Post Thanks / Like

Rainy Day Detail of a Toyota Land Cruiser

Hey everyone,

I did this detail on dec 21 2007. When I left my house in the morning there was a fine mist of rain coming down. When I was almost finished(wheels,tires and wells to do) this happened.

The sky just opened up on me. This is when I really dislike mother nature.

After I finished up washing it in the rain I moved it into the garage to dry it off and start the interior. this vehicle is well used if you know what I mean(young kids into many outdoor sports). I started on the interior by cleaning the leather seats with Meg`s APC at a 10:1 ratio after a good vacuuming was completed. Once the seats were cleaned I attacked the carpet. I did one area at a time starting with the front seating areas and moving back. I sprayed all of the carpet with Meg`s APC plus at 4:1 due to the staining. I then scrubbed these areas with a Meg`s interior brush and then extracted these areas with my Durrmaid extractor. Here are some interior before and after pics.
    Before:

Then I found this little surprise under the back seats. What was it ? I only found out when I got my hot water extractor on it. It actually smelled good,like clean clothes. It ended up being a stain that was left behind from fabric softener. Go figure. Here are some after pictures.
    After:

I was able to get the carpet about 95% clean due to the fact that most of the staining has been set in for years. Once I finish the interior it was time to attack the exterior. I clayed the entire vehicle then polished it with Meg`s 80 with the pc set to 5 then wax with 21 with the pc at 3 then removed the 21 with a bonnet wrapped pad at setting 5.tires got All Season Dressing.

Afters:

This picture was after 80 no lsp.

These last 3 are after 21. Sorry for not getting any outside sun pictures put here in NJ it was DARK when I finished. The one thing that really made this detail fairly easy was the fact that the garage was heated with radiant floor heating. The garage was about 72 degrees and I had to open the doors twice to cool off some. The owners are happy as they understood that all those stains would not come out but they could not believe how much I did get out. I will be detailing 2 more vehicle for them this winter. You just have to love a heated garage.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rainy Day Detail of a Toyota Land Cruiser

Excellent job and that interior...did a whole bottle of fabric softener spill?

Be thankful that it was fabric softener...I did a mini van recently that had similar stains and when I took the extractor to it, I discovered it was 1 week old choclate milk...

A heated garage would be great expecially this time of year.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

It was not a whole bottle. The owner said she had one of those jumbo bottles fall over and leaked about 1/4 of the bottles out. The way it leaked it when right in between the splitt in the seat. It only got a little on the seat itself that she wiped up not thinking it was as bad as it really was.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

That is an amazing tur around. I bet the owner was pleased.

Thread Information