray a bit, but the serged towels I got from my local Z distributor fray just as much. [/b]</blockquote>
    Intermezzo330I,
    Maybe mine are from the bad batch. After one washing, I compared it to a Charisma after one washing. The Charisma is softer and visibly is in much better condition. The Koala has threads coming out from the main area of the towel.My Miracle Towels and Viper Towels, 2 each, also were the bad batches, they always leave lint.
    After trial and error, (and some wasted money) I now have some great towels from neatitems (non linting, plush and suede MF`s) and Charisma (soft and durable) 100% cotton. :up

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    other stuff like bird bombs removal...wheels...etc...its usally an expensive towel for such crappy work....but i only get them when they`re on sale..like right now...$5.99 for the vath RV`s....if your interested.....

http://www.strouds.com/bath-towels.html...........also..if you mention in the comments section of the order form that you got the stroud`s newsletter(whoopeee!)...you get another 20% off!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought some at Sam`s Club the other day for $5 or $6.

Post Thanks / Like
    www.Fieldcrestoutlet.com has very low prices AND right now they have a sale going on, on top of the already low prices (buy irregulars).

The RVs are OK, but if you can some how squeeze out the money, go with the Charima Selects. Now, they cost about double, but, heck, towels last a long time, so the "per month cost" is not that high. At least get the regular Charismas. I don`t like the RVs, I think they are too harsh and not overly thick (plush). The Charisma and particularly the Selects, are very plush and soft and remain pretty soft and plush over time.

If you have the money, top of the line Canning Vale (from Macy`s) are the best I have found. About $30 a towel. Platinum at Bloomingdales is second.

Of course, MF has many uses and is superior to cotton for many things, such as window cleaning, removing stuff, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information