Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    thats a good one dood.....didnt mean to "pick " on u with your SUV`s....i dont know how much u drive....but i was posting about my experiences....as for the broad strokes....as a good young american i have to speak/write in broad generalities....its my patriotic duty.... ...especially as a New Yorker......

plus.....being in Arizona maybe the driving areas are a little more open....and i could imagine getting an SUV if i lived there......but in this city...it is utterly ridiculous....and totally unnecessary......ub tlike i said....i still want one...

Post Thanks / Like
    My comments weren`t meant to bag on all SUV drivers or all female drivers. I was very specific. I was bagging on the female drivers in SUVs that think they are the only ones on the road. If your wife isn`t one of them then I take my hat off to her. Bravo! Tell her to keep it up. But you know the kind I am talking about. In AZ I don`t think you have to deal with it on the same level as I do here in Salt Lake. Everyone and their dog has an SUV so it is just more common here to see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, there are a lot of Mormon Assault Vehicles here as well. I would bet that 75% of the households have either a Suburban or an Excursion. Most of the rest have a mini Van. I live on a residential street, with speed humps, that the police regularly shoot Radar on. The cops are always amazed at how many Women that they catch going to the school and then coming home again. Usually 4-5 a day that they are shooting. It is insane, and most don`t know how to drive that size of vehicle.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just hate it when parents in minivans with their kids tailgate me. I go faster and they speed up! Great!, i`m thinking their kids are going to tailgate mine one day, WTF, it`s a minivan and you`re supposed to be showing an example.

Post Thanks / Like
    :p.........very good.....i always get crazy when i see someone with kids in their car driving insanely.....always in a rush ....safety last....that makes me pissed... :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    God, I had no idea that so many people despised SUV drivers. While it certainly doesn`t apply to all drivers of these vehicles, its hard to argue with the general perception that they`ve earned. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, been away from the forum for about a week and I get to come back to this.....the ritual SUV bashing and other blatant generalizations. Not sure where to start.... "We`re Here", I drive my Tahoe in the left lane...whats your point? I`ve also been known to wear a baseball hat...still not sure of your point. I have also never gotten a ticket or been in an accident that was my fault in the 12 years I have been driving (....probably just jinxed myself but worth it to make a point). I could keep going but I would ask everyone to think before they write. Sweeping generalizations are always bad news and in poor taste. By the way, I`d proudly and confidently put my Klassed out Tahoe next to any car on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey airball, at least you didn`t get it as bad as i did. i have a volvo, an exolorer and a full size truck. and here is a pic of my reflection in the side of my truck, wearing a you know what...

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could remember the site but I saw a 12 second ET minivan do a run once. Couldn`t believe it. I need to find it. I earned a new respect for the vehicle after that. If a minivan can get times faster than mine then they deserve some respect. But I think that most SUVs and mini vans are more like 20second cars so they need to be driven that way. When an Excursion passes me when I am going 90 already it just scares me. It scares me when civics do it too but they don`t weigh 5 times what I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    whats with the comparing "speed`of vehicles on here....like anyone in their right mind....civic....maxima...and god forbid a huge excursion or tahoe should be going 90 anywhere....generalizations are what life is about...it stinks but its reality....you can try to curb it but we all do it in every aspect of life....from cars to peoples appearances product results...etc.....i dont have anything specific against SUV drivers....my mom has a new tahoe....she drives carefully...but i tell you....shes definitely more aggressive than when she had her camry.....and when i drove it....once....1 w/e....being that far above everyone else....and driving it on highways/streets that were never....never....never,,,designed to hold that kind of weight/vehicle....i went from feelings of nervousness....to power.....so maybe its like was said....not the car...its the driver....but i really feel that when u drive something that big....a truck....whether legally or not its considered a truck(and thats a whole other discussion...how these vehicles are not classified as trucks)...you get a feeling of invincibility..........

ps...yes i liked to drive it...................

snake...great pic...i wish i had some type of metal on my car...besides the chrome wheels....that shine is awesome...

Post Thanks / Like
    hey floni, thanks. i`d just finished shining up my truck and i was able to catch that shot.

talking about crazy drivers... i was just coming home on a 45mph boulevard and all of the sudden here comes a lexus is300 with 5 teenage girls in it. they were switching lanes like crazy doing well over 70mph. when i saw them i thought "now there`s a wreck looking for a place to happen".

Post Thanks / Like
    anybody that says you shouldn`t be going 90 mph anywhere has obviously never been on the freeways in Dallas. 80 mph is old lady speed. If you aren`t going 90 then you are being run over and that is the truth.

There is a big difference in how cars are built. Mine will handle just fine at 90 in an emergency. Sure it isn`t the safest speed in the world but it is a lot safer than 120. A huge SUV at 90 is a battering ram.

I don`t know why people have to get so defensive. All I was saying is that people that aren`t paying attention when they drive are dangerous. I never said that all SUV drivers were psycho or all woman drivers were putting on make up. I was making a specific case of a dangerous driver in a vehicle that requires more attention to driving than other vehicles. This board isn`t for arguing about stuff like this. I love your SUVs. Keep em clean and shiney and you can drive however the hell you want to. peace brothers!

Post Thanks / Like
    honest...i dont know how much worse any highway can be than in NY....but you saying 90 is better than 120 is a pisser....i mean im laughing....not at you but that im only 31 yrs old but i feel like i must be 60... i drive about 3-400 miles a day ...all over NY,NJ,CT and PA.....and you can bet i gotta get places fast.(as a visitng nurse)..i mean...i go about 65 in the left lane...someone else comes up fast in my rearview...i get outta their way....granted...on a hardly driven pasrt of a big interstate...like I84 that goes into CT....the speed limit is 65...so i go 75.....i agree that the dangers are mostly with people who change lanes alot...not driving straight.....but there`s nothing like a truck going 90...riding up your butt....when your doing 75 in a 65....i mean...ill take a civic doing that anyday...i fell like they are in my backseat.....anyway...i see the points beins made and if people started talking about maxima drivers i would post similar opinions as to what has been....i just think that only by the laws of physics...is a huge heavy object alot more dangerous going fast than a lighter one....no matter how good you drive...the dangers are always worse with a bigger car/truck.....i just think that baring the more experienced drivers that are on this site....maybe people who buy a bigger truc/suv could take a safety course dealing specifically with facts like its gonna take an expedition about 2-300ft to stop going 40....forget about 90,,,,,but then again anytime the govm`t gets involved it always turns to crap....

ps...after i posted that last one i went over to my moms to take a spin....man those Tahoes are nice....im just jealous...

the crazy ones i have around here are mostly modified civics...integras..and older prelude types....mostly younger latino car club guys....with that freakin double/quadruple sized exhaust....sounds like and old go-cart i used to have even when thay just put it into 1st gear...

Post Thanks / Like
    In this world there a lot of stereotypes. Period.

Crazy soccer moms in SUVs or Minivans? Yep, we hear it often. But according to research, women are actually safer drivers then men!

Snobby “Beamer†drivers? Ricey wanna-be Type R, VTEC, or Si teenage drivers? Slow moving Cadillac or Oldsmobile senior citizens?

Lets face it, there are different types of drivers in every car. And even though we don`t want to admit it...

<em class=`bbc`>(you autopians can continue this...)[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    ever go to those point reduction programs...defensive driving thignys....well...the one i went to...the first thing the guy did was ask us all....who here thinks they are not a good driver....and not a damn person raised there hands...including me....then we all laughed because obviously most of us there were trying to reduce points on our license...not just lower our insurance.....that was funny

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information