Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought One of My Dream Cars on Monday... M3

You know, it`s funny how the allure of certain cars overwhelm us. There are certain vehicles that just do it for me... Ferrari F355... Mercedes E55...Porsche 911 Turbo (993 version) etc. When I first read about BMW`s vaunted M3 back when I was about 16 years old, I was captivated by the power, grace, and sexyness of the car. In the 11 or so odd years since then I`ve always paid special attention to M3`s... they`ve always caught my eye, and I`ve definitely felt envious of their driver`s. I was perfectly happy with my G35... it was perfectly clean, fully loaded with navigation, and very much fun to drive. But when I saw this M3 on the `net last week, I knew I was going to have to go drive it. B/c it was in my price range, and seemed to have been well taken care of (low mileage).

Welp... I drove it, listened to the dealers very good offer (which was only about 1 grand over trade in... and they offered me $1,500 more than KBB trade in for my car) and decided to consider it. Over the weekend I pondered over the pros (the power... the look) and cons (space, little backseat). And finally decided to go drive it again, and see what the dealer would do.

After counter offering and haggling a little back and forth, I finally relented, figuring that what with their offer for my car and the low price of the BMW (literally about 4 grand less than the KBB dealer retail price). They threw in tax and tag (this place doesn`t use doc fees or any mumbo jumbo garbage like that) and bam, she was mine.

It`s an `02, Carbon Black Metallic (which looks pitch black in the shade and a deep metallic blue/black color in sunlight), SMG tranny, loaded with every option cept navi and back up assist.

Well here she is freshly detailed today....

** Disclaimer... that isn`t break dust in the pic above, just the wheels showing a little wear and tear in the spokes.

**promise that mat is clean, the lighting got me on that one

I couldn`t be more pleased with this car, it`s an absolute blast to drive. I`m going to add a post in the paint care section showing the swirls the car started out with, and how SSR2.5 tackled them... as well as final after shot with SSR1 and EX-P being the finale.

My Finals:
    Wash: Foam Gun w/ Megs GC
    Wheels: HiTemp wheel cleaner
    Tires: HiTemp tire cleaner
    SSR2.5 via PC with yellow edge 2k pad
    SSR1 via PC with blue edge 2k pad
    EX-P via PC
    Megs Endurance Gel on tires
    Interior: Wipe down with HiTemp APC cut 10:1
    PB Leather Stuff everywhere

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought One of My Dream Cars on Monday... M3

Looks Awsome!! Great car too wish you much luck with it

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! If you don`t mind me asking how much did it set you back? I would like to find a used one in decent condition.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the realization of your dream at an age where you can still appreciate it and enjoy it
    I too used to dream about sporty low to the ground cars, but once your back goes and age creeps up, comfort and ease of entry become the #1 factors
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your purchase. Stunning looking vehicle.

I did an M3 two years ago in Fairbanks. The owner was happy with the detail. We then took it out on the road. We were on the road that comes from Anchorage. About 25 miles from Anchorage. There is a hill that is about six percent grade and several miles long with long gentle curves. Have trasveled it many times at 70 miles an hour in an eighteen wheeler as well as my pickup.

Well he started up this six percent grade going seventy miles per hour. It seemed like an instant and we were going 145 miles an hour. Going up hill. I was impressed to say the least. To be truthful I was frightened out of my mind but strangely excited all at the same time.

Just be careful. It is a whole lot of car.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Congrats on the realization of your dream at an age where you can still appreciate it and enjoy it
    I too used to dream about sporty low to the ground cars, but once your back goes and age creeps up, comfort and ease of entry become the #1 factors
    Thanks much. I hear ya on ease of entry. I`m a bigger dude, built like a football fullback or linebacker and so getting into and out of the car takes a little more effort than I`m used to.

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    Congratulations on your purchase. Stunning looking vehicle.

I did an M3 two years ago in Fairbanks. The owner was happy with the detail. We then took it out on the road. We were on the road that comes from Anchorage. About 25 miles from Anchorage. There is a hill that is about six percent grade and several miles long with long gentle curves. Have trasveled it many times at 70 miles an hour in an eighteen wheeler as well as my pickup.

Well he started up this six percent grade going seventy miles per hour. It seemed like an instant and we were going 145 miles an hour. Going up hill. I was impressed to say the least. To be truthful I was frightened out of my mind but strangely excited all at the same time.

Just be careful. It is a whole lot of car.
    Thanks man. You`re completely right, it is alot of car. The.. hmm, 1st night I had it I flipped traction control off while approaching a 90* turn. Figured I`d see how easy it`d be to drift out of the turn. Ha. The car nearly came all the way around on me. Hehehe. Me thinks I`ll be leaving the traction control on from now on...hahaha. I had it up to 120 in my initial test drive on a backroad highway. In 4th gear. 2 more to go...180mph is on the speedo, and while the car is limited to 155, I bet it could get pretty close to 180 uninhibited.

Thanks again guys.

Post Thanks / Like

BE U TI FUL machine, enjoy it.

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That`s a great car, but I`ve never been a fan of the SMG tranny. Congrats on getting your dream car.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    That`s a great car, but I`ve never been a fan of the SMG tranny. Congrats on getting your dream car.
    Having driven a 6 speed M3 in the past, I think I would have preferred it to the SMG. However, the more time I`ve driven the SMG the more I like it. Its such an unusual transmission, there`s definitely a learning curve involved with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice M3 But the only M3 I`d own has a couple less cylinders...

Beutiful car either way
    Smg is fun isnt it

Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

^e30 m3 is the absolute best. it wont be overthrown. e46 is very nice though and ive come around to liking the smg tranny. just so you know, its only limited in the final gear! so you can get it to around 170 in 5th

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    ^e30 m3 is the absolute best. it wont be overthrown. e46 is very nice though and ive come around to liking the smg tranny. just so you know, its only limited in the final gear! so you can get it to around 170 in 5th

Ha... I didn`t know that. Never driven an E30 before, the E36 was pretty nice

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car,Have fun with it.It looks Great

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zilla
    Thanks much. I hear ya on ease of entry. I`m a bigger dude, built like a football fullback or linebacker and so getting into and out of the car takes a little more effort than I`m used to.
    Me too and even getting in and out of a 330 is an adventure, especially when the owner doesn`t want you to use the outside paint for leverage
    Don`t forget to get some wheel sealant on those wheels or you`ll be doing a lot of extra work to maintain them
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Like Steve said BMWs have about the worst brake dust. So seal them soon!

Great looking car and congrats!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information