Post Thanks / Like

I`ve decided NOT to get an H2. EVAAARRRR!!!

Yeah, I don`t think I`ll ever be getting an H2. There is more real estate in paint on that thing than both my vehicles combined. Waxing that roof is like waxing a basketball court. I`m glad I`m tall and have long arms or else I wouldn`t be able to pull it off. I`m going to have to fashion some microfiber booties and knee pads if I ever have to do one of these suckers again. Blech!!! Alright, I`ll just let the pictures do the talking. The process was a wash, clay, light polish, and the hardest wax to buff off known to man.

Ohh, I have to tell you about how I obtained this concrete they call wax. I was at my local Checker (Kragen to some people) and noticed that they had a clearance table way in the back corner of the store. That is a lousy place for a clearance table, but it probably worked out best for me. Everything on the table was marked $2 bucks. I picked up three bottles of Meguiar`s Quick Wheel Detailer for less than what one bottle usually costs. That was a good thing. They also had some of those DuPont "teflon" products that I figured for $2 bucks it was worth a shot. I got the spray wax and the liquid wax. The shine is really good on it, but it is ridiculously hard to buff off. I ended up having to put a white Edge pad on the PC, soaking the panel with QD, and then buffing with that. Then I wiped with a microfiber and went over it again with another microfiber. It was a pretty crappy process. It took an hour to buff this muck off. So that is a big NO to the DuPont teflon wax if speed is a concern.

The truck was dropped off at 4:00 and I finished it up at 9:00, so the sun was pretty much gone when I finished, but he was a good guy and brought it out to my office this morning so I could do a final detail on whatever I possibly missed last night and also get some pictures. It was a full interior, exterior, engine job because he is turning it back in from his lease on Saturday. This was a big (and I do mean BIG) project that probably didn`t earn me nearly as much as it should, but he was a relative of a good client and I was cutting him a good deal in the hopes of future referals. So anyway, here you go...

Whew!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`ve decided NOT to get an H2. EVAAARRRR!!!

Great job. I`d probably die of exhaustion from a beast that big.

By the way I like the whole but about:

"He was a relative.."

I`d disown him from the family too for owning that

Post Thanks / Like

Those vehicles are just way too much work.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me, that was an option after this mess. lol I finally found a guy who was willing to work as hard as I am that I hired and trained to work with me. He did the interior and I did the exterior. So this was a 4 1/2 - 5 hour job with two people workin on it. I really just about did this supid thing for free for what I charged him. It would have been good money if I had accomplished it all by myself, but I basically only charged him for the exterior and threw in the interior for free. My guy still needs the practice, and although it looked nasty, it really wasn`t anything that someone with experience couldn`t get cleaned up in a couple hours. He got $20 bucks an hour and free pizza out of the deal, so he really can`t complain.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and it doesn`t help that we had dust from hell on Monday and then two days of snow after that. I don`t know where all this dust came from, but visibility was like a mile or something. Gearhead can back me up on this. It was really nasty outside. Then it snowed/rained for two days and deposited all that dirt right on our cars. This truck has been sitting at the airport for a week, so that accounts for the condition.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job! That was some turn around. I really like the before/ after engine detail. Very nice. What a beast of a vehicle too!

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

freaking awesome job!!

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I`ve been saying it for a while. Hummers are among my least favorite vehicles to do.

I think all Hummer owners should have to do their own vehicles.

I bet Hummer sales would drop dramatically if that ever happened.

Nice job by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent job, that thing was dirty and like you said huge...

Did the fact that the hood tipped forward make that portion of the detailing any easier?
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I would`ve charged him 550 bucks for that job

Post Thanks / Like

You know, having the hood pop down like that really did make the hood much easier. I wish all the hoods did that. lol I can`t imagine how tough it would have been to reach across that thing otherwise. I would have had to stand on the tire and hope I don`t slip.

Thread Information