Addicted 2 Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like

00 Mustang GT Convert.

So used the same as usual, wash, pinnacle clay, paintwork cleansing polish, Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant, then crystal mist. Didn`t have time to put Souveran on. The interior was filthy as hell. Paint was kinda dull and a bit faded. The easiest part was tryin to get the white leather cleaned. LOL What`s a good product to use to clean the convert. top with??? Thanks, enjoy. First 2 pics are before and last ones are after.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 00 Mustang GT Convert.

It depends on if the top is fabric or if it is made of vinyl. 303 is just great stuff to get familiar with. Anytime someone asks a question on cleaning there is almost always a 303 product mentioned somewhere. There`s a good reason for that.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Job Travis!!

Greg

Boss_429

Oh no! Another great looking Stang! You guys are killing me!

Great job and "sweet" ride man!

Addicted 2 Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks Jngrbrdman I will try that, only had 303 protectant, since I dont own a convert....thanks again

Seduced by the Dark Side wjlane's Avatar
    Wherever the Army sends me. Currently: Fort Rucker, AL
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see another Stanger! Great job.
    1999 SVT Mustang Cobra
    602 HP/513 ft-lbs (engine)
    512 HP/436 ft-lbs (wheels)
    Dyno proven!
    See it here

Post Thanks / Like

Travish316. Nice ride ... I have the same ride ...Black with a Black Roof and Graphite Interiror.

Anyway .. my real reaso for responding .. Best way to get that roof back to top notch.!

1. It is in fact a Vinal Roof. (only mustangs that came with a cloth top were the 03/04 cobras maybe evne 01s but not sure.

How to get that back to new

I have a spray bottle that I have mixed up 1/2 Meguires Gold Class Car wash, and 1/2 water.. its a pretty thick solution. I fill a bucket w/ car wash (Meguiers gold class car wash) and a very very soft bristled brush ...

I wet the roof. spray a section at a time with the Spray bottle I mentioned above and start scrubbing the roof and making sure to scrub the roof good. I do the roof in about 3 foot sections.

I let the roof dry for about 2 hrs ... (also make sure to put the roof down after the 2 hrs and clean under the rear trim (you will see where im talking about when you put the roof down)

Next step is protect. I prefer 303 protectant. However you can use other products IE: Poorboys Natural look although I have found you have to be very carefull not to apply too much other wise you will see oil all over your car after the first rain. I apply this using an old terry cloth wax aplicator I had .. it works great to get into the little nooks and crannies.

After applying protectant of choice allow to sit for 2 hrs or so. come back with a terry cloth and buff off one last time. Also you may want to Re apply protectant a week later this way you can assure full coverage as well full protection. Once your done your roof will bead water up like your car!

Some other Mustang Tips.
    1. Poorboys Trim restorer works wonders on Mirorrs, Cowel, black hood trim and side vents, and grill.
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Thread Information