Thread: Foam Days

Detailing the Gulf Coast vitalcarcare's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam Days

Well a buddy of ours recently took over a local OReilly`s and decided to host a small event so we decided to help him out and offer some detailing.

Free Food
    Free Drinks
    and
    FOAM!

The new Banner put up

Jeep Grand Cherokee

WRX- WAGON

By far the dirtiest truck we had

Toyota Tundra

I know we have a couple guys on here that love some foam so I had to show at least a couple shots. It was so fun we decided to keep these rolling. Hopefully without another 100deg day haha...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam Days

Great pics. How many cars did you guys do that day and what was the typical customer reaction? I bet they were impressed with your approach. It seems like if you could get them to ask you a question,"Why are you spraying foam on my car?"

It gives the perfect opportunity to educate them,"Well ma`am/sir we are using a blah...blah...blah with pH neutral blah...blah...blah to encapsulate the dirt that will actually dull your blah...blah... blah" it would be a strong way to separate yourself from the competition by focusing on your knowledge and experience.

Before I primarily focused on exotic cars/high end concours detailing, I used to do a lot of car washing and had once considered doing something like you did but with a twist. Add a little promotion to it ,"Today only! Come see why we are twice the price and five times as good, 50% off today only!" or something else (perhaps less aggressive-in your face).

I`m sure if you where located in a business place (like O`reilys) and promised people they were getting 50% off you would likely get a lot of people who would be willing to get a mini-wash just because they are getting a deal (even if at 50% off it is the same price as the other guy). Because the customer is expecting a higher quality job (and would be naturally curious to why that it is) you might find more customer interest as they going to because what value you offer them.

Things like foam guns, two-bucket method, changing wash water, air drying, and drying with a detail spray would add a lot of perceived value and hopefully create customer interest. I wouldn`t be surprised if you picked up more long term clients this way who will appreciate your work more. As a benefit, the clients will pay your full price (which would then be twice the competition if it isn`t already).

Sorry for the rambling thought that stretched into a run-on off-topic post.

Detailing the Gulf Coast vitalcarcare's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Great pics. How many cars did you guys do that day and what was the typical customer reaction? I bet they were impressed with your approach. It seems like if you could get them to ask you a question,"Why are you spraying foam on my car?"

Things like foam guns, two-bucket method, changing wash water, air drying, and drying with a detail spray would add a lot of perceived value and hopefully create customer interest. I wouldn`t be surprised if you picked up more long term clients this way who will appreciate your work more. As a benefit, the clients will pay your full price (which would then be twice the competition if it isn`t already).
    Since the store does not get much traffic on Sundays we had roughly 15 or so people come through. Most came to see what was up others for food and a couple for some washing. Lots of love for the foam and definitely a time we were able to educate and sell ourselves as being above and beyond.

Washed a hand full of cars and got a number of appts on the horizon. 800hp Supra/Cayman R/the WRX again and hopefully an inside lead to a local shop that gets a lot of requests from high end customers being detailed. All in all a great first event at a business and plan to keep our names in the mouths of those that drive by as well as those who stop in to see what we were doing

Next month we will be more able to advertise the even and maybe get us a couple good details to keep us busy through the winter months. It will also be on a Saturday vs a Sunday so this will allow for more traffic and MORE leads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vitalcarcare View Post
    Since the store does not get much traffic on Sundays we had roughly 15 or so people come through. Most came to see what was up others for food and a couple for some washing. Lots of love for the foam and definitely a time we were able to educate and sell ourselves as being above and beyond.

Washed a hand full of cars and got a number of appts on the horizon. 800hp Supra/Cayman R/the WRX again and hopefully an inside lead to a local shop that gets a lot of requests from high end customers being detailed. All in all a great first event at a business and plan to keep our names in the mouths of those that drive by as well as those who stop in to see what we were doing

Next month we will be more able to advertise the even and maybe get us a couple good details to keep us busy through the winter months. It will also be on a Saturday vs a Sunday so this will allow for more traffic and MORE leads.
    Sounds like you did great!

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a great idea. I saw some places doing charity car washes adjacent to auto parts stores.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a blast. I want a foam cannon so bad, I just can`t find one with a fitting for my pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool. If I lived in the area I would have gone off roading in my truck and then stopped by for a wash.

Todd- that`s a great suggestion. I might have to use that some day

Thread Information