Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarDaddy err CarMOMMA`s new ride.

Finally got around to breaking out the Nanoskin on the new ride this week. Middle of the week I went up to Lawrenceville and had Hüper Optik ceramic tint installed all around. Went with 40 on the front windows and 70 on the back. Although the 70 is almost clear it did darken them just a scosche but the most important thing is it blocks out and 99% of all the IR heat and it`s amazing at how much cooler it is I mean it is astounding. I also had the guy install xpel ultimate and all the door jambs the threshold to keep dogs from getting scratched up.

It took me a good hour and a half with Nana skin to get all the crap and crud off of it. It`s like it was parked down wind from a shellac Factory in the middle of a Pine Forest on the horizontal panels especially the hood from The Middle on back and the roof especially the front of the roof were horrendous!!!

For now it has Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant on the bed rails the running boards and window trim door trim and bumpers, plus 5:1 PERL on the same thing tonneau cover as well as a couple coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz sealant on it until I can get around to buffing it. Those darn factory installed and dealer installed swirls are driving me bat crap crazy everytime I look at it. LOL

You can see some of my handiwork in the back of the bed where I put a bed mat in it as well as the Bed Extender and then I`ve got a few more goodies I`ve put on the inside and the list keeps growing (but don`t tell CarMomma).

Oh oh oh.... today I picked up the factory/OEM splash guards as from the body shop.

I had to have them painted to match being as they don`t come in this color for some reason. I reckon I`ll be putting those on this weekend. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cardaddy; 07-15-2016 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    DetailedReflection@charter.net
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, enjoy
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

She pretty..
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    She pretty..
    Yeah when you get too old to run women... You start spending all your time with your truck! LOL

Swapped out those measly postage stamp floor mats yesterday for the full coverage WeatherTech versions, actually WeatherTech makes the OEM versions so I went ahead and did OEM front and back. Never did get around to installing the splash guards however. Came home Saturday to a massive lightning strike!!!!
    I`ve got 40+ foot trench across my backyard where it blew the invisible dog fence to bits! I have 2 and 3 inch pieces of HOLLOW insulation all over the yard, then came in and went up and over the shop door to the transmitter and blew it apart. Then of course there are electronics from the basement to the main rack up stairs that are toast.

The cover to the transmitter, over ten feet away. AND IT DOESN`T SNAP OFF!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    DetailedReflection@charter.net

Post Thanks / Like

Hey...my brother from another mother!!
    how have you been Tony? It`s been a while. I started getting so much junk in my email I gave up and created a new account. I figured I would see you on that other site but haven`t. How do you...I mean she....like the truck?? I been doing some cosmetic mods on the Camaro, supposed to take it to Ennis Friday night and see what she does in the 1/4 but I`ve got an Altima to do this week end. And of course it`s black. Hopefully it`s got some of that soft Nissan black paint I heard about. The last black Nissan product I did was a black Infinity and that ended up getting wool on my PE14. Look forward to hearing from you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information