Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarDaddy err CarMOMMA`s new ride.

Ordered this puppy a couple months ago. Costco Special Edition Silverado LTZ. There were no real options you could choose other than the color and whether you wanted 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. I chose 4WD.

Costco got with Chevy and outfitted a rather highly optioned Silverado, (including 22" chrome wheels that are not currently offered on Silverado outside this package)Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 20160708_180738.jpg

Of course I went to my parts guy at the dealership and ordered another $2,000 worth of dealer installed options on top of what it already came with.

There will be many many MANY hours buffing and polishing along with coating coming along in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    DetailedReflection@charter.net

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarDaddy err CarMOMMA`s new ride.

Nice !!!

Hope she enjoys.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the "take my money" Silverado package?

Looks good. That would be a fun project. I look forward to reading about it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Nice !!!

Hope she enjoys.
    Thanks Ron! Well actually it`s probably more mine... because she`s afraid to drive it. But I figured I`d best put her name on it for all intent and purposes. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Is that the "take my money" Silverado package?

Looks good. That would be a fun project. I look forward to reading about it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah that is definitely the "take my money" package!!!

The salesman was a little shocked when I said we would just write a check for it... So yeah they definitely took our money.

Do a Google search on Costco Silverado or something along those lines and you will see what all it comes with (which you cannot change when you order it). You can pick the color, and you can pick whatever you want 2 wheel or 4 wheel and that`s it.

Actually it had a price increase from when we ordered it. ($93) Can`t say enough good things about the Costco experience though. It`s at supplier pricing, then they kick in another $1000. THEN after you take delivery you take a Costco survey and get a $1000 Costco card! Winner winner chicken dinner.

She of course wanted the four-wheel drive and she told me that`s what I would need to pull the BASS boat I`ve always wanted. So I very calmly and very quickly thanked her for watching out for me like she does..... wink wink nod nod. Then promptly ordered it in 4-wheel drive!!!!

I am picking up the factory splash guards for it next week that I took and had painted to match, because for some reason they don`t come in Siren red tintcoat. Also picking up how about $600 more worth of options that I did not get when we picked the truck up Friday afternoon.

There will be some sort of project on it show up here... that`s a given. I can say that the hood has more body lines, is divided into more panels, (like 11 or so) than ANY HOOD I`VE EVER SEEN! 🙄
    Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 20160708_185554.jpg
    Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 20160708_185512.jpg

Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail, TuxedoTaurus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Tony! Very nice color. Have fun polishing

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures please
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Need pics of boat next..
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

very cool congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

very nice. love that color!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. Sounds like back ache city though. Lots of real estate to polish.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the color! My next car will likely be a burgundy, have always loved that color. Its just pcked with class!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice truck! I bought a new leftover 2015 crew cab in February in summit white.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys... sorry to be so long getting back here. Was a long weekend fo` sho!

Realized I left out a LOT of the info on the deal we got. Got a new Samsung S7 Edge last Monday (yup... the 4th), plus a new tablet with it (only 99¢) and was trying to put the reply in with my phone. Put a screen protector on it, then ended up with a big ol` Otter Box on it that has ANOTHER protector built-in. Makes it a PITA to type.

ANYwhooooo.... the deal was supplier pricing, BUT, you also stack any factory incentives on top of that, AND Costco kicks in another $1000. After buying, you take a survey from them and get a $1000 Costco card on top of it all. Got well over 9K off all said and done.

Got it home and did IRON-X Snow Foam right off the bat. Hit it once and rinsed, then hit it again. Was surprised at how much iron WASN`T on it considering it came from MI to ATL. Had some reaction, but not bad overall. That`s the good part.....

The bad part is the paint is LOADED with foreign matter that will have to be clayed/Nanoskinned. Forget the baggie test... this thing has roughness you can feel with you FEET! LOL

OTOH... the wheels are clean!

Pulled the tonneau cover off and put WETS on the bed rails, along with the rear bumper and the mirrors. Still need to climb up and get the cowling, and up to the roof and get the sat antenna. Honestly though... I was thinking about putting C4 on it, but it doesn`t need `restoring`, just protecting.

Haven`t had time to start detailing the new one yet though because I`ve been working on CarMomma`s old Denali, getting it ready to sell. At this point I might even just wholesale it and move on. I can say that it`s VERY CLEAN about now. I`ve done the outside, boosted the coating, and now done the interior, brushed, wiped, cleaned, extracted, even used the "Dry Upholstery Tool" on the headliner in a few spots last night. It`s been SO FRIGGIN HOT here lately that I`m losing a couple pounds water weight every time I go out and work on the darned thing.

In between all these things I need to do with getting my Caddy and her Denali ready to sell (well the Caddy is perfect anyhow as it stays wrapped up in the garage) I`ve been having to go back and forth to the lawyers office several times here lately (working on CarMomma`s mothers estate). Had to go back over there today actually. Which of course killed the chance to get any work done on the truck (before it gets mid 90`s) around here.

BOB.... you mentioned back ache brother. OMFG.... I`ve tweaked the SNOT outta` my back.

Still have to install the bed extender tomorrow, drilling required. And for SOME reason Lund thinks that your typical homeowner has a pop rivet gun... for ONLY 4 RIVETS!

The plan however is simple.
    Day 1:
    Foam and decontaminate the paint.
    Buy a new Nanoskin pad for my DA. Between my hand held(s), the old DA one, and the new one I should be able to get the surface contaminates off.
    IRON-X Snow Foam again for good measure.

Go over entire vehicle and make notes of paint problems, use VIF. Plenty of FISO`s. Yes... FACTORY installed swirl option`s. The dealer didn`t even wash it, didn`t even pull the plastic off the seats.... but the paint has it`s share of RIDS and Swirls. Trust me... the VIF will be FULL.
    I`ve taken some paint measurements and they are shocking. Overall it`s from the 80`s to the low~mid 1-teens (in microns). The consistency is.... well.... about that. It may be 85 and a foot away be 103. Overall though (with the exception of the B pillars, back of the front/front of the back doors) there is precious little orange peel to be found.

Day 2:
    Prep and taping day, ESPECIALLY the style lines on the hood. I`ve never, EVER seen a more complicated hood to buff. So many different angle, heights, sharp lines, plus it`s all five feet plus in the air. Likely I`ll try a little wet sanding, 2000 grit there on the doors at the B-pillars.
    Start on the roof and buff, buff, buff, and BUFF. Then move down the back of the cab.
    Coat it after buffing!
    That`ll probably be all I`ll get done in a day before burning up, or dying in pain.

Day 3:
    Start buffing on the front fenders, then the doors working back, both sides, front to back, top to bottom. Much easier to do the sides on this puppy than a car, especially as it`s a 4x4.
    Finish the cab.
    Wipe, prep, and coat.

Day 4:
    Clean the hood of all buffing debris. Time to tackle that puppy. Angles, pockets, sharp edges, something like 11 different sections (or more). Buff and coat, TWICE.
    Buff front bumper (chrome) and coat. (It has some light grease smears from the factory here and there on it that didn`t wash/foam off.)

Day 5:
    Buff bed sides and tailgate. Coat those puppies!
    Coat all glass.
    Install OEM splash guards. Body shop has had them for 2 weeks painting to match. As of today... they STILL were not painted.

Day 6:
    Time to get out early and remove the wheels, 1 at time and get them all coated.
    Apply Opti-Bond to both sides of the tires while they`re off the truck.
    Go inside and cool off, get another ice pack, take a nap.
    Come BACK and get jiggy with the interior and make nice with some Enziett Protectant on the dash, door panels, etc. Break out the detail brushes, fancy swabs and apply plastic/rubber protectant, as well as exterior trim sealant/coating to any/all remaining interior/exterior areas.

Day 7:
    Day of rest.
    Put on a brisket, low-n-slow... eat happy 11 hours later!

Day 8:
    Make funeral arrangements, crawl in a hole and die.
    All this off course (BO is if I can actually get up and DO anything come "Day 1". I know right now I don`t see me getting out of bed till late-thirty. Meds... lots-n-lots of meds see I in the future.
    Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And people say that *I* had my work cut out for me when I bought a black Camaro ... at least your new truck isn`t black!
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes cardaddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    And people say that *I* had my work cut out for me when I bought a black Camaro ... at least your new truck isn`t black!
    Yeah.... about that.

The old saying "If you`re a car nut buying any vehicle is a hobby to keep it maintained, but... buying a black vehicle is a full-time job" would *NEVER * hold as true as it does should I have bought a black truck!!!!! CarDaddy err CarMOMMA`s new ride.

Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information