Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Boogers on Joe Tori`s head liner. That was hands down the grossest car I ever did (including suicide and senior **** cars)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I remember this thread back in 2001 when I was lurking!!!

Back then products like those found in the Doc Johnson catalog was controversial... but now....... they just seem so common... nobody giggles or blushes over it anymore. The attitude towards these things has changed a lot in the past nine years or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll giggle

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost a 9 year old thread!! I don`t work on nasty cars and I never find anything weird.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCKlasse
    Once found a quite lovely young lady`s naughty photos stuck between the seat and the center console

Found similar photos in a topless club owner`s car.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    use to work at a body shop who had accounts for mercedes bmw etc.. while doing a mercedes i was cleaning around the rear seat and found a small baggy of crystal meth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baker999
    It might be more hassle than what it`s worth to you guys, but my brother is a cop. They also have to worry about sticking their hands in nasty places and getting poked or cut. There are special gloves out there that they use. They are thin like driving gloves but things like needles and knives won`t go through them without some serious work.
    `

Getting a pair today, I`ve never realized up until I read this thread, I get cut on almost every car I clean. It`s just my luck though.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about crappy toilet paper...and yes, it`s one of those things you just have to ask about. Well, aparently the customer had to go to the bathroom real bad, so she pulled off to the side of the road, went and wiped herself....not wanting to litter (LOL), she threw it on the floor in the back and apparently it blew under the seat and she forgot about it.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a client that I clean 6 cars a month for. found a condom in his 22 year old son`s car. Not used, but I put it in a place he would know I found it...lol. Funny, he acts strange when I come clean the cars now.

Always find money...i put it in the center console. I also tell the customer.

Never found a sex toy...but that would be interesting.
    It is not worth doing unless you do it right

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found a bag of weed, a wedding ring, and a rotten bannana in a glove compartment.

When I was in training someone found a handgun under a seat that was used in a murder, we called the cops because we have to anytime we find a weapon that isnt enclosed in a case such as a hunting shotgun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found rolling papers underneath the drivers seat, and a tiny bit of old crumbled up green plant material (which I obviously assumed was pot) in the crevices of the center console in a Porsche 944. The car had been just put back on the road after 6 years of storage, so I figured the client probably just forgot about it after so many years or never realized it was there. He is one of the nicest guys I know and a very responsible/wealthy individual, so I never mentioned it to him. :werd:

I also found a few Hydrocodone tables in the crevices of the rear seat of a college kids Civic, a few I vac`d up by accident and the rest I just threw in a bag with the rest of his belongings. Never brought it up with him either, although I`m sure he knows I found them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked at the local hack shack while in university, and have found lots of the usual; condoms, weapons, cash, sex toys, lingerie etc. Not much would phase me these days. The most significant find was in a Mercedes, underneath the drivers seat were two saran wrapped blocks of $100`s all neatly wrapped in bank ties. How the customer forgot about it I`ll never know. He was ecstatic I had found it though, and I received a more than adequate tip for my work (covered my rent for the month :lol).
    :cool1: Summer is here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Survey Says,

Money

Drugs,

Sex stuff

And most digusting items that someone just forgot about.

My story, My old ram,, I took my lunch to work in a tupperware container one nite and didn`t take it in with me, I wasn`t feeling that well so I skipped lunch. That morning I ended up giving a coworker a ride home in a hurry I just threw everything a sweatshirt/newspaper and my lunch packet on the back seat. Didn`t think of it. and being winter time it didn`t go bad just yet.

Well that May In the nice hot weather that bad boy busted open and the stench couldve gagged a maggot. OMG It took me weeks with the windows open and baking soda to air it out.

Post Thanks / Like

ultimate paint coating - making the single stage paint protection by KC`s

How do you gauge a person is car crazy or not?
    Answer
    1. Spend his time looking at his ride more than anyone else

2. Clean her more than any other chores at home

3. Willingly spend his fortune on lavished her, time & effort worth everything

4. Called his ride by name

I share something of my passion to many & of which this one particularly captivated my heart & soul of detailing

remember this familiar ride.... 21 years of oxidized paint that was doomed for repainting even professional body shop says is beyond detailing correction

my 1st attempts (12 months ago)
    pic after after 1st correctional detail

she is known as my Nissan 2face

Car detailer: Nissan Sunny AKA two face

some may prefer this original look

I may not have the luxury looking ride or paint but it has been always my passion to detail & to maintained what I have restores.

My paint on one side of the car is 21 years old of age & another restores last year & regularly maintained by bi monthly waxes & 6 months polish, as it is a non clear coated car (AKA single stage paint). Constantly facing the aging issue

A good classic examples?would be?our house gates & grills?living in the tropics....paint get oxidized prematurely by heat & acid rain & yearly painting required, it turn dulls & oxidized

The solution?a double stage paint was created to protect this aging process?.clear coat paint??I may not have the luxury again to repaint my car?..but fortunate to have a special coating flown in special from US manufacture?.AKA Alien coating

This is my thesis done?.studying on my own

Paint defect correction?etched marked caused by prolong neglected birds dropping

spot wet sanded for testing

paint etched by this acidic droppings threat & wet sanded to level up & compound off

Ta da

wet sanded the rest of the 50% of my entire car

Wet sanded the affected area to bring out the defect, 1500 grits sand paper used, followed by 2000 grits sand paper

"Wet sanding" refers to sanding with specially designed sandpaper wrapped around a skinny sponge with water running on the sanding area to clean away paint/primer from the area you are sanding.

"Block sanding" means putting a hard flat structure behind sand paper... use paint paddlesticks or small blocks of wood.

sanding mark removed by compound & I choose M 105 for it aggressiveness & nos 12 cut in precision cutting scale

a prefect 50/50 % comparison picture?to show the 21 years old paint which was oxidized & another side that was corrected

pics before wet sanded

after wet sanded down by 1500 grit sand paper & followed by 2000 grit sand paper

perfectly & evenly sanded down??

The sanding mark was removed by Megs # 105 with S/side wool pad , followed by Lake country Cutting pad with M# 105 & Polish by Megs 80 with Lake country Polishing pad

Another 50/50 comparison pic after sanding mark removed

there is some visible deep scratches is too deep to be removed?..as this car was terribly
    neglected for 21 years & paint was just left there to be oxidized. There are countless area where deep scratches inflicted by scotch bright dishes scrub, some are more severe as it seems, it has been brushes over metal bristle brushes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++
    4 months later

Intervention plan?to maintained this Single coated paint, with minimal effort

ONR No rinse Wash prior Claying (aggressive clay) & lube with ONR

To removed paint imperfection before coating my single stage paint

M#105 with Wool by rotary

Followed by M# 105 with Lake country CCS

Optimum Polish with LC polishing pad
    After pics

tada

prefect stage

Apparently, this coating was design to with stand all harshness of weather & environmental threat. Counted my blessing to be able to attained this & having this extra ordinary water beaded results

Pay attention to the blue tape mark area

tape prior coating, it is an area that I coat without any corrections

Pics after coated applied

look at the 21 years old & oxidized paint

300 watt Halogen lamp is no feat even in penetrating thru ?.dead paint?dull & matt

admiring the gloss at the corrected coated side ( on the engine bonnet area only)

tada pics

the car was left to cure for 48 hours?.while we went for an outting

3 days later some sun light pics

some beading pics after some sunny drops
    Live life to its fullness

Post Thanks / Like

part 2 : ultimate paint coating - making the single stage paint protection by KC`s

the next day ??.midst

the roof part, Optimum ONR effect, water beading

a week later

prefect water beading pics?that I personally have not seen in my entire life?..look at the semi circle shaped water that?s beads up because of the surface tensioned

8 days later

Another morning midst & after over night rain pics

[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_RsduO4BD4FA/TA8htjoc0_I/AAAAAAAAI5s/JjxVMCvfj9k

2 months later?another prefect moments again?rain drop on 2face

the protected side has better water beading & the neglected side water splattered?horizontally

another unbelieving water beading picture, that I never seen on any single stage paint

look at the clarity of the paint , remains even after 60 days

67 days later
    extremely close up pics

look at the prefect 50/50pics

alien eggs???

extreme close up pics

extreme close up pics

extreme close up pics

what would have happen if i just believe LUCK (what others says about me) ...& it ran out....

in my conclusion.....there is 2 type of detailer here :-

the 1st type - one who is constantly giving out his personal ideal of detailing (IMHO, IMO. MO) such as beg to defer kinda opinion

the other ...who`s ...........SHOW ME YOUR WORK detailer...the only thing they do is explores & have a personal encounters & not just another read some where or pick along the way......who says what kinda experience

My life is never the same since detailing came into me.......as life is just like a box of chocolate ...u never know what it will comes out to be

always expect the unexpected

as all it takes is a little patience & plenty of passion

stay tuned for more....his friend called joker
    Live life to its fullness

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information