Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hit 140 in my Integra. That is about as fast as I`ve ever been. It was on a nice deserted stretch of I-15 going up to Idaho a couple weeks before Christmas. What a rush! Who knew a little car like mine could do that?

I hit 155 in my Z when I had it. That car was awesome at high speeds. It cornered like it was on rails and you were practicly sitting on the ground. If I had all the money in the world I think the first thing I`d do would be to hunt down a 240 Z and make it mine. Damn I miss that car!

My mom`s SVX could hit 140 with no problem. I think the second car I bought would have to be a WRX cuz I`m sure it would take an SVX in a race. We have a member on the board that could probably answer that for us....

Post Thanks / Like
    :up that is a pisser buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only done about 110 or so in my Civic. Scares teh hell out of me

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by emanon [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I have only done about 110 or so in my Civic. Scares teh hell out of me [/b]</blockquote>
    that`s only because you`re in a civic...if you get something a little sportier, and you`ll be right at home doing 110.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by martini [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

that`s only because you`re in a civic...if you get something a little sportier, and you`ll be right at home doing 110. [/b]</blockquote>
    That is what I was talking about in the Traffic School thread. 110 scares him in a civic where I feel right at home in my Integra. If he gets pulled over and I get pulled over then if life was fair he would get a worse ticket. I don`t think that high performance cars should be judged the same as other cars. If a full size van is blowing by people at 110 vs a Porsche at 110 who is being more dangerous? I doubt they will ever change the law but its always sort of bugged me in the back of my mind. It hasn`t bugged me enough to use it as a defence in traffic court though. I don`t think it would help me to add to my defence that I shouldn`t be punished just because my car goes fast. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t laugh....there are often different speed limits posted for cars and trucks. Maybe they should post a seperate limit for BMW`s and Porshe`s, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc etc. Or they could just call it performance rated cars.....

H

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Jngrbrdman [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

That is what I was talking about in the Traffic School thread. 110 scares him in a civic where I feel right at home in my Integra. If he gets pulled over and I get pulled over then if life was fair he would get a worse ticket. I don`t think that high performance cars should be judged the same as other cars. If a full size van is blowing by people at 110 vs a Porsche at 110 who is being more dangerous? I doubt they will ever change the law but its always sort of bugged me in the back of my mind. It hasn`t bugged me enough to use it as a defence in traffic court though. I don`t think it would help me to add to my defence that I shouldn`t be punished just because my car goes fast. lol [/b]</blockquote>
    You know what? I`ve thought about that quite a bit as well. It really isn`t fair. My RX-7 isn`t nearly as dangerous going 100 mph than a ford taurus or dodge durango is. My car can manuever faster around obstacles, and it sure can brake a lot faster. But I think the reason why cops will pick on the sports car if a group of cars are speeding, is because it the most likely to be the "repeat" offender.

But anyways, I think the speeding laws are way messed up in this country. Much in the same way as the drug laws.. But maybe that`s just my Libertarian viewpoint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll tell ya another thing that isn`t geared to fast cars or motorcycles is all of the double yellow no passing zones in CA. We have double yellows on straightaways with good visibility. It`s as if the people making the decision are basing it on a turnip truck passing a manure truck.

Post Thanks / Like

martini

that`s only because you`re in a civic...if you get something a little sportier, and you`ll be right at home doing 110.</blockquote>
    Very true, but considering it makes 100hp per liter NA from the factory along with its enhanced suspension the 2000 Civic Si is no slouch. What scares me are the variables.

Jngrbrdman

That is what I was talking about in the Traffic School thread. 110 scares him in a civic where I feel right at home in my Integra. If he gets pulled over and I get pulled over then if life was fair he would get a worse ticket. I don`t think that high performance cars should be judged the same as other cars. If a full size van is blowing by people at 110 vs a Porsche at 110 who is being more dangerous? I doubt they will ever change the law but its always sort of bugged me in the back of my mind. It hasn`t bugged me enough to use it as a defence in traffic court though. I don`t think it would help me to add to my defence that I shouldn`t be punished just because my car goes fast. lol</blockquote>
    If memory serves your tires are the exact same that are on my car or where when you bought it. Nor do I think your suspension is all that much tighter than in my Si. The B series 1.8 in your car is nice but my 1.6 lets me hang with GSR coupes (and sedans) no prob.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by emanon [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

Very true, but considering it makes 100hp per liter NA from the factory along with its enhanced suspension the 2000 Civic Si is no slouch. What scares me are the variables.
    [/b]</blockquote>
    Oh, I know..I was up at 125-130mph in my friends 99 Si. But that was really pushing it...in other cars (my car included), you can get up to that speed without even noticing.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by FLONI [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>you guys are scary man...me and my little Max just go about 80[/b]</blockquote>
    The fastest I have had the Maxima is 125 which happens to be its limit (VG30DE). Floni`s Max (VQ30DE) is capable of 130-140 easily.
    2002 Maxes (VQ35DE) can hit around 140-145 easily.

Before anyone asks what my items in parentheses are.....

VG30DE: 3.0 liter V6, 12V, 160 hp
    VQ30DE: 3.0 liter V6, 24V, 222 hp
    VQ35DE: 3.5 liter V6, 24V, 255 hp

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my `59 Plymouth Belvedere (in 1973) up to 117. That was with the pedal to the metal on the NY Thruway. Might not sound so swift by todays standards, but cars back then didn`t have the technical marvels that stabilize todays auto`s. Just shocks rockin and rollin all the way. It felt like I was about to take off...and with the wings on the car, it might have if it went any faster!

I had the bimmer at 120 on the Florida Turnpike the other day and it felt like I was doing 60..... I guess the engineers have made some minor adjustments to the suspension....

H

Post Thanks / Like
    it made my whole car shake as it passed me up...........what a friggin kik *** car...it had those retractable headlight covers...i saw it in my rearview coming up.....that bumper looked like it could squash my whole car at 5mph:scared

Post Thanks / Like
    ... on an empty stretch of the Ronald Reagan Grand Prix (FL Tpke) -- then I backed it down. With the windows and top open, it felt pretty "interesting", adrenalin-wise. However, when it`s buttoned up, 80 feels like 30, so next time I`ll plan ahead.

E

Post Thanks / Like

Vehicle: 2002 Maxima SE

Speed: 135 mph

The strange thing is that it felt like it could do more.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information