Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a thread in the main detailing forum about a QD I found at an import performance shop (well-more like a rice boy body kit, altezza tail lights and spoiler shop) while I was inquiring about new struts and springs for my Accord (I want a 1" drop and that`s it) and I noticed a small display of waxes and QD`s from a company called ClearKote. I was nearly out of Meguiars #34 so I figured I would pick the QD called Quik Shine. 32 oz for $11 seemed like a pretty good deal and if it wasn`t very good, hey, it was only $11.

Anyway, I tried it on my car-dusted it and then applied the Quik Shine. It did an excellent job! Really slick and it fills in minor streaks (like when drying a panel that is nearly dry with a dry towel). By slick, I mean like the way the paint feels after using Pinnacle PG. Seriously! I also tried it on a black Expidition that hadn`t been waxed in about 2 months and when I was finished, the paint looked great-almost like I had just waxed it. It says it has color enhancers in it and it must-the Expidition looked blacker than when I started and all the minor streaks were gone.

The only drawback I have noticed is that it seems almost too slick to use with clay-almost like the clay doesn`t grab as well as with a regular QD. Not really a problem-I usually clay while washing a car anyway-the soapy water works as well as a QD and is cheaper.

CleanDean found the website and I checked out the rest of the product line and noticed they had a wax that "Contains no silicones, Teflon, alcohol or abrasives." and is said to be "An excellent cleaner/wax used to remove oxidation from all paint, chrome, plastic, gelcoat and fiberglass surfaces." I would assume with no abrasives, it uses a mild chemical cleaner to remove light oxidation.

In any event, I noticed they want $20 for a 16 oz bottle, but I remembered it being cheaper at the ricer shop, so I went by today between details and picked up a bottle for $14. A bit more than the average 16 oz bottle of cleaner wax, but not too pricey. I need to have a good cleaner/wax for customers who only want a 1 step exterior detail but still want a good shine and reasonable durability.

I had a couple vehicles to clean this afternoon-just basic washes. One of the guys at the office has 1997 Suburban that he is trading in at the end of June, and doesn`t want to wax it until then. I asked him if he would mind if I waxed the hood with a new product I was trying out to see if he likes it and so I could see how long it lasts, and he told me it was fine with him.

I used a foam hand applicator and found that a little goes a long way-some cleaner waxes use more products per panel than a straight wax because they are doing two jobs instead of one. It hazes pretty quickly-the bottle says you can wipe off immediately, but it comes off easiest when you let it haze for 2-3 minutes, then it wipes off. No white residue and it had a nice, wet carnuba like shine. So far so good. Only thing I noticed was the smell-seemed similar to Autoglym Super Resin (based on a 6-7 year old memory). Not horribly unpleasant, but not intoxicatingly incredible like Pinnacle PG.

I tried it on my car as well-it had been about 6 weeks since I had polished with Meguiars Hand Polish and waxed with Pinnacle PG. I applied it to about 1/3 the car at a time, then buffed off the excess. Again, a great shine and easy to use. It also worked great on my black plastic mirrors and window moldings and again, no residue-of course, my car is debadged!

My first impressions of the wax are outstanding. Very easy to use, nice wet shine and very little dusting (I used a bit too much on one side of my car-the other side was pretty much dust free) even though this afternoons humidity was about 20%-very dry today! It is very convienent for me to get this product also, since it is sold locally. I believe on their website that shipping is included in the price of the products, because I didn`t see any shipping charges on the price page or order page and that may be why it costs less at the store than for them to ship directly.

I will be trying it on a variety of vehicles, including more than likely, a black Ford F-250 tomorrow-he likes me to use Pinnacle PG on his CL 500, but he really doesn`t care what I use on his truck as long as it shines. I will also monitor the hood on the Suburban-I wash it about every two weeks.

Anyway, the website is:

http://www.clearkote.com/index.html
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    good review!:up
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info Scottwax. The QD sounds especially interesting. Does it contain any carnauba?

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Thanks for the info Scottwax. The QD sounds especially interesting. Does it contain any carnauba? [/b]</blockquote>
    It seems to me it does-it leaves paint slicker than a normal QD and when you first start to wipe it off, it seems to haze like a light coating of wax. It also seems to have some filling properties.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I got ahold of Everett Glass, the owner of ClearKote this morning. Quikshine does not have any wax in it (or silicones or teflon). Moose wax is not carnuba based, either.

I am going to e-mail him to find out more about the products, but he told me to try Quikshine on glass-it has the same effect as Rain-X does without the streaking. I used it on a Mercedes CL500 I regularly clean, and after doing half of the glass sunroof, I set the spray bottle of QS on the half of the sunroof I had just applied it to and it slid right off, so it does leave the glass real slick. I put some on my windows also, and when you lay the towel at the top of the windshield, it immediately slides to the base. It is supposed to rain this weekend, so I can see first hand what the effect of raindrops is on the treated windows.

I also used Moose wax on a black F-250 today-but only half of it. After washing it, I noticed it had yellow overspray all over it. The guy had to use his truck this afternoon, so I only did the outside of the bed and tailgate after claying it-I`ll do the cab of the truck next week when I wash his cars again. Great shine and it went on and off with ease in the noon sun-of course, the sides were not as hot as the roof and hood, but still quite warm to the touch.

Anyway, any additional information I get, I will pass along after I e-mail Everett.

BTW, he will be at The Ballpark In Arlington (home of the not so great Texas Rangers) in mid June-at the same time I am going to be in Houston (where he is located), but I hope to be able to meet with him before I leave and when I get back.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent review... :up the ClearKote products seem interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update.

I must admit that Moose Wax is the most user friendly one step wax I have used. As long as you let it sit for at least a minute, it won`t streak at all, it just wipes off. It will dust up a slight bit if you use too much. Once the surface of the foam hand applicator is `soaked`, it take very little product to get good coverage. You can apply more right after you buff off the excess and wait one minute, it again, it wipes off with no streaks. Excellent shine, also. The only drawback is that it doesn`t really fill anything other than minor imperfections, but on paint that is in good condition and well cared for, that really shouldn`t matter.

Looks fantastic on black. I definitely will be getting more when I run low since it is good for mainenance on my car and for those who only want (or need) a one step product when I detail their cars.

Quikshine is also an excellent product, and it will fill minor spider webbing, and it leaves a super slick finish. It does work at least as well as Rain X does initially (when used on glass), and it lasts much longer. Even after 2 1/2 days of nearly constant heavy rain, it still would repell water off the windshield with ease.

Good thing I walked into the ricer shop, I would never have known about these products. BTW, you can find them at some car shows.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like

E class means Irri-class? nasty interior challenge

The day the earth stood still

travelled 400 KM

waited 4 months -

accumulated dust & dirt

more to show

being the most attractive area

stains dried

My buddy being a good host, he usually drive his overseas partners around. A very hospitable person

delayed him for 4 months - as i got ligaments tear from a fall during christmas last year & detailing make it worst

sad to know that most of this VIPs guest couldnt cared much

more stains found at the front passenger seats

aiyah

scuff with shoes stains

more oily stains & film of dirt ages the vinyl

obviously seats are foremost important & attention cant be neglect for hosting our guest

Leather comes in many different styles and finishes. Some are tanned while others have colors dyed into them. All require separate means of cleaning

a luxurious dirt stains door panel - makes the ride uneasy

close up look

more stains on harder area to reach & clean

hmmm....looks pretty neglected & unattractive to comment

the real issue is TIME & knowledge of how to.....many drivers would struggle & ended paying thousands of ringgit just to get their interior done up

look at the rear seats

close up

macro

Leather is an expensive natural product, so when a leather good acquires a stain its owner will want to know how to correctly clean leather. The best method is determined by the type of the stain and the type of the leather.

sweats accumulated on the seats belts - makes them irritable even to straps on

more coffee stains

ta da

more stains found on the bottom - the hidden treasure

look at the back rest - stained seats

Every type of leather is delicate and very susceptible to changes in temperature and weather so care must be taken to keep it in good shape.

The hardest thing about cleaning leather is that the cleaning process can change the leather?s appearance. Since leather is essentially animal skin, it can suffer from much of the same problems as any other type of skin. It can dry out and crack or become permanently stained

hmmm

driver door panel - neglected & dirt accumalated

where treasure are usually hided beneath

the real issue

my buddy struggle with the knowledge to detail himself, moreover everyone feel how inadequate as lack of training to do it on their own

my whole intention is to lead him by his hand & show him how I detail the whole entire car with just 2 products

the all mighty power clean with brushes

& the all purpose protectant (leather protectant)

look at the treasure gotten on both the safety belts nylon & leather

stains gotten into the center console area - how irritating it can be to both the sights & feeling

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

I begin with a simple car wash OPC dilution 1:8 water spray on a wet MF & rinse off (intention of stripping all the previous waxes, dirts, suds ) BTW OPC is the only multipurpose cleaner you need for your entire care for both interior & exterior (saving you both headaches & $$$$$) spending of buying a-z cleaners ended up in the shelf redundant .....

follow with ONR as lube & clay

before

after

I usually have an older clay for these highly contaminated & dangerous area to work with
    Live life to its fullness

Post Thanks / Like
    working from 1800 till 0230

getting a bit tired & hungry (knowing my buddy waited for 4 months & travelled 400KM) just to get his ride detail (I sacrifices my little comfort & food)

before

how much stains accumulated

same bottle OPC dilution - using a different brushes to get it clean

ta da

just slightly over 10 sec

the real challenge & enemy
    a neglect -

For leather, vinyl, or the dashboard, dilute at 3:1 or as little as 8:1. Spray on and wipe off. For tougher grime and stains use at full strength

Dilute Power Clean up to 3:1 to safely clean leather, vinyl, paint, and plastics. Remove old dash dressings and tough residues from interior panels. Wipe away spills and spots from leather seats. Special polymers and emulsifiers break down contaminants with minimal agitation.

ta da

a 50/50% view for your comparrision

Noted - Cleaning leather can be risky because the cleaning process can change the color or appearance of the leather....Avoid products like mink oil, shoe polish and waxes when cleaning leather furniture or garments....

before - the challenge

ta ta

a neglected leathers

ta da

a further detailing * its an additional for you to consider
    deeper cleaning with steamer

on carpet area

on leathers - loosing the dirt accumulated in leathers pores

would have more pics- but both physical & time does not permits me

---moving to -- nitty gritty area

sprayed OPC 1:8 aggitate & brush

ta ta

remember this at the front passenger seats

now

side steps

After OPC

before

after OPC

and now is ready to welcome his majesty

stains before

after OPC

door panel before

now after cleaning with opc & brushes + Opt leather protectant treatment

stains before

after OPC & OLP

remember how ugly & unattractive is it

now after OPC & OLP

engine -

only 5 minutes cleaning - not even dress (with OPC & agitate with brushes & rinse off)

look carefully

imagine the amount of time i use

it is not even dress or wax - no whatsoever oil & it makes evenn easier to clean the next round

how little makes more !!!!!!! rather having it dress with oil & get dust trapped & baked under heat to be caked

remember before

only took me OPC wash in 5 minutes (not even dress with any expensive dress )

time to say good night...very very hungry & tired

its 0230 in the morning

leaving behind you yet another detailing trails

thanks for taking yr precious time to view .....

elegantly yrs again

now he only need to do a quick damp MF wipe down bi weekly & condition 3-4 times a year with OLP

less is more - it isnt lesser (consistency pays off - cos no seats like leather seats ) & very expensive to replace or restores them

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice save K.C.

That interior was ridonkously dirty

Post Thanks / Like
    Trouble Nice save K.C.

That interior was ridonkously dirty
    thank you sir for your constant encouragement & cheers along the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow,
    That is some impressive work for only 2 detailing products.
    Great results.
    Keep them coming!
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Wow,
    That is some impressive work for only 2 detailing products.
    Great results.
    Keep them coming!
    Thank you sir

It is a simple amazing inventions
    many thanks to all my wonder friends sharing yr detailing-ship with me - you guys makes a different in my life - thanks for all your wonderful kind words of encouragement & support. God Bless

turning from coal to gem - was simply a test of 8 endurable hours, detailing at this level is a constant fight of physical fatigue and patience, mental endurance, emotional suppressed - it always a lonely battle till you guys came along the way (thanks for all your cheers & encouragement)

far best APC MPC ALL THE PC i have come across - thanks to Doc G...the man behind this great invention
    so aggressive till it can used for engine degreaser but yet gentle enough for leathers & paint

thats simple amazing - I would have stop doing mobile detailing without this, cant imagine those days - where I need to pack at least 6-7 types of cleaners

SD,D, APC, WB, LC, ......all this takes to spoils my day - is just simply forgetting one of them - now I only need one & many dilutions

thanks buddy for yr kind words

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work. That must have taken some time...
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Nice work. That must have taken some time...
    Thank you Bunky for your kind words

Yes it took me 8 1/2 hours to get the job done

nothing but hard work

dont u agree :iagree:

Thread Information