Post Thanks / Like

First detail with PC 7424

Thanks to everyone`s support and advice from this site, this is my first detail using the PC 7424. I`ve gone through many other inexpensive "buffers" on the market and there really is no comparison between the them. Here was the process:
    Wash with Meguiars NXT
    Pinnacle XMT 2 on Light Cutting Pad (orange)
    Poorboys Polish on Light Cutting Pad at speed 6 on tough areas
    Pinnacle XMT 1 on Polishing Pad (White)
    AIO
    Klasse Sealant (2 coats)
    I didn`t like the finish so I put on Poorboys EX-P and Nattys.
    I had trouble with the removal of Klasse Sealant and Nattys Wax. I know the instruction said to use small amounts of product, but I can`t seem to get it to the point of easy removal.
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First detail with PC 7424

sweet job, but my question is what is that evil machine next to the BMW?

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the 1st PC Detail! Car looks great.

Klasse SG is a rough product if you use it wrong. I do a wipe on/wipe off method which works for me. Thin thin thin. Did you apply it with the PC or by hand?? Even though the look of SG is different than othe sealants the durability is great. Anyways good job!
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Great work! The PC is a great tool to work with!

As for the SG. It`s really hard to work with if it`s added on too thick. It needs to be applied really thin, a small haze is all you need.

Now, some say to leave it on for about one hour or even more or to just wipe off right away. A little QD on the m/f towel also helps on the removal.
    2008 Chevy Aveo LS Sedan - Fire Red

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    sweet job, but my question is what is that evil machine next to the BMW?
    My wife`s car is a 1999 BMW, I decided to practice on that car before I worked on the Porsche Turbo just in case :wink:

The Porsche is speed yellow, and I don`t know if it has a clear coat. But I noticed that it never gets as slick as the BMW`s paint. Should I have a different approach to that type of paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    Congrats on the 1st PC Detail! Car looks great.

Klasse SG is a rough product if you use it wrong. I do a wipe on/wipe off method which works for me. Thin thin thin. Did you apply it with the PC or by hand?? Even though the look of SG is different than othe sealants the durability is great. Anyways good job!
    How do you ensure even coverage (even with 2 coats) with Klasse SG? When I tried to apply it thin, it looked like it was streaking. The same with Natty`s, I`m still trying to figure out how get even coverage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs
    Great work! The PC is a great tool to work with!

As for the SG. It`s really hard to work with if it`s added on too thick. It needs to be applied really thin, a small haze is all you need.

Now, some say to leave it on for about one hour or even more or to just wipe off right away. A little QD on the m/f towel also helps on the removal.
    Thanks, I`m still learning, I trying to get the handle of the machine on the edges of panels and next to trim. I want to try SSR1 and 2 next, I know it`s all about technique, but I like the results from using Pro Polish with light cutting pad. What swirl removers do you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by p_dubs
    How do you ensure even coverage (even with 2 coats) with Klasse SG? When I tried to apply it thin, it looked like it was streaking. The same with Natty`s, I`m still trying to figure out how get even coverage.
    That`s a hard thing to tell. Honestly, I can`t tell if there is even coverage on the paint. I apply SG (or wax) to the applicator and then I wipe it onto the paint. Even though you can`t see where you applied it, try to make a mental note where you`ve applied. If you`re unsure, go over the area again, just incase. For Natty`s I do the same thing but thats a little easier to see. I`ll usually do 2 coats of a sealant to increase the odds that I got even coverage.

With the SG, as I said above, I`ll do a WOWO method which works fine or if I have time, I`ll apply it and wait overnight to remove it. If it`s stubborn some QD or I think some people use a damp MF towel to help with removal.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

I have all grits of the Poorboy`s SSR`s! They are fantastic products!

As you are new with them, start off slow! The SSR3 can cause marring if you go too agressive with it! As the SSR3 is the more aggressive than the rest! Play with the different pads and SSR`s and you will find a good match that suits your style!

They carry 1, 2, 2.5 and 3!

Another tip to help with applying SG is to dampen the pad with QD before starting.
    2008 Chevy Aveo LS Sedan - Fire Red

I'm FloridaNative on AG Jen@autogeek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also try putting the SG into a little travel sized spray bottle. Spritz the panel a couple of times and then wipe off. I hope this helps you. The detail looks awesome!! I`d never believe it was your first time!
    Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
    Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, nice job.

I make yo ride bling!! :)
    Post Thanks / Like

i just got my pc a few weeks ago, glad i got it now, i learned to buff with a rotory, so now adjusting to the pc is goin pretty easily for me so far. im exp with diff pads and product right now, but primarily using it for polish after the rotory and applying the lsp. have fun with it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jen@autogeek
    You can also try putting the SG into a little travel sized spray bottle. Spritz the panel a couple of times and then wipe off. I hope this helps you. The detail looks awesome!! I`d never believe it was your first time!
    Thanks Jen, I could not have done it without the helpful advice and the comprehensive and almost obsessive approach of you and all the members in DC. And thanks to Autogeek for providing a one-stop shop for great products and pricing, your company definitely made the whole process easier.

Post Thanks / Like

great job on the detail. the depth is amazing!

i can`t wait to see detailed pics of the porsche.

i have clear lights for the e46 sedan (before the face lift). front and rears that have never been used. let me know if you`d like to buy them.

again, congrats on a job well done!

-mike

Thread Information