Post Thanks / Like
    New member from va.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I`m a new member who has been lurking for a couple of months. Very informative forum. I wish I had discovered earlier and alleviated some common detailing errors. I was a Mequires professional products user for over 10 years but recently changed to Zaino. I understand the carnuba users description that the shine has a buttery or more warm appearance. At first with the Zaino (Z1, Z2,& Z6)( 7 coats) I was amazed by the glossiness on my black finish but disappointed with the warmth of the appearance. Spoke to Sal and he mentioned to try the Z5. After 7 coats of Z2/Z6 I applied the Z5 last night and WOW. I now have the Zaino awesome gloss and the carnuba softness. It appears the fine swirl marks were creating a distorted optics decreasing the depthness of the finish. Has anyone else tried using several coats of Z2/Z6 prior to using the Z5? It was amazing how one coat of Z5 increased the depthness and gave me the Carnuba-like warmth without the unevenness I used to get after detailing. I can not waiting to apply several more coats of the Z5.

Does anyone with a Zaino`d car use other QD products besides Z6? Better results or easier availability? Any Zaino distributors in the southern Va or northern NC area?

Thanks again for allowing me to join this wonderful forum. I`m here to learn. So I will be asking many questions and lurking other inquiries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey blkZ28 welcome to the group! A man with two black cars yeah you`re going to love this forum. Can`t help you any with the Zaino questions as I haven`t tried them yet. Look forward to your future participation and some pictures if you can swing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Z5 seemed to give a different look on lighter cars than Z2. On dark cars I find it very hard to tell the difference between Z2 and Z5. I think it is great that you finally found the look you were seeking. Did you use Z6 in between coats? Also, did you use Z1 before the Z5 coat? You have a lot of coats of zaino on that car....it must look spectacular!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Detailking and Shortcut. It is not quite where I want it to be but after adding the Z5 to the regimen I can see my goals are in reach. I did use a second Z1 after the 5th coat of Z2 and will probably use Z1 between every 5-7 coats of Z2/Z5. Do you think that will be okay? I also use Z6 between every coat. I normally let the Z2/Z5 cure for at least 24 hrs and than Z6 and then another Z2/Z5 within the next 36 - 48 hrs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, because I have also noticed that finishing up with a coat or two of Z5 really makes a difference. It goes against the Zaino instructions on their web site, but it does work. I am still amazed at how good the vette looks with 4xZ2 and 2xZ5. I always use the Z6 before the next coat but I wait at least 12 hours (usually longer) before using any Z6 on a fresh coat. This seems to give me better results also. You correctly noted that after a few coats of Z2 there will be micro-marring that the Z5 really does a good job on. In my opinion, this is what Z5 is for. It won`t do much for swirls in paint though.
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cybercowby, you`re right on. I`ve also found that the Z-5 Swirl Remover really doesn`t help too much with swirls. You need to use numerous coats of this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have since layered 3 more coats of Z5 , 1 coat of Z2/Z5 combo, and topped with Z2 alone. Z6 between coats. Now the car looks awesome even in bright sunshine. The black is extremely black. The sheen is even unlike a carnuba. But best of all it now has that richness,depth and warmth of a carnuba wax but glossier. :Thanks Sal for creating such a great product. Z5 is a must for black cars!!!

:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    One more thing. I`ve noticed that after a few coats of the Z-5 that it DID darken the color a bit of my car. So I guess I`ll stick to the Z-2. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Z5 darkening a black cars , as Martha Stewart would say ,"is a GOOD THING".

The blacker the berry ( car ) the sweeter the shine!!!

Post Thanks / Like

BRAND new SUZUKI swif paint defect (private detailing lesson by KC)

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS - before you visit malaysia

Climate?
    The climate of Malaysia is hot and humid throughout the year, the highest SPF Sun block is recommended, Temperature ranging from 21?C (70?F) to about 35?C (95?F). Occasional rain during the period between Oct~Feb helps to bring down the temperature & usually last than an hour. Humidity between 75% and 100%!

Clothing?
    Light clothing is recommended, golf cap, sunglasses & umbrella will reduce the heat of the day.

It was another hot afternoon, 32 degrees Celsius , humid & stuffy day

This is a brand new Suzuki Swift sport, fully import from Japan, which delivered to my friend. Good looking little ride. But later we discover a can of hidden worms ? paint defect on a new ride, paint transfers?..more & more

I got to know him, through one of my public detailing session & he contacted me to him detail her.

Upon meeting up & viewing the car at night, without much street light....only with my little torch light, i discover patches of paint ..on the front engine hood. almost covered 1/3 of the right hood, only found out after his 1st wash & without realizing during the delivery time, he already complaint to the car sales man (of this defects) & he actually drove this to Megs detailing centre (they even did some wet sanding to demo to the owner) but not complete restore
    what happen was ...the hood was repainted that quaterly & the car sales claims that it was some overspray......OVER SPRAY WHAT????? some paint flew from the car besides???? make no sense

so last sunday, he came over to my place & since another forumer called me ( i invited him along & gave both some private detailing lesson)

Car Detailing Lesson Guide
    1. Washing
    2. Cleaning ? claying
    3. Correction ? paint defects, (removing swirls, water stains, over sprayed paints & minor scratches) Rotary hands on
    4. Polishing - to restore the gloss
    5. Protecting ? opti sealing, wax

obvious paint defects with some underlining issue

patches of stains only on the repainted area

side wallls

rear bonnet stains...on this bright bumper bee

after wash, defects seems to be clearer

Before wash ? look carefully on the scratches, lines & stains

Agitate with Optimum power clean 50/50 % comparison area , as u can see the upper hood is sprayed and showing cleaner than the bottom hood

Agitating with Power clean - most fine scratches & stain disappear but??????.not completely gone lesser effects

Although- most fine scratches & stain disappear but??????.
    After wash look good but it resurfaces again

birthday cake - every body got a share

clay time is a happy time

Once this is wash, I showed both of them how to clay. I went to check out the windows & glasses, discover a lot of water stains, knowing my friend constant going out station & extensive traveling, I decided to correct the windows

Remember the paint defects, 1/3 of the hood was resprayed before & the car salesman denied, where another detailing centre wet sanded on it?.to my amazement, I discover that defect areas has stains & scratches too?.

while both of them claying. I went to check out the windows & glasses, discover a lot of water stains, knowing my friend constant going out station & extensive traveling, I decided to correct the windows

Simple test, use a damp cloth & wipe over, if it leave a film of stains & has no clarity?it will definite stains your vision while particularly driving in the rain & at night. Taping off all windows rubber seals & plastic trims ?
    Took some pics before & after

50/50 area set

50/50

ta da

moving to front left windows

Menu for the day
    Cleaning - hosing down with water , deep cleaning with Optimum Power clean, safe for clear coat.
    Claying ?2 ounces of ONR optimum no rinse wash with 500ml water, as lube
    ONR wash again with 1 microfibes towel ? dry by 2 cloths,

Glass cleaning ? heavy water marks stain on all Glass polish (with rotary spread with speed 1 on single side wool & continue to polish gradually speed progression & eventually finish at speed 6 Makita)

Paint defects/overspray corrections ? Megs M105 with Lake country CCS cutting pad (with rotary spread with speed 1 & moving to speed 3-4)

Polishing with Megs 205 (with Lake country CCS cutting pad (with rotary spread with speed 1 & moving to speed 3-2)

Protectant - Opti seal ? sealed the whole car, including paint, plastic & rubber trims ?
    NXT 2.0 ( as the owner choice) - Uqd

Pain defect ? over sprayed & wet sanded before pics
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    over sprayed pics

after corrections

this is the evident that prove .....its kept a long time & uncover....look inbetween the paint the hood & inside the engine bay

more differential pics

more heart sick pics

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Live life to its fullness

Post Thanks / Like

part 2

pics under hood

more more evidence

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    now the real issue........... over sprayed vs resprayed???? pics...

see t the imperfection of the paint

from a new CBU car??????

let me asked you would you pay for this???? agreed to go home with this condition from the delivery??

pics before corrections

pics after corrections

more at the centre hood...resprayed defects

a 50/50 % area set

50/50 % pics

50/50 % pics

50/50 % pics

__________________________________ the deeper issue ______________________________________

_______________________________ WHAT DID YOU JUST OBSERVED??? its a single stage PAINT_______
    there is paint transference.....on the PAD & micro fibers

50/50 % pics

after

after ta da pics

look at the clarity of the paint on the hood

ma ma mia

definitions sated

Now hands on time - lesson cont with handling the rotary & polishing
    showed them how to hold the rotary
    product use for each process
    drawing the line of polish
    spread the product - progressing in Rotary

thats is fun

yeah they enjoy themself

another 50/50 % pics side left front panel

another 50/50 % pics side left front panel

a frame before & after corrections pics

remember the petrol scratches

after

look at the paint transfered on the towels

its a sad thing....as its so much harder to maintained a single stage paint than CC

but the depth & glow is excellent

i did suggested maybe
    it should get it coated...since i have got some from US

Truly it has been another great detailing day out for us , we had many questions asked & answered. Discovered many things along the way especially?.the can of worns never expected to find on a brand new imported car ? the single stage paint

Everyone was so intense & panic upon discovery, angry & yet peaceful

Marking over fellowship & detailing ship a meaningful ones

Thanks for viewing

Post Thanks / Like
    that`s some love for a lovin little ride!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work KC!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Great work KC!!!!
    thanks buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by juliom2 View Post
    that`s some love for a lovin little ride!!
    thanks for yr kind words

Thread Information