Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eh Preview, Eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had the motor on my power window replaced because the window was sticking to the rubber seal. I tried Armor-All, but it didn`t seem to help. Would Aerospace 303 or Vinylex be a better choice? Any suggestions to keep these rubber seals slippery against the glass? I also don`t want the seals drying out.

Post Thanks / Like
    What make / model car do you have? I notice in my mom`s `00 Maxima the top of the window sticks to the seal up top so it makes a "popping" noise when you open the window. Any other Maxima users know anything about this? It leaves black rubber stuff on the inside of the window very close to the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Baby Oil!

no i an not kiding. Used this on my mother`s dodge ram that was having the same problem as your max. Now it`s better than new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean the rubber first with something...

Then try 303 or the like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Zymol Seal if you can get your hands on it.

It rejuvinates gaskets and weatherstripping

very nicely. Just glob on, then wait 30 mins

and wipe off. Great stuff.

Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree about zymol seal.

I put it on my new car for the first time this weekend, and really went all out. Window Seals, door seals, hatch, etc.. make a big difference in how everything looked and I noticed I have less wind noise now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the ideas, the baby oil sounds cheap and easy. I haven`t seen the

zymol lubricant, any idea where I might get it?

My car is a `92 Camry. The popping noise you hear when you let the window down is exactly the noise I was getting. It means the glass is sticking to the seals and forcing the motor to work extra hard to move the window. It`s just a matter of time before it gives out. A little preventive maintenance here would be a good idea. It`s not cheap to fix those powwer windows!

My wife just got a new 2k2 Civic and I noticed the seals are WELL lubricated, so much so that the top of the glass has a film on it when you roll it down. Hopefully the baby oil will give me the same results.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by valleyguy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Just had the motor on my power window replaced because the window was sticking to the rubber seal. I tried Armor-All, but it didn`t seem to help. Would Aerospace 303 or Vinylex be a better choice? Any suggestions to keep these rubber seals slippery against the glass? I also don`t want the seals drying out. [/b]</blockquote>Where does one purchase Aerospace 303??

TIA!

Post Thanks / Like
    The forum sponsor CMA or other online retailers or your local west marine store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please check out the sponsor`s site, it`s awesome, a wealth of information (no I`m not connected with them).

For the 303: http://www.properautocare.com/303-16.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah ...Welcome to the forum!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad B. Do you think your old Gummi-Phledge would do for a lubricant for his windows?
    Anyway some guys swear by this product as a lube and preservative for the seal around doors and windows. I` don`t think I spelled it correctly, but I believe you can get it at a BMW dealer. I`m sure some of the other detailers can help you with that.
    Welcome to the Forum. Best darn detailing site on the web. Dave B. is the boss, and we have a host of helpful detailers to answer all you questions. Read the archives and detailing notes, you`ll be up to speed in no time.
    You can get 303 on our host web, on many other webs including www.303-products.com, or many boat and RV stores.

Welcome again, and enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Silicone spray found at any autoparts store for like $1 cured the same problem in my Accord permanently after one application over 2 years ago. My case was so bad the window acttually stopped on the way up and down. I just used the attached little straw, sprayed it in the tracks and worked the window up and done a few times with some more spraying in between.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    you can get zymol seal at carcareonline

Post Thanks / Like
    I spray some silicone spray on a damp cloth and wipe down all my seals twice a year. I`ve been doing this for years and I`ve never had a window stick or door freeze up. Like today with freezing rain, no problem. While your at it spray it in the locks and hinges.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information