Thread: Paging OCDinPDX

Post Thanks / Like

Paging OCDinPDX

I posted a few weeks ago about my wife taking our 92 Explorer off-roading and coming home with it covered with mud.

OCDinPDX sent me a PM and said that the old explorers were his favorite model and wanted to see some photo`s of it.

I have owned this vehicle for nearly 18 years and never took a photo of it before.

Today when my wife returned from my daughters I took some photo`s but it has been to town twice plus to my daughters farm so this is not a fresh detail.

These photo`s show the car the way it looks on a day to day basses if it gets much worse I will hit it with a QD but this is my daily driver and I get a lot of comment from people who know enough about vehicles to know it is 18 model years old.

Most of them this age around here look like they are that old so it pays to take care of your vehicle.

OCDinPDX this is for you enjoy.

Picasa Web Albums - R.E.Piper - 92 EXPLORER#

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paging OCDinPDX

SHe`s still got it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Nice...

Tampa, FL
    Post Thanks / Like

That thing`s beautiful. Nice 18 year maintenance plan there my friend!
    Tampa, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Is it 1992? That thing looks none of its 18 years

Seriously, Bart...thanks a million for posting those pictures. Sorry it took me so long to get in here. Things have been crazy.
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Harbor Gray

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCDinPDX View Post
    Is it 1992? That thing looks none of its 18 years

Seriously, Bart...thanks a million for posting those pictures. Sorry it took me so long to get in here. Things have been crazy.
    I`m not one who has to drive a new vehicle but I do want it to be reliable and this is maintained mechanically just as well as it looks.
    Runs and drives just like new so why give thousands for something that will only do what this one will do take me where I want to go and bring me home without a problem.
    This past September I did buy a new car but since I really didn`t need it I put a coat of DG-105 on it removed the battery put a car cover on it and put it in storage.
    I told my wife when I die someone will get a really low mileage car if I don`t drive it.

Post Thanks / Like

wow that looks killer for the age. Nice looking ride

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bart

Just wondering what is the new car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlee View Post
    Hey Bart

Just wondering what is the new car?
    When Obama had the cash 4 clunker program I traded in a 30 year old Bronco for a New Focus 4 door SES I`m getting 40+mpg with it.

While I was not in favor of the program { still not } I knew that I was never going to get $4500:00 for the Ole Bronco other than while that program was in effect.
    I did not need a car I already have several but I got a total of $7000:00 off on the new car so I bought it.
    Here it is

Picasa Web Albums - R.E.Piper - Ford Focus#

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    I posted a few weeks ago about my wife taking our 92 Explorer off-roading and coming home with it covered with mud.

OCDinPDX sent me a PM and said that the old explorers were his favorite model and wanted to see some photo`s of it.

I have owned this vehicle for nearly 18 years and never took a photo of it before.

Today when my wife returned from my daughters I took some photo`s but it has been to town twice plus to my daughters farm so this is not a fresh detail.

These photo`s show the car the way it looks on a day to day basses if it gets much worse I will hit it with a QD but this is my daily driver and I get a lot of comment from people who know enough about vehicles to know it is 18 model years old.

Most of them this age around here look like they are that old so it pays to take care of your vehicle.

OCDinPDX this is for you enjoy.

Picasa Web Albums - R.E.Piper - 92 EXPLORER#
    I have to agree those are my favorite years of explorers and rangers. I had a blue ranger with that same front end, loved that truck, whish I still had it. Hell it would be the 1st car I actually paid off.

By the way the explorer looks great and their is no way I would guess it any where near it`s age.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sfu7274456 View Post
    I have to agree those are my favorite years of explorers and rangers. I had a blue ranger with that same front end, loved that truck, whish I still had it. Hell it would be the 1st car I actually paid off.

By the way the explorer looks great and their is no way I would guess it any where near it`s age.
    Thanks for the comments on the explorer it is nice for shopping trips we put the rear seats down and since it is a 4 door you can load the front portion from the side and the rest from the back.
    Real handy I laugh sometimes when I see people trying to load a TV or something they bought into their little compact car and it won`t fit in the truck or in the car.

Thread Information