Post Thanks / Like

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

THe day before Thanksgiving I tried helping my bro detail his new car, a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. WE didn`t have a lot of time because we were expecting family and we needed to go out and get beer before the family showed up. He washed it and dried it and then I was going to show him how to use my PC but he didn`t want to so I ended up doing it all. He wanted me to get some swirls out (see pic below) but they didn`t come out and he wasn`t patient enough with me. Like I said, he`s not patient at all so we just did a quick job with SSR1, EX and then topped with Natty`s. He was happy with the car but couldn`t understand why I wasn`t. He just wanted a good coat of wax since where he lives, there is a lot of snow and won`t be able to wash his car very much besides maybe a quicky at the DIY power washer.

Process:
    -Washed with POS BLue Coral soap (used 1/4 of the bottle just to get good suds)
    -dried with WW
    -SSR1 via PC and polishing
    -EX via PC with finishing
    -topped with Natty`s (my bro loved this stuff because it came off so easy and he loved the smell....he asked if it came in spray form since the jar was so small for his big hands and applicator pad) Poorboy..possibility of Natty`s in a bigger jar like OTC waxes do, or even spray form??
    -Meguiars Endurance gel on tires
    -Rims spit shined with S&W with MF

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Do you think those swirls will come out without a problem with SSR2.5 with a polishing pad or a light cutting pad? I`m ordering SSR2.5 for Christmas so hopefully he will give me a chance at getting them out then. If not, I dont know how to get them out or would a rotary be the next tool?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

2.5 should get just about all of those.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A yes GM paint. Gotta love it. SSR 2.5 will hopefully be able to remove a good majority of those. Car looks very good in the first pic!!

Greg

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

SSR 2.5 should get most out with a PC . You can try both pads . Some people say they get better results with a polishing pad when using 2.5 and 1 . It`ll take a couple of passes but most will come out.

When you wash or use detail spray use back and forth strokes instead of circles. The swirls wont show up so much.

Nice looking GT by the way.
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!!!

Looks good. I have used blue coral car wash and I got suds fine????

Not sure what was wrong with yours!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlakeNS
    Nice work!!!

Looks good. I have used blue coral car wash and I got suds fine????

Not sure what was wrong with yours!
    Its not as thick as the car washes I have used in the past and I think the heat has something to do with it. I got the stuff either last Christmas or the year before and I`m just now getting to use it. It was stored in my truck toolbox just about the whole summer because I didn`t want to pack it away with all the other stuff when we moved to this new house. It was VERY HOT this summer here in Myrtle Beach so I think the heat did something to it. I"m still trying to use up all my car wash soap from the past 2 Christmas`s. It seems like I get 2-3 jugs every Christmas and I was away at college and didn`t get to wash my truck or the parents cars on a regular basis so they just kept stacking up. I still have 2 giant jugs and a regular size jug to use so car wash is not on my Christmas list this year!

Thanks everyone for the tip on getting the swirls out. SSR2.5 is on Santa`s list this year :yes:

Thread Information