Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    You know the type of seal that collects all the lint from your cotton products?

A little sponge paint brush, use it on the lint that collect on the seal...you can use it either wet or dry, pulls the lint right off, with minimal pressure applied, one swipe usually gets it all. Cheap too.

Post Thanks / Like
    My BMW has "felt" type seals that attract lint from towels. I try to only use the absorber in that area, but sometimes some cotton lint sticks in that seal. I have been wetting my fingers and running them over the area and it seems to pick it all out of the seal. I will try your method....

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow ripsnort, another use for the product I have sitting in my glove compartment already. I use them to get the dust out of my air vents and around the hard to reach dash and console areas. I also use it to apply my favorite stuff (Black Magic Semi-gloss Dashboard Protectant) for that stuff, foam is the only way to go

Thanks for showing us another ripsnorting good time
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Iv`e had good success using the a damp MF towel on the felt liner around the moonroof on my BMW 325i. 1-2 passes around the felt gets all the lint!

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep a roll of 3M high adhesive masking tape in my trunk with my mobile detailing kit. Comes in very handy to remove lint around the doors of the 330i and also the felt around the sunroof. It also raises the nap of the felt and the carpet like surface around the doors.

Works wonders in doing a quick pick-up of dirt on the floor mats as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    you were right...now i have to get one of those...for the "itty bitty" buttons....and the lint thingy....we are all going out of our minds...i think because we know winter is coming.....start picking out which piece of furniture youll be klassing... ...on those cold nights......and pls...dont follow this post with any hot..west coast guys saying how they can`t remeber what snow looks like....i hate u all:p

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    haha, Floni, what about the hot west coast girlz?

in the winter I wash my car twice a week sucks!

Post Thanks / Like
    besides Holly....i didnt think too many chicks were into the detailing stuff....but i dont know if its in your area...but here in ny...alot of young girls love the really suped up Acuras...Honda Civics...Bimmers...too...and since i started caring for my car more seriously...ive had more gilrs on my blok than guys ask about whatkind of stuff i use.....and if we were allowed to post pics with our faces on it...you would be assured that the only thing they are interested in is the car... ....

this will be my first winter after starting to be really serious about the car care mania....i think ill get my heart broken a few times....all the slush...the infamous...ny"yellow snow"....its not the snow...ya know when it first snows...and your driving around....the wjeels make that little crunching sound....with nice fresh snow...its quiet at night....but then it starts to melt...and mush...and get everywhere...and then u realize all the "other" places you could have put the 303..or other protectants...but for now....no rain in a while...so ill enjoy the fall weather......man..im on a rant fest tonite.....

Post Thanks / Like

Original Single Stage Lacquer - 61 YEARS OLD!

This is a pretty amazing truck. (It`s older than most of us here!)ancing Dot: Probably the most original, unmolested survivor I`ve ever seen.

Born in 1949 and virtually every part is original and untouched. It was "barned" most of it`s life and has only 15,000 miles on it! Unbelievable! 61 years old! :clap:

This truck is owned by the son of the original owner. The belts, hoses, battery and tires have been replaced. But..... All the originals of that equipment is in a box in the garage, even the original tires!

Light oxidation, very dull, single stage lacquer.

PROCESS:

• Wash ONR
    • Clay with Meg`s QuikClay (turned it green!)
    • One step polish with Griot`s RO6/LC orange pad/M205 (the Griot`s polisher is amazing... full review to follow.)
    • Wipe down with Z6 after polishing
    • One coat of BFWD
    • Final Wipedown with Z8
    • Tires got Z16

BEFORE PICS:

The AFTERS:

Some of the Carnage... (the other 15 pads are in the "soak bucket!!!) : I tore up a few pads on those sharp corners.

Thanks for looking guys!!!:cornut:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, that`s so cool... I love trucks like that. Excellent job Bill!:thumbup::notworthy:
    Old single stage paint is fun, isn`t it? The pickup looks good to go for another 61 years!

I learned to drive on my Grandfather`s `49 International pickup, on his farm in Delta, Utah and one of my uncles had a Chevy exactly like the one you just did... it was like a pleasant trip back in time to see that truck.

Thanks for posting!!:smile:
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Bill!

The truck looks great!

How bad did some of your pads get torn? Will you still use them?

I tore up a few pads on some metal trim on a boat I detailed recently, not very fun, LOL.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Where/when did you get that bag?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m diggin` on the pic of the truck with the `Vette`s in background... that`s a classic!

What bag Term`??
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Man, that`s so cool... I love trucks like that. Excellent job Bill!:thumbup::notworthy:
    Old single stage paint is fun, isn`t it? The pickup looks good to go for another 61 years!

I learned to drive on my Grandfather`s `49 International pickup, on his farm in Delta, Utah and one of my uncles had a Chevy exactly like the one you just did... it was like a pleasant trip back in time to see that truck.

Thanks for posting!!:smile:
    Thanks Gary... yeah, definitely fun to work on! Not your every-day minivan!!!:cornut:

Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    Great work Bill!

The truck looks great!

How bad did some of your pads get torn? Will you still use them?

I tore up a few pads on some metal trim on a boat I detailed recently, not very fun, LOL.
    I ripped a couple on that tailgate and another one on the top of the bed-rails.

I`ll clean them, cut off the torn pieces and use them for tire dressing applicators! I tried to use some pads that were already worn because I knew they would take a beating on that old truck!:banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    Where/when did you get that bag?
    It`s a Husky tool bag from Home Depot. My wife bought it for me a couple years ago. (good woman!):wink:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have an old original too and i really dig seeing others. 61 yrs beat my 1971 by a long shot. how did you repair all the broken paint bill, is that where you tore up your pads. that chevy looks sweet after you worked your magic man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information