Post Thanks / Like

Smile Washing a School Bus with Blackfire and Montana

Early this morning a co-worker of mine kindly asked me to wash her Ford Expedition EL. It`s a 2008, all black, with the 20" aluminum wheels and all-season Pirelli tires. Let me tell you, this thing is not your typical run-of-the-mill sport utility vehicle, it`s a school bus that`s painted black. While most people think EL stands for "Extra Leather", it actually stands for "Extra Long." How many vehicles on the road today indicate their extended size by a badge placed on the tailgate? I think the EL badge is a warning for bystanders not to park next to this three-ton mass of Detroit iron.

I agreed to wash her school bus under one condition: I get to use whatever products I want. She was cool with that, as she knew I would only choose the highest quality shampoo, wash tools, and towels to complete the job. I grabbed a 5-gallon bucket and headed down the Blackfire isle.

I started with the Blackfire 5 Gallon Wash Bucket System with Dolly, along with a bottle of the Blackfire Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner.

Helpful Tip: While suds are great, you can avoid getting overwhelmed with them if you fill your bucket up with water first. If you add the shampoo first, and then fill the bucket with a strong jet of water, the suds will activate immediately causing the suds to take over and make your bucket look full, although it will only have about a gallon of actual water in it. This method allows you to get the most out of your shampoo.

Blackfire Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner is a highly concentrated formula. It only takes an ounce or two for 3-4 gallons of water.

After you add the shampoo to the bucket, secure the cap tightly and hide the bottle from friends or family who may be tempted to wash their car with it.

Helpful Tip: To avoid jealous friends or family, give them a bottle or two of that "other stuff". Although the "other stuff" may not meet your requirements for a high quality shampoo, it will surely make them happy.

Using the Grit Guard Insert, swish the shampoo and water around to activate the suds and to ensure the shampoo is properly mixed.

Blackfire Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner provides thick, luxurious suds for safe, swirl free washing.

The sun is hiding behind a cloud, the temperature was slowly rising, and I didn`t want to be outside all day washing this beast. Not a problem, as I was prepared to wash the Expedition in the fastest way possible with my trusty 10" Montana Boar`s Hair Car Wash Brush. Not only that, but I also brought along the extension handle for all those hard to reach spots like the roof.

Helpful Tip: While most people are unsure about dragging a brush across their vehicle`s delicate finish, the Montana brush is made of natural boar`s hair that when used properly, is a safe, effective means of washing the vehicle. To ensure no swirls or marring is induced into the paint while washing, use a high quality shampoo and let the brush soak in the wash bucket for about five minutes before getting started. It`s also ideal to have a separate rinse bucket with an additional Grit Guard Insert to prevent cross-contamination of your wash water.

If you`re washing a Mini Cooper using the Montana Boar`s Hair Car Wash Brush, you might think; "What`s so great about this thing?" Well, a Mini Cooper isn`t a 20 foot long, 6 foot tall, 6-ton sport utility vehicle like Expedition EL. Use it once on something this large, and you will never go back to a wash mitt or sponge ever again.

Helpful Tip: No need to put pressure on the brush while washing. Let the weight of the brush do the work for you.

Blackfire Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner features a high lubricity formula for safe, swirl free washing.

If you`re a short guy like me, the Montana Boar`s Hair Car Wash Brush makes washing a massive vehicle like the Expedition EL so much easier.

Before I knew it, the Expedition was sparkling clean and ready to dry. Because I was on a roll washing the truck in such a speedy manner, while still using quality products and proper technique, I wanted to continue this trend and avoid using any drying towels. Hmmm, if I only had a dual-motor, 8.0 peak horsepower steel constructed blower that was designed for the sole purpose of drying a vehicle without the use of any drying towels.

Oh wait, I do! It`s called the Master Blaster, and it`s manufactured by the Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner Company

To be continued.

Blackfire Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner
    Montana Boar`s Hair 10" Car Wash Brush
    Blackfire 5 Gallon Wash Bucket System with Dolly

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Washing a School Bus with Blackfire and Montana

Must be nice to just use new stuff everyday at work. :

Post Thanks / Like

I sure would like to walk down the Blackfire isle and decide what I want to use today.

How short is short? I`m 5`7 and dont think I could reach thetrope with just the pole. I think I might need something to stand on. I really want a master blaster. It would make drying my truck a lot easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the Boars Hair Brush with the handle, makes a beast like this a bit easier to wash! Was very nice of you to wash the school bus!
    I have to say never heard of the trick with the grit guard to get the suds going, I will be stealing that trick!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I sure would like to walk down the Blackfire isle and decide what I want to use today.

How short is short? I`m 5`7 and dont think I could reach thetrope with just the pole. I think I might need something to stand on. I really want a master blaster. It would make drying my truck a lot easier.

This ladder is super handy no matter how tall ( or short) anyone is:

Shop Werner Aluminum Portable Work Platform at Lowes.com
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s the first black school bus I`ve seen.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post

It`s very nice I must say.

I`m 5`8".

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that line is awesome to walk thru.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like the way it smells ,Autopia tech?
    I love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    How do you like the way it smells ,Autopia tech?
    I love it!
    It smells scrumptious!

Thread Information