Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New addition to the stable

Picked up this little jewel for my wife’s birthday. Bought it from her sister. 20 years old and 27K on the odometer. She sat for a lot of her life. In the process of breathing new life into her. Naturally I started with the paint. Really anxious to get the mechanical items taken care of so I can see what a supercharged V6 can do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New addition to the stable

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Picked up this little jewel for my wife’s birthday. Bought it from her sister. 20 years old and 27K on the odometer. She sat for a lot of her life. In the process of breathing new life into her. Naturally I started with the paint. Really anxious to get the mechanical items taken care of so I can see what a supercharged V6 can do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Beautiful color..... ghost flames?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Beautiful color..... ghost flames?

Thank you. Yes Ghost flames. Definitely really nice paint. I believe it’s House of Colors Real Kandy merlo. I’be become a fan of Scholl’s compounds and polishes lately. S20 Black followed by S40. Topped with SPS Graphene naturally.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

BEAUTIFUL! But where are the before pictures?

Post Thanks / Like

The only one I took. I don’t post many pictures anymore. This was such nice paint and color I wanted to share it.

Post Thanks / Like

How about you share those sweet finished videos I saw on another platform? New addition to the stable

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ride! I`m happy to see the gray factory bumpers are gone..... Much cleaner looking front end without!

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Yes Ghost flames. Definitely really nice paint. I believe it’s House of Colors Real Kandy merlo. I’be become a fan of Scholl’s compounds and polishes lately. S20 Black followed by S40. Topped with SPS Graphene naturally.
    Keep us informed on your use and experiences with Scholl`s Concepts abrasives and pads. Autopian All-Star Merlin uses these abrasives, but I really do not hear a whole lot about them from other Autopians. This is not to imply these products are the best-kept secret in detailing. It is more of "flying under the radar". Where did you purchase your Scholl`s Concept products from??

Is it "legal" in Texas to remove the OEM bumper and replace it with an after-market one that may not meet safety standards for impact and what does your insurance company say about this? Or do they even know?
    It may be an "issue" if you ever get in an accident or worse, the drive or occupants are injured. (Ya, some lawyer-wannabe always dousing the flames of vehicle performance and appearance "enhancements")
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Keep us informed on your use and experiences with Scholl`s Concepts abrasives and pads. Autopian All-Star Merlin uses these abrasives, but I really do not hear a whole lot about them from other Autopians. This is not to imply these products are the best-kept secret in detailing. It is more of "flying under the radar". Where did you purchase your Scholl`s Concept products from??
    I believe that the only place to get the full line of Scholl is Sky`s The Limit Car Care (CarPro USA). Went thru a Scholl`s phase for a bit, S20 and S40 w/ their Spider Pads (Honey, Blue and Purple) very nice stuff. The S20 can be a nice 1-step w/ the Blue (Navy) pad, easy working, good results. One memorable item is that if you buy any abrasives in the 250g bottles and they haven`t changed `em in the last 2 years be prepared to decant into another container. These little bottles have to be THE ABSOLUTE WORST bottle design ever.

New addition to the stable-scholl.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I believe that the only place to get the full line of Scholl is Sky`s The Limit Car Care (CarPro USA). Went thru a Scholl`s phase for a bit, S20 and S40 w/ their Spider Pads (Honey, Blue and Purple) very nice stuff. The S20 can be a nice 1-step w/ the Blue (Navy) pad, easy working, good results. One memorable item is that if you buy any abrasives in the 250g bottles and they haven`t changed `em in the last 2 years be prepared to decant into another container. These little bottles have to be THE ABSOLUTE WORST bottle design ever.

New addition to the stable-scholl.jpg
    You definitely have the container information correct. Fortunately they have changed them. Still have S0, S2, S40 in the old containers. I used S2 Black on this car.Incredible product!! Great cut and left the paint close to LSP ready. I did go over it with the S40 on a yellow Sonax pad. The S40 works better on a stiffer pad. I work it all the way down and the results in this Kai t are stunning! The S0 you definitely want to be careful with. The nickname “sandpaper in a bottle” is no joke. I’ll probably never buy it again but there are specific situations where it comes in handy. I really want to do a little more testing on cut between S2 and S2 Black. As far as finish the results are night and day.
    Well Budget the C8 is ordered. The color is going to be almost identical to this car, happy coincidence. Same color as my Gen 5 Camaro SS. Three months into the wait and I’m guessing 6-9 more. Fortunately I have this and my Camaro to play with in the mean time.

Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is next. Definitely nasty, but quite a bit to work with!

Post Thanks / Like

Well Budget the C8 is ordered. The color is going to be almost identical to this car, happy coincidence. Same color as my Gen 5 Camaro SS. Three months into the wait and I’m guessing 6-9 more. Fortunately I have this and my Camaro to play with in the mean time.
    Looking forward to seeing that and hearing your impressions. I was kinda lukewarm on C8 initially but it looks much better in person; Red Mist metallic is the color you ordered, new for 2021?

I think a Hard Top Coupe would be nice to have in our garage; wife has a hard time w/ the targa on her C7 so it rarely comes off...maybe 3 times since we got it in Spring 2019. I`m still trying to convince her to trade the C7 for a Boxster so she could drop the top at the push of the button but she will never give up her V8 and its torque.

I really love metallic red paint...
    Likes Coatings=crack, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    How about you share those sweet finished videos I saw on another platform? New addition to the stable

can you do videos on here or just the link?

Post Thanks / Like

can you do videos on here or just the link?
    I used to link YouTube videos on here. I think you can still embed them along with vimeo as well.

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information