Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought One of My Dream Cars on Monday... M3

Quote Originally Posted by gmblack3
    Like Steve said BMWs have about the worst brake dust. So seal them soon!

Great looking car and congrats!
    You`re definitely right, this sucker has massive brakes in general. Dust galore!

Post Thanks / Like

bmw`s stop incredibly well, thus the dusting. just try to use the gears to slow down and only use the brakes sparingly. thats how i drive unless im cutting up some corners hehe.. i use DP wheel glaze, its good stuff, makes them easier to clean

oh and get some black spraypaint and paint the front grills, makes it look much meaner than the chrome, something i will be doing soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    bmw`s stop incredibly well, thus the dusting. just try to use the gears to slow down and only use the brakes sparingly. thats how i drive unless im cutting up some corners hehe.. i use DP wheel glaze, its good stuff, makes them easier to clean

oh and get some black spraypaint and paint the front grills, makes it look much meaner than the chrome, something i will be doing soon
    I use the tranny religiously to slow down...

Post Thanks / Like

congrats man:carbon black metallic is defiantly the way to go with those.

ive had my 335i for a little over a month now, and lemme tell you...PB`s wheel sealant is making my life A LOT easier...even though ive got the 5 spoke sport wheels, so cleaning them was never too tough to begin with...but those e46 m3 wheels definatly dont look fun to clean...although, youre cleaning m3 wheels, so you cant really complain lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2drtahoez71
    congrats man:carbon black metallic is defiantly the way to go with those.

ive had my 335i for a little over a month now, and lemme tell you...PB`s wheel sealant is making my life A LOT easier...even though ive got the 5 spoke sport wheels, so cleaning them was never too tough to begin with...but those e46 m3 wheels definatly dont look fun to clean...although, youre cleaning m3 wheels, so you cant really complain lol.

Oooh a 335i... niiiice. I`m looking forward to driving one of those soon. Yeah, the first cleaning was a xxxxx, but it was a labor of love

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Being an M3 owner myself, I know exactly what you`re talking about. And I think carbon black metallic is a beautiful color. I have also loved the M3 ever since I saw it. Same with the Ferrari 360 Modena. Enjoy the car, I really think it`s the best all around sports car for the money. And I really like the SMG transmission as well though it takes a little bit of time to get smooth with it. I`ve been using Menzerna products for the polishing. I just recently switched from their Full Molecular Jacket as my last step product to Blackfire Wet Diamond. I found this new Blackfire has more depth than FMJ. Anyways, congrats man!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warrent
    Congratulations! Being an M3 owner myself, I know exactly what you`re talking about. And I think carbon black metallic is a beautiful color. I have also loved the M3 ever since I saw it. Same with the Ferrari 360 Modena. Enjoy the car, I really think it`s the best all around sports car for the money. And I really like the SMG transmission as well though it takes a little bit of time to get smooth with it. I`ve been using Menzerna products for the polishing. I just recently switched from their Full Molecular Jacket as my last step product to Blackfire Wet Diamond. I found this new Blackfire has more depth than FMJ. Anyways, congrats man!

Thanks! Hey are those CSL`s 19? I`ve been pondering getting a set

Post Thanks / Like

csl`s are very nice but can i make a recommendation? be different.... no offense but around here at least it seems like evrybody gets CSL`s.get something with a nice machined lip or something

Post Thanks / Like

Yup I totally agree, ever since they made the CSL wheels a factory option, it`s become very played out. I cringe everytime I see one. I got mine when the M3 CSL first came out, and you could not get the wheels here. I waited 6 months on a waiting list to get them imported from Germany. And I enjoyed being one of a very few people who had them in North America. Ah I miss those days haha.

csl`s are very nice but can i make a recommendation? be different.... no offense but around here at least it seems like evrybody gets CSL`s.get something with a nice machined lip or something

Post Thanks / Like

they are hotness, but i like being different

Chris
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new purchase. Keep an eye on the smg and engine though. Two guys we race with have e46 M3`s and both had their engines blow, 02` blew on the street and the 04` blew on the track at Sebring. All 02`s should have replaced engines if I`m not mistaken by now. Personally I would have gone for an e39 M5, love my friends`

Post Thanks / Like

damn, they blew the motors with smg? how?
    the e39 m5 is one of my dream cars along with the e30 m3 and Z3 M coupe. sorry....i go off on bmw love rants once in a while.....time for a drive!

Chris
    Post Thanks / Like

damn, they blew the motors with smg? how?
    the e39 m5 is one of my dream cars along with the e30 m3 and Z3 M coupe. sorry....i go off on bmw love rants once in a while.....time for a drive!
    No, the motor itself has some flaws, supposedly only the 02`s suffered it (and all were supposed to have engines replaced under warrenty) but quite a few people with later years had the same trouble. Only reason I know some of this stuff is when I almost bought an e39 M5 I was checking into the M3 to see what was up after they had those issues. Though I don`t like smg either, or flappy paddles for that matter, didn`t care for the F430`s new F1 system on the track either just to borring with paddles, no involvement. But I`m a little different then normal since I was raised around auto/boat racing my whole life lol.

Zilla - check to see his your 02` had a replced engine, most 02`s if not all should have by now.

Post Thanks / Like

go drive a new vw gti with DSG. its amazing how fast it shifts and that car as a whole its leaps and bounds better than the mk4. flappy paddles come around to you when your trying to get around a track super fast, but of course im a manual owner haha

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking car, have lots of fun with it.

"J"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information