Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had the Alfa up to about 125mph at the end of the front straight at Willow Springs, and on deserted highways the speedo in the WRX has been past 140 more than once(needle burried into the odometer).

I heard a while back about some country where you could "prepay" your speeding tickets... we should have that here in the US. Pay $1000 at the beginning of the year and speed as much as you want, with no risk of hurting your insurance or driving record. And you should have to take a difficult test and have a capable car to qualify

Maybe get rid of carpool lanes and have Sportscar lanes!
    -Chip

2002 Subaru WRX (World Rally Blue Pearl), 1989 Alfa Romeo Milano (Black)

http://www.fastalfas.com

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 02 t-wrex [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I`ve had the Alfa up to about 125mph at the end of the front straight at Willow Springs, and on deserted highways the speedo in the WRX has been past 140 more than once(needle burried into the odometer).

I heard a while back about some country where you could "prepay" your speeding tickets... we should have that here in the US. Pay $1000 at the beginning of the year and speed as much as you want, with no risk of hurting your insurance or driving record. And you should have to take a difficult test and have a capable car to qualify

Maybe get rid of carpool lanes and have Sportscar lanes! [/b]</blockquote>
    I once heard that Montana did something like that years ago where you could give the trooper $5 and you could go at it. I could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    145 on my Ducati Racing a Speed Yellow Carerra 4s.

Guess who Won?????

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a rumor a few years ago that if you got a speeding ticket you should pay $1.00 extra on the invoive because the DMV did not have the billing function of issuing a credit so your fine would never be processed and points would never show up. Who knows, might have been a rumor started by teh DMV to get more $$$$$$

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had my Porsche up to 165, briefly, on a straight stretch of very lightly travelled freeway.

However - all it takes to go fast is cojones. Speeds like that will kill you if just about anything goes wrong. I have MUCH more fun on the track, where it is significantly safer, and even though top speeds are lower (about 125mph at Laguna Seca) it requires much more <strong class=`bbc`>skill[/b] to get a good lap time on a road course than it does to hold the pedal down in a straight line.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I`ve had my Porsche up to 165, briefly, on a straight stretch of very lightly travelled freeway.

However - all it takes to go fast is cojones. Speeds like that will kill you if just about anything goes wrong. I have MUCH more fun on the track, where it is significantly safer, and even though top speeds are lower (about 125mph at Laguna Seca) it requires much more <strong class=`bbc`>skill[/b] to get a good lap time on a road course than it does to hold the pedal down in a straight line. [/b]</blockquote>
    To me, it seems harder and gives me more of a rush to speed and keep your speed through turns. Making a s turn down a hill and coming back up while not being able to see the turn in front of you is alot more fun than going straight. Don`t get me wrong, aiming the car and launching is alot of fun but it`s something about the turns.

I have a Camaro, I like the straight line in that car... until I get 5,000.00 for the suspension.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, I got up to 130m just shy of the 150 electronically limited..people get surprised when I whoop them in my 300 HP Caddy. 32V 4Cams, V8, FWD!

Gotta love that American Muscle.............
    Get out and Detail your car TODAY!

Wow, I`m surprised the car didn`t pull you onto the shoulder. Damn torque steer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually its not all that bad, only kinda haveta hold on from a dead stop, but otherwise it is just fine.. I just love revvin that Northstar Up, b/c you`ll get some idiot (no offense to anyone) in like these hondas and acuras, toyotas, mtisuis and the like, that just dont expect a caddy to whoop em`. I am waoitng for the spercharger from Caddyinfo and XMS, put me past 400. LOL

A 400hp FWD Eldorado....LOL

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeepers, maybe I should put some street legal tires on a f-16 and cruise the streets. What the heck are you doing racing a caddy hahahaha jeepers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to ride in Class and Style..Not to mention in Burt Force!. I am a Cadillac man. People never think of a Cadillac being fast and all, but I must admit, most people are pretty surpirsed to be blown by a Cadillac. A Cadillac is what you drive it, drive it easy and it is a nice car, drive it hard and it is a BAAAAAADDDDD car! LOL Nothing like a 4 cams and 32 valves revvin up, you should test drive an ETC some day...

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to mention about the 300hp stock...

Originally posted by caddyman

in my 300 HP Caddy. 32V 4Cams, V8, FWD!

Gotta love that American Muscle.............

Yea u mentioned it.

Post Thanks / Like
    fastest i went was 97 in 65 on i-90 in western mass. it was a 97 grand am.

oh yeah i only had a learner`s permit at that time

Post Thanks / Like
    110 in a durango. :scared

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information