Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Love your truck. Super nice for a `71. Also like that license plate. Great job.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Richard, that work truck is sick!:hurray:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s about time!!! Just kidding of course! Nice work on both vehicles....

I especially like the IH. When your truck is your business, it has to look good!:drool5:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I especially like the IH. When your truck is your business, it has to look good!:drool5:
    Yup, luckily I don`t detail in bad weather because I am mobile, so it really is pretty easy to maintain. I does get dirty sometimes from washing a car in close proximity. I use Blackfire spray wax/ cleaner between washes to maintain it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both, your Wifes wagon and your IH look tremendous...Great job RMD :hurray:

Post Thanks / Like
    Those look great! Can`t wait to try the BFWD.
    I have a 1971 GMC pickup. :thumbup: But the IH trucks are pretty unique - I love them.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymountaindetail View Post
    Yup, luckily I don`t detail in bad weather because I am mobile, so it really is pretty easy to maintain. I does get dirty sometimes from washing a car in close proximity. I use Blackfire spray wax/ cleaner between washes to maintain it.
    If you used BFWD and then the BF spray wax/cleaner, could you hit again with BFWD or would you have to remove the spray wax first? I have used the BDWD and the spray gloss (not spray wax) but that I`m told is really a sealant spray. Never used the spray cleaner/wax cause I want to be able to always top with another coat of BFWD.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Longtime lurker here.

That beeyouteeful Binder prompted me to finally register. So that I could say wow, that`s a beeyouteeful Binder.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice work on both vehicles... gotta make sure the wife is happy..... happy wife... happy life as they say...

Post Thanks / Like
    Great truck! I had an IH Travelall... same color, same year. That beast was ahead of its time! Do you have the dual gas tanks with the knob on the dash to switch from one to the other? Good memories in that tank!

I got a deal because the owner was getting about 4mpg. I replaced a cracked distributor cap for $6 and she drove like a dream.

Wish I still had the IH... or a Checker Marathon.
    John Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    Longtime lurker here.

That beeyouteeful Binder prompted me to finally register. So that I could say wow, that`s a beeyouteeful Binder.
    Thanks for the compliments and welcome aboard. There is much fun to be had here!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work truck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Henry View Post
    Great truck! I had an IH Travelall... same color, same year. That beast was ahead of its time! Do you have the dual gas tanks with the knob on the dash to switch from one to the other? Good memories in that tank!

It had dual tanks at one time. Not now though. It has a single tank that fills from the front passenger fender. Very unique but a pain in the a** to fill with modern nozzles. Not many people know it but I believe IH was a groundbreaker with this setup in 71. It was the first pickup to not have the fuel tank behind the seat in the cab with you. Major safety issue! People look at me weird when I pull the front corner up to the gas pump! (see pic)

This truck started life as a 1/2 ton straight six. At some point it was modified to carry a cab-over camper (there are still snaps around the inside of the rear window from the pass through). They swapped 3/4 ton axles under it and swapped the drivetrain to 350 V-8 chevy and 350 chevy trans. A real homemade special. I swapped in a 300HP chevy crate motor and redid the swap so it was safe and looked correct. Don`t tell but I also swapped a `72 front grill because it looked so much better than the `71 grill it had. I also added air bags to the rear suspension to help with all the weight. It carries 150 gallons of water, a full size generator and powerwasher, plus everything you need to have with you to fully detail a car, boat or motorhome. I think loaded I`m around 1500-1700lbs. It really handles it well and the motor kicks butt. The only think I would wish for would be 4 wheel disc brakes and a little tighter power steering!!! I also swapped in bucket seats, a console and 3 point seat belts to make it safe and comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude,

Awesome work!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Dude,

Awesome work!!
    thanks, I appreciate it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information