Post Thanks / Like

Zaino & Souveran Combo

With the exception of the front fender (thanks to some dealer installed swirls), I haven’t polished the Tahoe since last December (a record for me). I’ve been very pleased with Zaino products sitting on top of the Tahoe. Over the months some light marring has built up, but I’m trying to hold off on a full out polishing session until late summer. That said,

I decided to put a carnuba topper on the paint for the rest of the summer (if I can hold out that long). My choice was Souveran. I still have a few unopened jars, and I wanted to compare the look of Souveran vs. Pink Wax. Both look very good IMO. Like most everything detailing, it’s a subjective call to say which one looks better.

Process Used:
    Wash: Z7 & blow dry.
    Seal: Z5Pro/Z8 Mix
    Topper: Souveran & Z6 spit shine.

Here are a few after shots.

I took the family to Washington DC on Friday/Saturday. The weather was great, and we had a ball. Happy 4th of July everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaino & Souveran Combo

Great job on the Tahoe, and great pic of the little one also. Looks like he was having a blast!
    Danny J. Whitehead

Post Thanks / Like

Your picture taking abilities are fast approaching your detailing expertise.

Souveran always looks great. Will be interested in what the truck looks like the next time that you wash it in the summer heat of the east coast. Hope you keep us in formed
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

wow looks really nice, nice work
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Here are a few shots this evening. Black doesn`t show up very well when the sun is going down

I`m planning to hit it with Pink Wax & FX100 tonight (yes, I`m a sick man).

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good with the Souveran on top! I`d change the QD since Z6 is strickly for Zaino and there are far better QD`s for quaility waxes like Souveran.

When I did the Lexus, that was one of my favorite combos! Zaino and Souveran on black can make some blacks a bit muted and some show deep as a black hole!

I`d just stay with the Souveran for now unless it`s washed off, then try the Pink Wax on top of Zaino and see if you feel it`s clearer than Souveran.

My Porsche still has all Zaino on it, and need to do a small repair (lower lip hit curb!) as well as a bit more polishing.

NICE WORK ONCE AGAIN BIG GUY!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    Looks good with the Souveran on top! I`d change the QD since Z6 is strickly for Zaino and there are far better QD`s for quaility waxes like Souveran.

When I did the Lexus, that was one of my favorite combos! Zaino and Souveran on black can make some blacks a bit muted and some show deep as a black hole!

I`d just stay with the Souveran for now unless it`s washed off, then try the Pink Wax on top of Zaino and see if you feel it`s clearer than Souveran.

My Porsche still has all Zaino on it, and need to do a small repair (lower lip hit curb!) as well as a bit more polishing.

NICE WORK ONCE AGAIN BIG GUY!

Regards,
    Deanski

Deanski

Man, Sorry to hear about damage to the lower lip! Ahhh!!!!

You still suck for having such a cherry ride!!!!!!!!!! (LOL/JK)

Here are the QD`s (yes, some are spray wax/QD) that I have in stock.

#425/Sonus/Crystal Mist work well with Souveran, but all things considered (ease of use, looks, non-streaking, etc....), I think Z6 is the best `all around` QD on the market -regardless if you`re using the Zaino system or not (Just my opinion).

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, it does suck that the lower lip got wacked on a curb! I also pulled out the lip on the passenger side last week, but the Armorglove did protect it quite well. Wish I didn`t peel it off, it may have saved the lower lip from that curb rash! At least I picked-up a new GT3 lower lip as those are black matte finish. If I got the original, it only comes primed and I have to shoot paint on that one. Considering I`ll wack this often, I`m going to put the GT3 one on.

I`ll have t post a few pics of my "curb-Rash" lip. Man did that suck big time!

I know, I know, it`s one sick a$$ car, and trust me, I`m paying big-time to keep it! With all those "Sport" options, man did it cost me!

Oh yea, I finally broke through my "Break-In" period of 2K miles! Now I can spin-up the engine the way it was designed to and through the Sport Exhaust, it sounds sweet!!

As for the QD`s, the Clear Pearl, and Sonus works well for Souveran. Not sure to Optimum as I never used it, nor the Blackfire.

Sure, Z6 works great! The new Z8 is even more glossy! Never used them on caranuba though. Wonder if it may wipe some of the Souveran off?

You did one hell of a job with the black and my hat`s off to you! GREAT PICS!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How has OCW been for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Justin30513. I`ve had excellent results with OCW. I like it best on light colors. It looks exceptional on white/silver paint IMO.

Here are the finals.

Natty`s Blue x 1 & clean up with Sonus QD. I didn`t realize how much I missed carnuba! It`s been a while!

Happy 4th of July everyone! It`s time to break out the grill!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

GM black is the best around for a pure shine imo. Every black GM vehicle I`ve ever detailed, regardless of age, has always shown incredible reflections.

Those last pics are incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zilla
    GM black is the best around for a pure shine imo. Every black GM vehicle I`ve ever detailed, regardless of age, has always shown incredible reflections.

Those last pics are incredible.
    Thanks Zilla. I`ve had several black cars/trucks in the garage next to my wife`s black Tahoe. In my eye`s black metallic paint blows ours out of the water. I do agree that black GM paint cleans up well, and has good reflections. I just wish they could get a handle on the OP issues.

Thread Information