Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystic Cobra

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mystic Cobra

1996 Cobra with the Mystic factory paint. This car has 60,000 miles and some nice drivetrain mods. The chrome Saleen wheels are my favorite touch.

After washing with Spray & Wipe, we polished the car with SSR2.5 and a polishing pad on my PC. We then used PwC with a polishing pad. We sealed with EX followed by a coat of Natty`s.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mystic Cobra

That looks like that two stage paint that turns different colors in various sun lights, is that right? I can’t remember how to spell it.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

looks great, those things are fast.

Post Thanks / Like

The "Mystic" paint is what Ford calls the paint that changes colors. Depending on light/angle it looks purple, green, or bronze/orange.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the 3rd & 4th shots! Nice work man, that`s a great looking car too!

What speed did you use on the PC for the SSR2.5 and PwC?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought mine new in 96! It`s got 14,500 on the clock-and is a pain in the butt to keep the swirls and cob webbs out of the paint--Story is--If you get hit or screw up the paint--you have to have it custom mixed by SVT and that it cost some major bucks--I usually let it set for that reason--lol--I still have the plastic on the carpet. Fun car--But know where near the power of the 2003 supercharged Cobras. :beer --holding out for the 2007! supposed to be one mean snake!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Ride!!

14,500 Miles on it... and I thought I had low miles on my Mustang .. (2000 GT Vert with 32k on it) what do you put like 100 miles on a year?

Funny story about "Ford Mystic Chrome Paint" Suposedly Ford was the first company to ever use this paint. Whatever the case may be ..The only time that you could get either touch up paint of if the car was involved in an accident and even then it required a rep from SVT to come down and inspect and they would then order the appropriote amount of paint!

The dealership my brother used to work for went through this whole process... However they ended up having Extra paint. So my brother had them Paint his Kawasaki Wave Runner Painted Mystic Chrome. He also Has a Pool stick Mystic chrome!
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

MGM-For the SSR2.5 I used speed 4 to spread and 5.5 to work in. I used speed 4 for the PwC. I only did one pass with the SSR2.5. The car needs to be clayed and it needs several more passes of SSR2.5 to get up to DC standards. But I was happy and so was my buddy.

It`s my buddies car. Before he purchased it used last month, the car had been pretty neglected although not driven too, too much. It had probably received a turtle waxing 2 or 3 times in it`s nine year life and was parked outside under trees.

I`m glad you guys are enjoying the pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice snake very purdy....
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Boss_429

Your buddy must be very pleased. It looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve only got 18k on mine and it`s a 91. I finally finished up some paint work on it and it`s going on the road Friday!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

lets seem some pics of the girl holding the baby in the reflection in the first pic! She looks hot from what I can tell

Post Thanks / Like

good reflection man....i love dark colored cars.

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great looking car. I saw that paint scheme on a Mustang a few weeks ago at a Mustang show in Little Rock. It was well taken care of too and that paint looks awesome in person.

Great job on the detail. I`m sure that paint isn`t easy to care for. It looks like you have really put some hours into the shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jug Head
    I bought mine new in 96! It`s got 14,500 on the clock-and is a pain in the butt to keep the swirls and cob webbs out of the paint--Story is--If you get hit or screw up the paint--you have to have it custom mixed by SVT and that it cost some major bucks--I usually let it set for that reason--lol--I still have the plastic on the carpet. Fun car--But know where near the power of the 2003 supercharged Cobras. :beer --holding out for the 2007! supposed to be one mean snake!
    actually, your shop that will be painting you car will have to buy it from bosch...... and then register the paint with the SecretService. While your painter is painting the car.........an agent will be watching your painter paint your car. This is only on the `96 mystic......the `04`s paint is different.

Pat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information