Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: british detail video

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    I don`t think so. I haven`t taken it out of context. Check some of the other forums out there. They all have threads about this video with titles like "best detailer in the world" and "this guy puts us all to shame". Why? Because he use $6000 Zymol BS with his hands? My point is it`s all hype. Like Dwayne said this guy has it going on from a marketing point of view. So start a thread titled "best marketing gimmick around" or "how to convince somebody with more money than brains that they need a $5000 detail so they can stair at there car in the garage why they drink wine". Don`t call this guy an awesome detailer because he is not. At best he is on par with most people here.
    I`m not arguing whether or not he`s the best or he sucks. My point is that the entire point of the show is about CARS. Not DETAILERS. The focus wasn`t to explain why the guy is so great, but to show the cars and the treatment they get, and what their owners will pay to take care of them.

Post Thanks / Like

No matter what sport, activity,job, part of life, when you make a movie someone is going to think your an idiot. Look at pro sports how many people watch and go he said she said type crap. Its inevitable. Ive seen it all over the place, everyone thinks there idea is better regardless of if they want to admit it or not. So heres me chalange for anyone out there. Make your own movie for dc, post it, and we can all have a look. Will go ovver the good and the bad (do i plan on making one no, becasue i dont feel im the end all be all or know everything hell i have alot to learn) but i think it would be fun. So i hope i see you movie soon enough.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

It appears I`m not the only one that thinks this clown in the video is a total joke. http://www.detailersclub.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2278

Post Thanks / Like

One Thing we know for sure in the video the real Pros use a Makita ,so i guess i`m on my way to marketing my own video

I'll bet I can wax that. Leyland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears I`m not the only one that thinks this clown in the video is a total joke. http://www.detailersclub.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2278
    Let`s see your video then.
    Rainbow Detailing
    ...need a wax?

Don't shop at Wal-Mart
    Post Thanks / Like

The point is:

Can YOU get a camers camera to follow YOU around while detailing a car without paying for the crew?

Can YOU get $7500 US dollars to clean a car or $200 US dollars from people to join your client list?

These are the reasons he is being called the king. He is doing something right.
    It doenst matter if he takes the car to a swirl-o-matic car wash, the end result is the end result.

The guys client list is worth a lot more than that bullshiiit $6000 wax.

The wax is just a bragging rights ornament.

Are you this critical of A-Rod and Jeter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leyland
    Let`s see your video then.
    What does that have to do with anything?

Clearly I am wrong. This guy is clearly the greatest detailer ever to grace the face of the earth. I will immediately start a collection to raise funds to clone this extraordinary super duper $6000 Zymol using master of the universe detailer. We must preserve this guy and his skills because all other people are just not comparable to this guy. 1000 years from now they will thank us because his clone will be applying $1000000000000 Galactic Zymol to there spaceships with his bare a$$. Then they will be able to sit in there space ship garages and sip wine while they look at their space ship he detailed for them.

I am grateful for being set straight about this guy. I was obviously blind to his amazing abilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly I am wrong. This guy is clearly the greatest detailer ever to grace the face of the earth. I will immediately start a collection to raise funds to clone this extraordinary super duper $6000 Zymol using master of the universe detailer. We must preserve this guy and his skills because all other people are just not comparable to this guy. 1000 years from now they will thank us because his clone will be applying $1000000000000 Galactic Zymol to there spaceships with his bare a$$. Then they will be able to sit in there space ship garages and sip wine while they look at their space ship he detailed for them.

I am grateful for being set straight about this guy. I was obviously blind to his amazing abilities.
    now this is being blwon out of hand. No one on here once has said he is the greatest detailer in the world, not even the title of the thread is greatest ever. However were sharring out views and expecting to get some opposing views, thats what makes this forum fuin. Yes the wax is a bragging right but if he has the market and can make the money what wrong wit that. Im sure if you could chage 5 grand for a detail and still be booked up you would. i dont think anyone is trying to isult you personly just trying to raise apposing points-that is what makes debate
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: british detail video

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne
    I`d love for him to join Detail City and share his thoughts on marketing a detailing business. Then you guys can get him using two buckets, two Grit Guards in each bucket, 6 sheepskin wash mitts and a foam gun! I bet he would raise his prices if he took his washing up to the next level.

Dwayne
    You might have to pay him to appear on DC :lol
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what.
    I go to work hourse each day, just to detail cars.
    Every day I go it`s tough. I get paid less than what I need to make the business work.
    I do good work, but it isn`t perfect either. I learn more every day. And I hope I can hold on long enough to pull this off.
    I detail every crappy Grand Am and rusty Ford Ranger better than they deserve, hoping that some Minivan Mom has an Enzo in her back yard waiting for my work.
    One day, as I keep going, if I hold on, I`ll be able to charge the change needed to do make a living.

And that guy`s making a living.
    Brenton Dickieson

I'll bet I can wax that. Leyland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Get a grip man. No one here is saying he is the best (at least not saying it and being serious about it). Relax. He is just a working stiff that`s great at hyping his Zymol details and he got some airtime. No need to call him names or anything like that.
    Rainbow Detailing
    ...need a wax?

Post Thanks / Like

So we saw about 10% of his detailing regime. A bit hard to judge based on that. I`m sure he is very, very good at what he does. Not all people with money are idiots. I`m sure they would notice if he was a hack. "Hmm, I paid $5000 for swirl removal and they`re still there. Ooh, but they`re EXPENSIVE swirls... money well spent." Plus, why is everybody freaking out cuz he was washing the car in the sun? I usually try not to wash my car in the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CARTfan
    So we saw about 10% of his detailing regime. A bit hard to judge based on that. I`m sure he is very, very good at what he does. Not all people with money are idiots. I`m sure they would notice if he was a hack. "Hmm, I paid $5000 for swirl removal and they`re still there. Ooh, but they`re EXPENSIVE swirls... money well spent." Plus, why is everybody freaking out cuz he was washing the car in the sun? I usually try not to wash my car in the rain.

You go pay $5000.00 for a detail and see if you feel you got your moneys worth.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question. Is it safe to move the clay back and forth as fast as he was moving it? Im still kinda new with using clay, and move pretty slowly. Can I do it like he was,.......and it will be safe and effective.

Thoughts,.....comments,.........advice,........... .......thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West6MT
    I have a question. Is it safe to move the clay back and forth as fast as he was moving it? Im still kinda new with using clay, and move pretty slowly. Can I do it like he was,.......and it will be safe and effective.

Thoughts,.....comments,.........advice,........... .......thanks.
    Moving the clay quickly or not isn`t an issue. The amount of pressure you apply can be.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information