Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the stuff good?

Does anyone know it`s weak point vs strong points? I see it in stores, I think they have that stuff that cost over 1,000.00 but I never hear of it, why not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most people here dont use Zymol. I feel, like many here, that their products are all marketing hype, and they are very overpriced.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe many of the senior members here think Zymol is a good product but most of them are not worth the money..

IMO paste glaz, souveran, and blitz can give you almost the same if not better and durable shine for less $...

Post Thanks / Like
    Go search Zaino Bros. High quality costly, yet effective. Can be applied in sunlight. Easy to apply!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a big fan of Zymol. Their products are high quality and are excellent when they are applied correctly. The only problems are that the products are pricey and require complex procedures to apply. Because of all the oils, Zymol tends to leave smudge marks or hazing when not done correctly. Zymol is a great product as are other products mentioned on this board. You will never hear Zymol is bad, only pricey. Hope this helps.

T.C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol makes one of the best waxes out there. The hi-end estate glazes only last about 6 weeks on a daily driver but the depth & wet gloss they provide just kills the competition.

Klasse + Zymol Estate Glaze is an unbeatable combo.

FYI here is a special: Buy a new Car and
    get 50% off your next Zymol purchase.
    :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to offend anyone here, but im gonna be blunt, i think zymol is a waste of money and headaches. It promotes all natural waxes, whats so natural about a paint finish, theres a difference between natural and safe. Also, 1000 bucks for a wax that you have to apply with your fingers and is prone to hazing, only to have been worn away after about a week or two, im sory but if i put all of this together, it isnt much even if it contains fine condor`s feet oils or what not. I know its blunt but thats how i feel.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Brad4rdHay [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>fine condor`s feet oils[/b]</blockquote>
    endangered species feet oil on my Passat? now that`s impressive

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people drive Bentley`s because they`re the most expensive. Some people drink Krug`s Clos du Mesnil because it`s the most expensive. Some people wear $350 Bvlgari ties `cause they`re the most expensive. Are these the best? Maybe, maybe not, but they`re the most expensive.

Same with Zymol. You cannot tell me that any Zymol wax is better in any way than a $15 can of Blitz Wax. That`s the bottom line.

I have a $40 jar of Zymol Japon; which is over 5 times more costly than Blitz; and I don`t like the stuff. For one thing, why does it need to be blue? I like the yellow/white natural color of Blitz. The blue Zymol stains my applicators.

I don`t care if my wax is all natural; i`m rubbing it on my car, not my butt.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Autopia 98 beau [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    I don`t care if my wax is all natural; i`m rubbing it on my car, not my butt. [/b]</blockquote>
    Puahahaha! Nor our faces, for that matter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Classic Beau! I told you all, if Beau disagrees with something, he doesn`t hold back. There`s a very good reason why most members here are not fans of Zymol. Its price does not justify the results. I would pick Pinnacle Souveran, Paste Glaze, P21 and even Blitz over most of the Zymol waxes. The shine is nice for a while though. But therein lies part of the problem. It`s a very short while. It`s also too time consuming to apply and needs special attention when applying it. This is where the Pinnacle products remain supreme. Paste Glaze and Souveran are so easy to apply and shine very, very nicely. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    being on this forum past 4 in the AM.

This whole Zymol debate is like my shoes. I have two pairs of shoes to go with my uniform. A pair of leather (Wolverine) ones that take a spit shine will, but takes a few hours to do the pair. The other pair I have is made out of a synthetic material called Poromeric (Bates uniform shoes the father company of Wolverine.) These new Poromeric ones can be easily shined in 2 minutes, a few quick wipes with a damp cloth and a buff cloth.

Blitz is like Poromeric holds a great shine ALMOST forever. The Zymol being my leather ones, holding a great shine, but after one day of wearing them, I gotta spit shine them up again.

Being an Autopian, I strive for perfection. So I spend time on my Poromeric ones too. The surface is like plastic, a very glossy black. So testing around with product, thinking I can always get a new pair, I got a few products to try on it. I clean with Eimann Fabriks Clear Vision (glass cleaner) and a fine cotton buffing cloth, For the occasional scratches I get on them, they can not come out without using a mild abrasive. I use Blue Magic`s metal polish which is more abrasive than the Brasso I usually use. A few passes with BM`s polish, the scratches were almost gone, I settled down and grabbed my Meguiars #7 polish and worked in some polish. I then used Kiwi brand shoe wax in neutral. I put on a coat and let it sit and forst over for 30 minutes. Then I buffed out, wow, very nice. I will try some Souveran on these things on Tuesday.

So this does kinda relate to Zymol Vs. Blitz. The leather shoes need more attention to detail but done right you get a lot of respect. As for the Poromeric I get mine done right and it still stands above the rest of the Poromeric shoes in the battalion but not quite the leather spit shined ones, but I still get respect any how being my uniform is meticulous.

I have incorporated detailing items into my uniform cleanlines routine. As stated, Ef Clear Vision, Blue Magic metal polish, and soon to be Souveran for shoe maintainance. Also MF towels to dust of the smooth wool stuff, Klasse SG sometimes to help maintain my brass after polishing with Brasso/Klasse AIO.

So, I will stop my babbling and get back to my homework.

PS included is a pick of Poromeric type shoes, this is Bates Durashocks, I got the Bates Lites with Durashock insoles

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JasonC8301 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>So, I will stop my babbling and get back to my homework.[/b]</blockquote>
    haha, understatement of the week

I hear zymol`s car wash was good, looked for it couldn`t find it and got PBS instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    something i thought i would never say on the autopia forum: "nice shoes".

hey steve i used some of the zymol wash that i received from mindflux in our trade, it works just fine but kind of has a funny smell. i haven`t really had a chance to test the carbon wax but i do have it nicely refridgerated. i thought about trying it on some crackers but i figured it might turn my teeth blue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out this experiment:
    http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

Seems the cheap Walmart Zymol (Turtle Wax?) is a good value. Too bad they did not have Klasse in the mix.
    2002 ABP @

* debadged 3.2TLType-S and A C U R A

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information