Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: british detail video

I only work on Maybach`s myself -
    You have activated my special ability....

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    Regarding the Zymol Vintage; it costs about $1500 in the states, has free refills for life, and yes, you are supposed to apply it by hand, no applicator.
    I think that`s actually Zymol Royale Glaze. For some reason it`s not listed on Zymol.com, but I did find it here:

http://www.autosupermart.com/store/shop/zymol00123.html

It costs $7K+. You can tell he`s not using Vintage because Royale comes in a double tub and Vintage is only a single tub of wax.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.zymol.com/vintage2.htmIt is Vintage its $1900 free refills.

Post Thanks / Like

I taked to Zymol on the hphone today and they said he uses both (ti also says on his web site) you can buy the royal in n.a but itsnot listed on the site, however it is listed on the ukl site, so check there. And as to the reason that his producst are so expesive is becasue zymol which only comes in the samll containors. For example the the hd celasner (which they say you need) only comes in a 8.5 and 16 oz bottle. The 16oz is about 40 bucks and lasts on 2-3 cars. So when u says its 55 pounds for 5 gallons its becasue they dont come any bigger then personal use size.

Also i noticed someone asked hwta kind of sponge he is using, again zymol lol.
    Also as it was mentioned you haev to apply it by hadn, as ive mentioned before its bcasue when you wax you are melting a thin layer on your paint, so when you use your hands you heat up the wax better then if you used an aplicator pad, its a pretty cool system. After exams i plan on doing an experminet with anttys. Applying by hand and applying with an aplicator. Ill see how it goes (although with certain waxes it porbley wont make a diffrence)
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

That video and the clown in it are IMO exactly what is wrong with most people and detailing. The whole thing was product not process. He spent most of the time bragging about how expensive the products were. BS IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    That video and the clown in it are IMO exactly what is wrong with most people and detailing. The whole thing was product not process. He spent most of the time bragging about how expensive the products were. BS IMO.

I think alot of that show might be becasue hes on tv. It dosent make god tv when somone goes i have wheel cleaner. it makes better tv when someone says i have wheel cleaner that costs me 75 pounds. Thast what people want to see. Also i dont like lots of the methods he uses however he seasm to be very sucsefull adn i dontthink someone would get a million dollar car detailed (even if they know nothing) it was damaging there paint. I dont agree with lots but he has built a system that works very well for him. If his customers are satisfieds and he can afford to put food on the table hes done somthing right
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

I went out on a job this morning with Troy to detail a Caddy and I couldn`t help but tell Troy how much everything I was using costs:

"Going to apply a coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant at $20+ a bottle with my $3.00 German applicator. The paint on this car isn`t cheap so I have to be very careful."

Seriously, I think this guy has it going on. Critique his technique if you will but make sure you learn from his business plan. Do you think he ever hears something like this?

"Larry`s Auto Detailing down the street said they will only charge me $50 for a complete detail, in and out! Can you match his price?"

Bah! He would laugh off such a request. His time is valuable and his clients are happy to pay for his work. He has clients that sit in their garage with a glass of wine just staring at the car after he has performed his magic. Not only that, but he also is bringing respect and prestige to the auto detailing profession. I`d love for him to join Detail City and share his thoughts on marketing a detailing business. Then you guys can get him using two buckets, two Grit Guards in each bucket, 6 sheepskin wash mitts and a foam gun! I bet he would raise his prices if he took his washing up to the next level.

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like

perhaps an e-mail to him (im sure its listed on his site) telling him this site exists may do the trick. Its always ncie to have more people with diffrent opions her. I know i have a few questions to ask him like how to get started, and did he start with zymol, was that an extra latter. I think it would be intresting to talk to him. See how to make 5g a detail
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    You`ve taken that piece of the show completely out of context. This is an excerpt taken from an hour long show. The whole point of the segment was to see what some people pay to have their supercars worked on to talk with someone lucky enough to be around those cars.

I`d suggest you watch the entire show. He was ASKED to give all that information.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/284721

Post Thanks / Like

wicked thnkx for that last post more video for me to watch lol, now i can watch the whole thing 15 times
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne
    I`d love for him to join Detail City and share his thoughts on marketing a detailing business. Then you guys can get him using two buckets, two Grit Guards in each bucket, 6 sheepskin wash mitts and a foam gun! I bet he would raise his prices if he took his washing up to the next level.
    You hit the nail on the head. He should incorporate the most meticulous techniques known to man, hype the hell out of them--as they truly do measure up to it, and then I wouldn`t be surprised if he could get double what he already does. People already enchanted by what he does who observe and learn about the above and beyond techniques would really be head-over-heels!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah like lifestyles of the rich and famous back in the day

"he`s using a sponge that costs ten thousand dollaaaars..and washes only with Evian at a cost of six thousand dollaaaars..and if you think that is expensive, the prince of munni munni drives a brand new rolls every day at the staggering cost of two hundered and eighty thousand dollaaaars a day!! I`m Robin Leach and your not!"

if you drive a 250,000 dollar car you need to feel like it requires a $4000 detail..that`s why I drive an oldsmobile - paid off and poorboy`s all the way!
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heffergm
    You`ve taken that piece of the show completely out of context. This is an excerpt taken from an hour long show. The whole point of the segment was to see what some people pay to have their supercars worked on to talk with someone lucky enough to be around those cars.

I`d suggest you watch the entire show. He was ASKED to give all that information.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/284721

I don`t think so. I haven`t taken it out of context. Check some of the other forums out there. They all have threads about this video with titles like "best detailer in the world" and "this guy puts us all to shame". Why? Because he use $6000 Zymol BS with his hands? My point is it`s all hype. Like Dwayne said this guy has it going on from a marketing point of view. So start a thread titled "best marketing gimmick around" or "how to convince somebody with more money than brains that they need a $5000 detail so they can stair at there car in the garage why they drink wine". Don`t call this guy an awesome detailer because he is not. At best he is on par with most people here.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heffergm
    You`ve taken that piece of the show completely out of context. This is an excerpt taken from an hour long show. ...
    Ya think? It does not even appear to be intended as an instructional (how-to) video. The post...post production piece of video is the equivalent of a cut and paste. We don`t see his process start to finish. And we don`t see an accurate rendering of the condition of the vehicle he is working on in this piece. On my monitor it doesn`t appear even minimally dirty, so all that he did may have been for the programming purposes only. The pricing commentary especially seems to be for the show`s purposes only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    Ya think? It does not even appear to be intended as an instructional (how-to) video. The post...post production piece of video is the equivalent of a cut and paste. We don`t see his process start to finish. And we don`t see an accurate rendering of the condition of the vehicle he is working on in this piece. On my monitor it doesn`t appear even minimally dirty, so all that he did may have been for the programming purposes only. The pricing commentary especially seems to be for the show`s purposes only.

You don`t see that video for the hyped BS that it is? I don`t care how it was shot or what context it is in. The bottom line is that guy is not worth the money. There is no value there. For that kind of money the cars he details better be ready for a 1st place finish at a concours show. People see the price he charges and the price of the products he uses and think he is some super detailer. His video proves he is not.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information