Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed: Ford F-350 Crew Cab

Firdays are usually a day set aside for my maintenance cleanings. Everyone wants their vehicles cleaned for the weekend.......and everyone waits to the last minute to schedule a full detail. Case in point. I did 4 follow up routines this morning from 7:30 to 10:00AM. Thinking my day was over, I got a call for real estate agent/friend of mine. Seems he had bought this truck about 7 months ago and well, it`s not been touched in the sense of cleaning. I had to pick my youngest boy up from school at 2:30 so this was going to have to be fast.

The following detail was brought to by Red Bull. Know by detailers all over the world!

Arrival Time:
    11:00AM

Befores.......

Wash Cycle:
    All lower panels were sprayed with Purple Power cut 1:1. This was the same for the wheels, tires, inner fender wells (arches), and door jams. I blasted these areas thoroughly with my pressure washer. I then foamed the exterior 3 times with my NXT/Purple Power foam mix. Each time I washed it with a LC Ulti-Mitt. No engine cleaning on this one. Not enough time and the customer didn`t want it. I didn`t even look.
    Some foamage.....

Interior:
    After about an hour on the outside, I decided to move into the inside. What a week! Two consecutive days of massive interior work. Good thing I`ve have a technique in place for interiors like this. Basically the same process as when I do an engine bay. I vacuum up every inch of the interior. I was told not to worry about the seat/cover though. The customer was simply going to wash them in their washing machine. I now took my Purple Power and covered everything in reach. I let it sit and then with my vac, I extracted any puddles. I cam back with an MF towel and a bucket of water to rinse with. This actually takes less time than shampooing carpets. After cleaning, the floors were covered with Armor All Tire foam. While it sat, I treated the interior panels, dash, and rubber seals with STP (otc) Protectant. Yep it`s oily. Yep it has silicone in it. This truck needed it though. Once this was done, I shut all doors, turned the truck on, and cranked up the heat. This is the baking stage. It simply works leaving a nice non-greasy coating behind. Any puddles were wiped up. Windows were then cleaned and the jams were treated to a coating of Malco`s Aqua Wax.

Wheels, Tires, and Wells:
    The tires and wheel wells were sprayed with No-Touch Wet n` Protect twice. The wheels were coated with Malco Aqua Wax.

Exterior Polishing & Protection:
    (PB`s PwS/APO60 50/50 mix via UDM & 3M Black Polishing Pad)
    Once again, due to time restraints and cost, a one step system was used on the exterior. I chose to use the UDM to test out this new pad with my mix. It did really, really well. It removed 95% of the swirls and even some deeper scratches. Cleaned the paint well too. I noticed that with the UDM on 6, this little pad heated the paint up pretty toasty. I liked this. It brought out a ton of gloss and depth.
    Look here.

Tools used.....

Before....
    No depth or gloss.

After......
    Much deeper and wetter.

Afters..........

Exterior:

Wheels, wells, and tires:

Interior:
    (Once again, ignore the seat covers. Customer is cleaning them.)

Finished at 2:15PM
    A total of 2 hours 15 minutes.
    I would take the weekend off but I have 3 wash/correction/protection`s to do tomorrow!
    Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailed: Ford F-350 Crew Cab

That truck looks really good now. Do you always use the polishing pad for mild corrections? I wish I was that quick. I did a 2 step process on my sister`s Forester this evening; just the exterior was about 3 and a half hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow very nice job for the time you spent on that!!

Looks brand new!

Post Thanks / Like

That`s OUTSTANDING work!!!
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Thread Information