Occupant Ilied Industries occupant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wife`s truck (what a mess)

Here are some "before" pictures from a couple of months ago, shows the worn bumper trim, dirty wheels, things like that. The truck was five times as dirty as this, windows dusty and sappy, lots of gravel dust from the beltline down, we live in a small town in the country, can`t really complain:

Yesterday morning I took the truck through a $7 express wash down in Waco while we were out having our 4th anniversary. Brushes, ew. But with time being very short, it was simpler to run it through and clean it further later. Told the wife I`d detail the rest when we got home. Never got around to it yesterday, only did part of the interior. I finished up this morning and wish I had some More Shine Less Time for the tires, some Bug & Tar stuff for the rocker panels, and I forgot to touch the wheel well plastics. Again, time was short. I used only three products for this. Stoner Invisible Glass, Stoner Trim Shine, and something I picked up at Wal-Mart, a can of Mequiar`s Quick Interior Wipes. It was on sale for $4, I thought, this might make quick work of the Okie red dirt populating the dash crevices! After shots:

I haven`t vacuumed or anything, either. Don`t have one in town here and we were in too much of a hurry to use the ones at the express wash. So when I run to Hubbard here in an hour or so, I`ll use the vacuums at the self help wash there. Might finish cleaning the fins in the wheels while I`m there and don`t have the wife nagging at me from the porch to come inside and corral some kids (we have 7).

I think it`s 100% better than it was, with plenty of room for improvement. Just wanted to finally say after owning the truck for six months, I was able to put four hours of work into trying to clean it up some.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wife`s truck (what a mess)

Much better! Holy smokes! 7 kids!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

7 kids?!?!?!
    I don`t know how you have the time to do anything, but go to work and help the Wife with the kiddos.!

Of course, depending on their ages you might just have 7 recruits to finish the clean up in no time flat.

I`ve made a few trips to Bynum over the last decade. Never made it to Malone though.

Occupant Ilied Industries occupant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s a madhouse here 24/7. If the baby isn`t screaming or fussing, one of the toddlers is getting into the fridge for a couple pounds of cheese or up on the cabinet to eat cake mix with their fingers. If the toddlers are behaving, the 7 and 9 year olds are out digging holes in the yard or using their bike rims as grinding wheels for their toys. If they are not getting into trouble then the 14 year old is having PMS, or the 16 year old is throwing crying fits about her boyfriend breaking up with (or wanting to get back together with) her.

I did get the carpet and wheels done finally. Also touched up a few other soda/coffee droplets I missed on the headliner that I didn`t catch before because I couldn`t see them when I was under them, but when looking back to change lanes, I saw them.

The Mequiar`s Interior Wipes aren`t my idea of a long lasting complete detail product. Then again, the label says it should be used for daily wipedowns and touch-ups. I think I used 14 of the 25 in the package for a complete detail on the Durango. The rest will get used over the next few weeks and I`ll get some other form of cleaner to use with good paper towels.

I don`t know how we do it, but we do.

Someone got evicted on the other side of town, and left a whole house full of stuff. I`m friends with the guy who rents the house out and got first dibs for baby stuff. 12 new in the package receiving blankets. A bouncer that only needed a good wipedown with a rag soaked in soapy water. And a whole box full of toys, all age appropriate for the kids 9 and under. I feel bad for the lady, but turns out she just moved back in with her husband and he already has a mess of things for their kids. It worked out very well for us and we were able to go through, keep the stuff our kids liked, donated a truckfull of the old stuff to our church.

And then I vacuumed.

Again.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by occupant View Post
    It`s a madhouse here 24/7. ...

And then I vacuumed.

Again.
    I can only imagine!

Thread Information