Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country Hybrid Aggressiveness Pad Chart

Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Pads

Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Ultra Performance Pad are made from all new, exclusive state-of-the-art foam compositions. Hybrid foams are super dense foams that delivery incredible polishing power while achieving a high-quality swirl free finish. Due to high density hybrid foam, these pads are long-wearing and maintain their shape through many uses. Hybrid Power Finish pads do a remarkable job at transferring the motion of a polisher to the paint with minimal absorption. The result is your orbital polisher will deliver a more powerful cut while remaining safe.

Each foam pad features a 45 degree bevel around the edge that allows constant pressure across the surface.

Benefits:

• HIGH DENSITY FOAM- Exclusive pre-polymer European foam formulations provide outstanding polishing power while delivering an great finish.
    • MINIMAL DISTORTION- Orbital motion of DA polishers is delivered to the paint and no absorbed in the pad delivering maximum cutting power with all polishers.
    • 45 DEGREE BACK-CUT- Perfectly mounts backing plate and distributes force across the entire face of pad while maintaining safety.

Autopia-CarCare.com offers Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Ultra Performance Pads in the following foam formulas. The Hybrid Power Finish system is also available with a heavy cut purple wool pad.

• Orange Heavy Cutting Foam – This hybrid foam pad provides the level of cut expected from a foam cutting pad, but finishes like a foam finishing pad! It removes most paint imperfections and leaves a finish that is nearly wax ready.
    • Blue Light Cutting Foam – This light cutting pad features super dense construction which enables it to remove defects quickly without compressing, like softer pads can.
    • White Polishing Foam – The white hybrid pad features very dense foam. Use this pad to remove light imperfections, apply a light polish, cleaner wax, and any jobs for which you`d use the standard Lake Country white polishing pad.
    • Black Finishing Pad – This pad provides no mechanical cutting ability but thanks to its dense foam, it provides superior control while polishing. It features super soft foam, which makes it ideal for finishing polishes, waxes, sealants, and glazes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Hybrid Aggressiveness Pad Chart

Note: Compared to other Lake Country charts, this chart has an additional level of aggressiveness. This is because the Orange Hybrid Power Finish pad is the most aggressive polishing foam pad from Lake Country. The Blue Hybrid Power Finish pad is slightly less aggressive than the standard yellow formula.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great chart Todd.

Any chance of getting one chart will all of the LC foam types on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

+1.

For customers, LC`s marketing antics are the stuff of legend. I like their pads and 90% of my pads are LC pads, but... It is EXTREMELY difficult to choose the correct pad based on their marketing hype! I never believe any of the promotional hype, and depend on my and other users` experience.

I strongly believe that there should be an overall chart showing EVERY LC pad, it`s cutting ability, and its primary use. I`ll still buy based on independent user reviews, but at least the chart would be a starting point. It will help clear up the massive confusion.

Dan.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Yes

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd for the Chart of the new L/C pads. Great job !

How different are these new pads than the old Lake Country Hydro-Shreds - I mean-Hydro-Tech Pads ?

Are these pads an improved version of the old Hydro pads then, as they seem to have almost the exact marketing hype ?

Are these new pads only for Random Orbitals and NOT Rotaries ?

As I painfully recall, the first Hydro`s came out with much fanfare and almost immediately all the Blue Cyan`s were shredding, remember?

For just a short time, the Sellers were replacing them, and after awhile, everyone just quit listening to us out here telling them about the shredding issues. It was like Lake Country just decided to ignore us.

Have these pads been actually tested in real world Detailing conditions, where feedback was taken from those using them on a daily basis in their business? I was never asked to test them and I Detail vehicles all year as do many that frequent this Site.

Hoping these "new" versions have a better track record than the previous..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I still have not seen many reviews and I do not know LC sent many out for pre-review. If they did, not many have reported much about them. If they would do like Meguiars and get feedback from pro`s to provide feedback at launch it would help.

LC should sponsor some giveaway in exchange for reviews or something.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Thanks Todd for the Chart of the new L/C pads. Great job !

How different are these new pads than the old Lake Country Hydro-Shreds - I mean-Hydro-Tech Pads ?

Are these pads an improved version of the old Hydro pads then, as they seem to have almost the exact marketing hype ?

Are these new pads only for Random Orbitals and NOT Rotaries ?

As I painfully recall, the first Hydro`s came out with much fanfare and almost immediately all the Blue Cyan`s were shredding, remember?

For just a short time, the Sellers were replacing them, and after awhile, everyone just quit listening to us out here telling them about the shredding issues. It was like Lake Country just decided to ignore us.

Have these pads been actually tested in real world Detailing conditions, where feedback was taken from those using them on a daily basis in their business? I was never asked to test them and I Detail vehicles all year as do many that frequent this Site.

Hoping these "new" versions have a better track record than the previous..

Dan F
    Hybrid foams use a open-celled technology where as Hydro-Tech foams use closed-cell technology. So right off the bat these foams are completely different (chemically).

The foam used in the Hybrid foam pads is exclusive to Lake Country. That is you cannot find the same foam sourced by another manufacturer. It is extremely long wearing.

No, the foams are no for DA only, they work great on a rotary. They are a denser foam with less `give` so I would personally recommend using them with a flexible backing plate.

I was not involved in any pre-production testing of these pads other than the fact that I, several years back, had suggested the idea of a 45 degree back-cut bevel instead of the the traditional in-and-up bevel that has been around. However I am not suggesting it was my idea or I had any part in that concept, other than it was just an idea that sprouted from my brain during a phone conversation.

Having worked at two companies that have sold the Cyan pads (and a large number of them at that) I can attest that the actual number of complaints and returns is quite small. We still sell a ton of the Cyan pads and a lot of satisfied customers. Like anything else though, some products just fit people differently.

Hope all is well Dan!

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the way the HT pads perform over the Hybrid pads. Cyan`s durability isn`t the greatest, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I like the way the HT pads perform over the Hybrid pads. Cyan`s durability isn`t the greatest, though.
    What are differences, and what don`t you like Mark? I was interested in these for my 3401.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What are differences, and what don`t you like Mark? I was interested in these for my 3401.
    The hybrid pads are good pads, don`t get me wrong, I`d just rather use 3 pads that cover just as broad of an range instead of 4. After a lot of use, I don`t feel the 45 degree bevel cut feels well balanced with the 3401. Lots of wobble, IMO. The foam is very nice, though.

As a matter of fact I don`t really use the Cyan pads anymore. If I need more cut than Tangerine/M105, I`ll go straight to MF.

Post Thanks / Like

Never mind I found it.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Never mind I found it.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone post up the link for the Lake Country Wool & Foam Polishing Aggressiveness Chart comparisons. It has all the LC pads listed in a vertical format and it`s in a bar chart format. I have a slightly older version without the newer yellow hybrid pad included. Thanks everyone.

Thread Information