Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One`s Tire Wet is pretty nice as well. I have also used Meguiar`s #40 (Tires look just as good as Endurance Gel), and Vinylex.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was using 303, until I got Z 14. The Zaino stuff seem to last a bit longer. They are both not super glossy though, just nice and matte black. I prefer that to the wet look. Both go on easily with tire swipes.

I have tried Turtle Wax - Tire Wax (not the gel) It`s not a bad product either for a matte finish, but that too doesn`t last as long as Z-14.

H

Post Thanks / Like
    It comes in a spray bottle and says to spray 3 applications on the first application. I just spray on one coat and spread it around with a eagle one tire swipe. I let it sit for an hour or so, then swipe them again. Wait overnight before the car drives off.

The tires were cleaned prior with Ef Hi Intensity full strength and a sponge. All this black and brown stuff came off the tire, yuck.

I let the tires dry, applied the AA like I stated in the first paragraph.

The tires came out if not the same shine as Ef Black Opal, a little less shiny, but still ghetto shiny for me, shinier than Vinylex.

The tires are 2 week old Firestone passenger tires. They are 15 inches, and I do not recall the name of them, but know they are Firestones.

I applied the tire dressing, went home for the week, we had some period of rain, and two weeks later, I inspected the car again. For sure there are water droplets on the car, but had no time to wash it. The next wash is this weekend if it is warm enough. This car is pretty good for the amount of care it is given and the odemeter is pretty high, roughly 57,000+ miles on it, a 99 corolla. The tires, not shiny, but a nice matte look. No browning.

As for Armour All degrading the tires, I do not really care. The tires are changed every 2 years. As soon as that 50,000 mile marker is hit (usually 2 years) the tires are changed. Now I do not use AA on the dash, it gets a nice diet of Vinylex. The dash is not likely to be replaced in the life of this car, that is much longer than 2 years.

So, I am not worried about the tires on this car. Now if it was a garage queen with less than 5,000 miles a year on 50,000 mile tires, then I will worry about the tire dressing. I would use a water base dressing most of the time, except for one car, a BMW 3 series in which I use Meguiars Endurance.

Well, after a few hours of doing paper work for new uniform issues, I am tired, so I will stop my babbling,

Jasom

Post Thanks / Like
    Apply in the sun and let is "bake" in. Looks very

shiny and synthetic, but it works. (For what you want)

Post Thanks / Like
    this has been established for a long time. same company that makes blechey`s tire cleaner. `nuf said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, Beaus right. But as Jason said, if you change the tires often, and like that greasy-shine, I don`t really think it would harm the vehicle.

However, I have experienced great results from one Black Magic product: the semi-gloss Dashboard protectant. It is similar to 303, and when it dries, it leaves a richer color and UV protection... no shine. I think its an excellent product for the money.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    BW, BM on tires really?

It`s been raining for 3 straight days here, and I have beading on my tires that`s been protected by BM, applied 2 weeks ago.

The are nice and black, but I only think it`s becuase the sun isn`t out and it`s cold. I think UV and temperature makes tires brown and this stuff won`t hold up long for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not for the tires, but for the dash. I`ll try it on the tires, 1/3 303, 1/3 Z-16, 1/3 BM. I`ll tell you the results and see if I can snap any good pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett & Jackson: Here I come...

I`m going to have 6 cars I`ve been detailing since December 22nd going to Scottdale Arizona for this coming week Barrett & Jackson show.
    The list of cars is as follows:
    1. 1971 Camaro Z28.
    2. 1968 Mustang Eleanor Clone.
    3. 1956 Ford F100.
    4. 1955 Bel-Air.
    5. 1967 Corvette Stingray.
    6. 1956 Corvette

Preface: first of all, my apologies for the brief description of the process. Believe me I`ve had a nice write-up a few minutes ago, I pushed the wrong key on my keyboard, and bye-bye write up. Now don`t feel like starting over :tongue:

Anyway. There are six cars total. They will be on starting Wednesday. See lot number and day next to the car as I post to see when they`ll be on TV.

All the cars were claybarred, Menzerna Polished using my Flex 3401 buffer and a Tangering pad.
    All of these cars were detailed by me this Summer, with the exception of the Mustang and the 56 Ford F100. So, I lightly polished as needed and full polish/correction on the ones that I felt needed it also

Some of them got 4 star sealant, others got BFWD, and some got Dodo Juice Purple Haze Soft Wax. I will indicate the LSP choice as I go.

All the chrome was polished by hand including trim, and all aluminum polished with my Griots mini buffer 3" orange pad with Flitz as my polish of choice.
    The tires were dressed with 3M Tire Restorer. The interior with 1Z Plastic Cleaner and 1Z Cockpit Premium. Leather interior with Lexol

I forgot to add another important product used in this detail:
    Eimann Fabrik Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. This is what I used to do all carpet and floormats.
    The floormats on the 55 Bel-Air were stained. I vacuumed, then brushed some Eimann Fabrik in, let it sit, and then rinse out with water. I was super happy that the floormats didn`t bleed at all. That`s why they look so nice and they retained the original hue. Now, that`s not to say the Eimann Fabrik got anything to do with it, it may just be the material...

Ok. Here we go again

First off. A 1971 Camaro Z28 -Wednesday Lot # 406.1
    This one got Four Star Sealant

Post Thanks / Like
    Next: A 1968 Mustang Eleanor Clone -Friday Lot # 948-
    This one was topped with BFWD

Post Thanks / Like
    Next: A 1956 502 Ram Jet AChevy powered F100 P/U truck
    This one was topped with Dodo Juice Purple Haze Soft Wax

Next: A 1955 Bel-Air 502 Powered. Five on the floor. -Saturday Lot # 1315.1-
    Dodo Juice on Black finish. BFWD on Silver finish:

Next: A 1965 Corvette Stingray. LS6 Powered -Saturday Lot # 1253.2-
    This one received a coat of BFWD

Next. A 1956 Corvette LS6 powered -Saturday Lot # 1325-
    This one received a nice coat of Dodo Juice Purple Haze Soft Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Miscellaneous pics of the day they were being taken to Arizona last Tuesday:

Post Thanks / Like
    A little humor here...
    I ordered a "sample" of the Dodo Juice Purple Haze Soft Wax.
    Sometimes what you see on the internet can be a little deceiving.
    I`ll explain...
    When I saw the pic of the 30ml Dodo Juice sample, I thought it would be a decent size to use on all the cars I`ve intended to use it on.
    Well, when I received my sample and opened up the box, I laughed my ass off. It was histerical to see the size of the sample I`ve got.
    I was worried I wouldn`t have enough for the 3 cars.
    Luckily, this stuff goes over easy, covers nicely, and I was able to do the whole F100 P/U truck, the `56 Black Corvette and the black section of the `55 Bel-Air.
    See the picture of the size of the tub, and what was left after I use it on the cars mentioned...

Post Thanks / Like
    Real nice work, great writeup. I don`t know what would be more interesting at Barrett-Jackson... the cars or people watching. Some of those guys buying cars have some pretty interesting arm-candy hangin` on `em. :w00t:

You oughta run out there and take your Flex. By the looks of some of the cars under the lights you could stay busy.

TL

TOGWT
    Its rare that you come across someone with an reputation for doing such awesome interior detailing that they can match it with an exterior detail as well. Kudos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information