Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like

Some recent jobs worthy of sharing

M105 on yellow
    M85 on green
    M205 on blue w/ PC
    Topped with Nattys Red

Not pictured: Wheels got P21S, tires and wells got Meg APC. It was cloudy all day, rinsed and washed the car in the rain. Pulled inside for clay, masking and paint correction.

Consistent representation of what I started with at 9AM.

Repaint on the rear driver door, lots of DA sanding scratches and a few dirt nibs.

After polishing, Nattys marinating. Deeelish!

Most of the pigtails gone, the debris under the paint made me hesitant to go for 100%.

No sun? Inspect with the next best thing.

I`m no good at camera, how did I get here?

One, Green, Four, POTATO!

Before Right

After Right

50/50 Right

All done at 330. 90% correction in 6 hours (30 mins deducted for BS`ing with customer about cars). Some deeper scratches remain, but for a car from 1996

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some recent jobs worthy of sharing

Ever wonder why your Makita rotary has an intermittent trigger problem? A likely culprit is the wiring and insulation in my experience, but checking it yourself is nothing to be scared of.

A couple screws removed to gain access to the internals:

This was my problem, wires are binding and have created these ribs:

Wires had degraded so much that I couldn`t strip the casing without tearing (not cutting) the wire:

3 terminals, 3 wires- pretty difficult to screw up simple:

All done, back to work!

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like

From 30ft away the defects were clearly visible, paint had no depth:

From 5 ft away, the entire vehicle had significant scratches, holograms, swirls:

Even closer, very condensed swirls:

Washed with ONR, clayed with Meguiars Mild, wheels received P21S gel and Meguiars APC on tires/wells. All of which took a little less than an hour- a second hour was spent removing old wax/compound/product from every seam/gap/jamb.

Masking exterior trim with 3M green tape and doing a few test spots:

In addition to the old product left to harden, and heavy holograms, the front edge of the drivers door was burned down to the primer by the previous detailer. All of this made me hesitant towards jumping right into M105 with yellow or wool; so the majority of the Supra was corrected with M85 on green foam and finished with M205 on blue via a Makita rotary.

The burn through on the edge of the door, you can still see the tape residue from my 3M 1/4" Fine Line- I was taking no chances making it worse:

A few side by side comparisons:

Very difficult to get 100% correction out of this while keeping as much of the remaining single stage paint build , the pics may show that in most cases, but honestly it wasn`t perfect. Seven hours later, two of which were spent in prep and cleaning up the hardened wax from emblems and door handles:

Ready to leave, topped with Nattys Red, Meguiars Non Silicone Tire Dressing and 303 Aero on the lower plastics:

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice !!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Really nice !!
    This week I was driving from one job in Farmington to another in W. Hartford via Mountain Road (I think)- guess what I passed?

Claybar Dr.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EcoAutoCT View Post
    This week I was driving from one job in Farmington to another in W. Hartford via Mountain Road (I think)- guess what I passed?

Claybar Dr.
    That`s real close to me. If you turned onto fern street, you`d have been 3 blocks from me.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    That`s real close to me. If you turned onto fern street, you`d have been 3 blocks from me.
    You caught me, I wasn`t actually on a job. I lost the scent trail of Natty`s Blue and couldn`t further pinpoint your location. Ended up cleaning an SUV at Renbrook School instead.

I pulled in there and the cars picking up kids were Range Rovers, Cayennes, Porsche 997, etc. and on after the other. I just wanted to play 52 pickup with my business cards while driving through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EcoAutoCT View Post
    You caught me, I wasn`t actually on a job. I lost the scent trail of Natty`s Blue and couldn`t further pinpoint your location. Ended up cleaning an SUV at Renbrook School instead.

I pulled in there and the cars picking up kids were Range Rovers, Cayennes, Porsche 997, etc. and on after the other. I just wanted to play 52 pickup with my business cards while driving through.
    My older one went to school there. Till 6th grade.

Thread Information