Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country CCS Pad Aggressiveness Chart

Lake Country CCS (colapsed cell structure) Foam Pads

Background of CCS Technology™

Conventional foam pads absorb polish too quickly. This reduces polish and pad performance because most of the polish is trapped below the working surface of the pad. CCS technology™ solves this common problem using strategic patterns of partially closed foam cells.

Benefits:

• SLOW RATE OF POLISH ABSORBTION - Enhances polish performance.
    • IMPROVES OPERATOR CONTROL - CCS pockets gradually release polish as needed by the operator.
    • PREVENTS PAD SKIPPING - CCS pockets reduce surface tension allowing operator to run pad flat on working surface.
    • CREATES LESS HEAT - CCS pockets reduce surface contact resulting in less friction generated heat.
    • OEM APPROVED - OEM tests confirm CCS pads out-perform convoluted pad designs.

U.S. Patent #:7,906,051

Autopia-CarCare.com offers Lake Country CCS Foam Pads in the following foam blends.

• Yellow Cutting Foam - Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth.
    • Coarse Green Cutting/Polishing - This foam is of medium density with the ability to level very fine scratches and very light oxidation. Use light swirl removers with this pad.
    • Orange Light Cutting Foam - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.
    • White Polishing Foam - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.
    • Green Polishing/Finishing Foam - Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.
    • Gray Finishing 6.5 inch Foam Pad - Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.
    • Blue Finessing Foam – Pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. Flat pad provides full contact with paint surface to minimize the pressure applied by the user.
    • Red Ultrasoft Wax/Sealant Foam - This soft, imported foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability.
    • Super Soft Gold Jewelling Foam - The CCS Super Soft Gold Jewelling Pad is made of Lake Country`s softest foam. Use the gold pad to apply a very fine polish or glaze as the final step of the polishing process. Jewelling is the term coined for this step because it intensifies gloss and reflectivity, like a jewel. The gold foam pad also works well for wax and sealant application.

Additional Reading:
    Lake Country Hydro-Tech Pad Aggressiveness Chart
    Lake Country Kompressor Pad Aggressiveness Chart
    Last edited by Todd@RUPES; 05-10-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    Likes newtows4thlaw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country CCS Pad Aggressiveness Chart

WOW! Another chart for me to print out. Thank you for putting this together. I`ll file it behind my Blackfire chart.

The one thing I`ve learned is that polishing my black car, by hand, just doesn`t cut it (pun intended) so now it looks like I will have to get serious and purchase a DA with a 5" or 6" backing plate. Does this ever end?

Thanks,
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SP4449 View Post
    WOW! Another chart for me to print out. Thank you for putting this together. I`ll file it behind my Blackfire chart.

The one thing I`ve learned is that polishing my black car, by hand, just doesn`t cut it (pun intended) so now it looks like I will have to get serious and purchase a DA with a 5" or 6" backing plate. Does this ever end?

Thanks,
    Jim
    in one word.......nope

Post Thanks / Like

Many times there`s so much information for many to absorb especially for new comers. I`ve lost track of how many times I`ve listened to members having their heads spinning trying to makes sense of it all.

Another fantastic thread Todd!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Many times there`s so much information for many to absorb especially for new comers. I`ve lost track of how many times I`ve listened to members having their heads spinning trying to makes sense of it all.

Another fantastic thread Todd!
    My pleasure!

Post Thanks / Like

Todd have you ever thought of having a forum section dedicated to these type of charts for easy reference and making them stickies ? Mabey for this one and the one you did for menzerna etc.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

i cant find the thread with the one that talks about pores per inch. can anyone link me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Todd have you ever thought of having a forum section dedicated to these type of charts for easy reference and making them stickies ? Mabey for this one and the one you did for menzerna etc.
    Maybe a thread with a list? I can do something like and make it a sticky.

Post Thanks / Like

that will be great. i still cant find the one u did with the pores per inch.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd,

Nice chart. Now how about one for the hybrid pads?

Thanks,

Dan.

Post Thanks / Like

How do the Hydro-Tec pads compare or fit in to this chart?
    I have only used the HT pads but was wondering if I should pick up a couple of the yellow flat pads for more correction ability.

Thanks
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the euro green has more potential cut due to the stiffer structure compared to the white?

where does the purple compressor fall in?

Post Thanks / Like

The purple Kompressor has more cutting power than the yellow foam. IME, it is more aggressive than the purple wool pad as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    that will be great. i still cant find the one u did with the pores per inch.
    Let me look for that for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sundaze View Post
    How do the Hydro-Tec pads compare or fit in to this chart?
    I have only used the HT pads but was wondering if I should pick up a couple of the yellow flat pads for more correction ability.

Thanks
    Dave
    Dave, I just built a separate Hydro-Tech pad chart after reading your post. Here is a link to it: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...tml#post433841

I will do another for a Kompressor Chart (as time allows), then make a massive chart, for the forum only, that has all of the LC foam pads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information