Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

99 F350 meets Poorboy`s

I`ve had this truck for about 3 years. I bought it from a friend and he used it to tow his drag car. It a 99 and has 93,000 miles on it and never seen snow or salt and always in a garage when not in use. The paint had swirl marks from the past owner washing it with a brush and the interior was slightly dirty. By the way I have about 35- 40 hours into this detail.

Wash: PB`s SS&S with high pressure foam gun then clayed with Clay Magic medium and PB`s S&W 50:50 for lube.

Tires,wheels,wheel wells & engine: All areas sprayed down with PB`s APC 10:1 and pressure washed. Engine dressed with CD-2, wheel wells dressed with Zep Tireless Shine and tires dressed with PB`s Trim and Tire Gel and topped with PB`s Bold-n-Brite. Wheels polished with PB`s SSR 2.5, Pro Polish and sealed with Wheel Sealant.

Paint: Step one SSR3 applied with a yellow LC pad on a Metabo PE12-17, step two SSR 2 applied with an orange LC pad on a Makita BO6040, step three Pro Polish applied with the green Edge pads on a Cyclo, step four 3 coats of EX-P applied with the white Edge pads on a Cyclo(24hrs cure time between coats) and two coats of Natty`s Red by hand and last coat was removed then misted with cold distilled water for a final buff (this really made the red paint pop). All door jams where coated with PB`s PWS (this stuff is sweet).

Chrome & Trim: Chrome polished with Pro Polish and and sealed with PB`s Wheel Sealant. All exterior trim dressed with PB`s Trim Restore. All door seals dressed with PB`s Trim and Tire Gel. The bug deflector, vent shields and all the light lenses where cleaned,glazed and sealed with Wolfgang`s 3 step Plastik.
    OK, just aside note the Trim and Tire gel was a test sample and this was the first time that I used the tire gel and I did not like it on tires,than again I don`t like any tire gels. But on doors and trunk seals this stuff is a winner and it was better then the GM stuff that we used to use at the dealer and it cost us about $40 for a 1oz bottle. So Steve you might want to think about bring this product to market just as a rubber seal dressing, but thats just my opinion.

Interior Trim: All interior trim cleaned with PB`s APC mixed 30:1 and dressed with PB`s Natural Look.

Leather Seats: Cleaned and conditioned with Leatherique Prestine Clean and Rejuvenator Oil than topped with PB`s Leather Stuff. The reason that I dressed the seats with Leather Stuff was the Leatherique cleaned the seats so well they had muted look to them and the Leather Stuff gave them the shine that I like.

Carpet: Vacuumed then spot cleaned with State Chemical Pile Driver. Then cleaned with State Chemical extractor cleaner and a Mitty HP60 and then extracted again with a white vinegar rinse.

Windows: Cleaned with Stoner`s Invisible Glass and all exterior glass treated with Aquapel.

Before

After

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 99 F350 meets Poorboy`s

I think that you might want to try uploading the links again
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Holy-Moly that is one big truck!!! nice work on it...love the red...how many days did that all take?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that thing was brutal and large...excellent turnaround.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work on the dually. The time invested in the detail was very time consuming but it paid off well. You said that a Metabo was used with the SSR3, is that their new buffer? If so how do you like it? I`m thinking of buying one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Holy-Moly that is one big truck!!! nice work on it...love the red...how many days did that all take?
    I was only able to work on it a couple hours a night on Thurs,Fri and Sat, so about 2 months. If you look at the before pics the leaves on the trees are green and the after pics they are changing color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 9D4E420 View Post
    Nice work on the dually. The time invested in the detail was very time consuming but it paid off well. You said that a Metabo was used with the SSR3, is that their new buffer? If so how do you like it? I`m thinking of buying one.
    Yeah its the new one and I don`t think I like it. For one thing I like a trigger better than an on/off switch and I don`t like the speed control and no varible speed. It is nice and light maybe I just have to get used to it but I think I like my Makita 9227 better.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work It looks dripping wet
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Very nice work It looks dripping wet
    I really like natty`s red and it really popped when I misted it with the cold water and buffed it with a DMT towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Big improvement, nice work!

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work. I`m sure the upkeep will be a lot easier than the restoration that you did.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job.
    Looks awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Those dually`s sure have a lot of surface area. I have only prepped one dually and it seemed like it took forever to do the fenders. So I have an appreciation of how much time that you took to do yout detail.

Your effort should be commended. The truck looks very nice!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feed back.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vwgtivw View Post
    I really like natty`s red and it really popped when I misted it with the cold water and buffed it with a DMT towel.
    Yes, it does pop when spit shined and it seems to pop the most on Reds ..go figure
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information