Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002 Z06
    I always speed and its bad.... The best part is after I go on probation I decide to buy this...

Heh heh, better find some way to enjoy that car at 4/10ths, or start going to the track every weekend One of the main reasons I sold my `vette was that I simply couldn`t enjoy it on the street...plus it was a radar-magnet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Heh heh, better find some way to enjoy that car at 4/10ths, or start going to the track every weekend One of the main reasons I sold my `vette was that I simply couldn`t enjoy it on the street...plus it was a radar-magnet.

The funny thing is my last car was and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 and I got pulled over all the time and it was stock. With this thing it has exhaust (no mufflers), long tubes, cam, lowered, and 5% tint and cops just smile...must be a domestic thing...lol. I also have a good radar and I have learned when and where to go fast. I`ve hit 135mph so far...the car is a rocket!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Once hit 155 with rider on back of CBR900

The best was we had a little cannon ball run with a few friends. Here is the story. I will never ever forget this. It was the coolest thing I ever did. We were going to the race track on a Saturday..Road America, in Elkhart Lake Wisc. We live in the burbs of Chicago. So Friday night there was about five cars. My Integra Type R. with mods, My buddies chipped 2000 S4, S430,MG with Rover V8 with exhaust few extras, Lotus Elise with the real lotus motor. We were goign to meet some other friends that lived about an hour, maybe a little over. It was night, We made it in about 30 minutes. Top speeds were roughly 100-120. Averaged about 70-80.

The next morning(After a night of drinking)!!!(everyone hungover) we headed for the track. So now we have all those cars I mentioned. Added to the mix in the morning, was 2 fully jacked out Mugen S2000`s, also was a mugen nsx. One of the guys before we left said, keep up, if you do I will pay for all tickets unless you get a reckless driving ticket. So this trip would have normally taken 2 hours or so. For any one that nows about ITR`s there limit is 147 top speed. Vtec kicks in at 6.5k rpm. Lets just say it was in top gear(5th) and I was pretty much in Vtech almost the whole time. lol, we were averaging at least 120-130 the whole trip. My top speed was about 145, and not just hitting 145 and slowing down, i mean goign 145 for a while. Not just one car, I mean all 8 awsome cars. I could have just imagined what the people were thinking when they seen 8 sweet *** cars flying by them a tlike 130 mph. By the way no one got pulled over, no accidents. A lot of us have had track time or have actually raced for a living prior to this. So everyone new how to drive. When we got there about a hour later we saw cars we passed long ago just pulling in. It was funny to see that. BTW,It only took us about 50 mintues or so. IT was a fun experience and I am by no means advocating speeding or street racing. this happened years ago. Now I drive a cheap DD, and if anything I drive the speed limit always... maybe 2-3 over. And the funny thing, was sure we could have car pooled, but there was only like 1 person per car, a few cars had two people in them. We just all wanted to drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inov8ter
    Once hit 155 with rider on back of CBR900

The best was we had a little cannon ball run with a few friends. Here is the story. I will never ever forget this. It was the coolest thing I ever did. We were going to the race track on a Saturday..Road America, in Elkhart Lake Wisc. We live in the burbs of Chicago. So Friday night there was about five cars. My Integra Type R. with mods, My buddies chipped 2000 S4, S430,MG with Rover V8 with exhaust few extras, Lotus Elise with the real lotus motor. We were goign to meet some other friends that lived about an hour, maybe a little over. It was night, We made it in about 30 minutes. Top speeds were roughly 100-120. Averaged about 70-80.

The next morning(After a night of drinking)!!!(everyone hungover) we headed for the track. So now we have all those cars I mentioned. Added to the mix in the morning, was 2 fully jacked out Mugen S2000`s, also was a mugen nsx. One of the guys before we left said, keep up, if you do I will pay for all tickets unless you get a reckless driving ticket. So this trip would have normally taken 2 hours or so. For any one that nows about ITR`s there limit is 147 top speed. Vtec kicks in at 6.5k rpm. Lets just say it was in top gear(5th) and I was pretty much in Vtech almost the whole time. lol, we were averaging at least 120-130 the whole trip. My top speed was about 145, and not just hitting 145 and slowing down, i mean goign 145 for a while. Not just one car, I mean all 8 awsome cars. I could have just imagined what the people were thinking when they seen 8 sweet *** cars flying by them a tlike 130 mph. By the way no one got pulled over, no accidents. A lot of us have had track time or have actually raced for a living prior to this. So everyone new how to drive. When we got there about a hour later we saw cars we passed long ago just pulling in. It was funny to see that. BTW,It only took us about 50 mintues or so. IT was a fun experience and I am by no means advocating speeding or street racing. this happened years ago. Now I drive a cheap DD, and if anything I drive the speed limit always... maybe 2-3 over. And the funny thing, was sure we could have car pooled, but there was only like 1 person per car, a few cars had two people in them. We just all wanted to drive.

Vtec:grinno: Sorry I had too :2thumbs:

Just cause you know how to drive that fast on a closed track don`t mean a car can`t merge over without looking and side swipe ya at 145+mph in reality.:dig

Guess just stating to be careful. But since you don`t do it anymore is good. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I did by no means want to make anyone angry. I was just reading these posts and thought I would share is all. Yes it was stupid and reckless. That was then, like you said. And yes, I do not do that anymore. I do not have a fast car anymore..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it needs to be mentioned that, beyond 100 mph, the speedometer is unreliable. Actual speed and that on your odo may vary significantly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to speed, mostly on highways though. I`ve gotten pulled over 3 times for speeding, they let me off every time

Now i don`t speed, because I don`t wanna push my luck LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been pulled over a few times, but only had one ticket. It was on my hayabusa on a deserted back road. 100 in a 55. He was pretty damn cool though, and although he had to do something (quite a bit by the law sadly) he didn`t make a big deal of it since I wasn`t driving recklessly/near any other traffic or residence, and actually chatted with me about our favorite bikes.

For some reason, the Houston police have been very kind. I`ve been pulled over a few times on i-10 for 75-80 in a 65. I`m always very polite and honest, and have yet to receive a ticket. My father on the other hand alwase argues, and in the past received a ticket for 5 over. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hit 108 mph in my `07 Sebring 4-cyl (company car) on a 2-mile long patch of a highway start. Not 1 other car on the road, during the late morning, perfectly dry. She had more in her, but I ran out of road .

For the G, 120...CTs roads are in terrible shape, so in a way, it keeps me safe from driving like a total knucklehead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really into high speed runs, I`m all about going through corners and turns hard and fast. Maybe that`s why I find myself needing alignments so often :p Time for some upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest Hijinx...

100+: 300c SRT-8, Trailblazer SS

90+: Magnum V6

80+: Wife`s Neon

Post Thanks / Like
    215 in a Caddy CTS...once

240 in an S600...once

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiZ
    On the street: 120 in a 40 (the safest, most secluded street in the state)

Highway: 130 in 70.

Speaking of speed, check out this video of a Lambo doing a 190mph fly-by. Keep the audio turned up!

Lambo MURCIELAGO 0 to 190 MPH
    HAHAHA thats Rob!! he now has a gold Murcielago Lp640 that hes hit 205 in.
    Its not called DETAILing for nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kaval
    Not really into high speed runs, I`m all about going through corners and turns hard and fast. Maybe that`s why I find myself needing alignments so often :p Time for some upgrades
    same here, not a lot of places here that are low on traffic so that i can open up-i did 100 on the highway once bc i had just hit a long dead zone in the rush hour traffic-i coulda done way more, but i never downshifted to accelerate, kept in 5th and just nailed it

i`m a short-shifter too, i don`t rev too much past 5k usually, so...

Normal drive: +5-15 depending on conditions

HWY record: 100 (30 over)

STREET record: 95 (45 over): Dodge Ram 1500 [Auto]

if the thread is expanded for tuner-drivers,

Corner normal: 25+

Corner record: 45
    EXHILARATING THRILL + 34 MPG = INTEGRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Between 70-90 daily

150 in a Z28

over 100 is my silverado. only shows to 100

115 in a cavalier

130 in a stock car

as fast as my 450r goes . no speed-o

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread Information