Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay here`s some stuff that I would like to see (I`m sure I`ll think of more tomorrow).

- The ABC system in consumer friendly sizes, not necessarily samples but car wash sizes. Maybe a consumer kit (ron? )

- Maybe a car wash (besides ABC) that strips Klasse, safely, without residue.

- A tire dressing that I can live with.

- 3M come out with a Swirl Removing Kit, that has a few different types of abrasives and polishes to safely remove swirls.

- A chemical swirl mark remover.

- Industrial size foam dispencer

- Klasse sold in stores.

- An inexpesive way to measure clearcoat film thickness.

- A good leather conditioner that is especially formulated for finished leather than can be used often.

Santa? :p

Okay your turn. (let`s not be too obvious )
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Frankly said, I would like to see a scratch-resistant clear coat. This would solve all our problems

Deckard

Post Thanks / Like
    It will be much more "mar" resistant than present 1k, 1k Plus or 2k clears, it will resist "etching" by enviormental pollutants way beyond the present clear technology.

However, it will still mar.

The down side is that all the products you have been acustomed to will be history. These products you have been using , well, it will hardly touch it. We have developed a new system of compounds, polishes, etc that will address this, but no plans to make it available in consumer packaging.

That is up to others, all they have to do is have the money and the room to inventory.

As far as AI ever packaging the ABC or any other of our OEM tested and approved products under our ValuGard label, don`t hold your breath.

Not economically feasible.

The cost of the packaging, alone, based upon "consumer" sales, is not attractive.

We would be happy to package it under private label, as we do for Ford, Chyrsler, etc , what ever the name one wishes on it, if the order is for 100 cases minimum.

Any one wish to do that?

Ketch

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ron,

is there any hope that we may get Valugard products here in Germany in the near future ?

Deckard

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

I agree with you on the ABC stuff. I wish they would make it in smaller sizes, that way it would be cheaper. I really want to try it, but almost $60 is kind of steep.

I would like OEM wheels to be coated with something so that brake dust does not stick. (A Klasse or Zaino type product, but more permenant)

A way to fix scratches and chips without having to wet sand.

A synthetic drying towel that does not leave a thin film of water behind.

I would like local store to supply foam pads, it`s a joke...nobody can find them locally.

A Rain-X type product that does not streak, smear, or haze and its available at local stores.

Plus, I agree with all of Steves, and Deckards idea of harder clearcoats. So we have quite a list already.

Thats just a few, I am sure I can think of some others later.

Post Thanks / Like
    steve put it up on your site...itll go like wildfire....i would like some standard to be attatched to the label"microfiber` that makes it easier to differentiate between all of them without having to shell out the cash first(with a percent # on the label that points to how much it will lint...hey...did you see the new MF towels...they`re #2%...awesome.......love the #M kit idea...it couldhave a smaller size of the SMR..FI-II/III and some sand paper to boot...so you domt have to have a huge bottle that lasts for a yr...and another that is gone after a few mths...zaino sold in stores.. ....a PC with an alarm on it...it starts sounding a very loud horn when you get too close to eating all your paint away down to the bone....beep...beep...instead of the sound heard now....OH SHI...!!a 1 step car wash(not dawn.. )...that will get it all off....with 1 wash and a little elbow grease... ......and finally...a car paint that can take a ding or 2 without caving in 1/2 cm or without chiiping the paint.....or they could just go back to the old huge cadillac fenders...they could stop a mack truck and not get a scratch....BTW...when exactly did the car makers decide nobody liked bumpers/fenders...so we`ll make it all high grade plastic/fiberglass to aid all the repair shop guys so they can buy mansions.....:bounce..............

pps...

steve...you are the king of everchanging sigs.............

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you looking for in a tire dressing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like a truly spot-free carwash soap. All carwashes, even the better ones, inevitably leave water spots behind. I always have to QD to remove the spots after washing. On my Jeep, this takes 10 minutes or so, and I need to use a ladder to reach the roof.

I would also like a carwash that contains carnuba wax. This would not be a substitute for a paste wax; rather, it would enhance the durability of a normal coat of paste wax by leaving small amounts of wax behind after washing.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to find all of the quality detailing products in a local store. When I want something I like to just go get it so that I can use it right away. I was one of the first to order the $40 Souveran and I`m still waiting for it. Actually I shouldn`t complain too much because my local independent autoparts store carries: <ul class=`bbc`>[*] Klasse AIO & SG[*] 303 Aerospace Protectant[*] Meguiar`s full line of professional and retail products[*] Viper MF applicators and Cloths[*] Mother`s Clay Bar kit[*] Stoner`s Invisible Glass[/list]
    I also have an auto paint supply store nearby that has a huge selection of 3M and Meguiar`s products.

Post Thanks / Like
    - Have the funds to open up my detail shop/supply house/car wash.

- Get the same level of knowledge that Ron K. Has (Hence my tagline "Ketch in Training."

Post Thanks / Like
    ketch in training....why dont u chnage your name to ><>or something else...like the other prince did.. ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Naaah, I like the 6 recognizable symbols that comprise my name.

Post Thanks / Like
    ABC is $60 bucks but thats for three gallons of quality chemicals. Also, you need 16oz of A for each wash so packaging it in a small 16oz bottle would only last once. The B and C are another story though.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...just think of the possibilities.

After a skuff repair, recover the whole panel...

I know its impossible, and filled w/ many flaws but what if...

Post Thanks / Like
    Self healing clear coat. I read an article not long ago in Popular Science about self healing plastics. Apparently they emulsify little bubbles of resin and catalyst within the plastic. When there is a break or in this case a scratch, the resin would fill the void and then cure. This might actually be possible to do.....

H

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information